About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > I Found it on the Web
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I Found it on the Web Cool web sites to visit. If you want to promote your web site, post the URL here. Misleading links and destructive html links will not be tolerated, please include a full description of your link. Also do not post any referal based sites or advertisements.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-27, 16:05
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default The Reform of Octlet

Yes, there are quite a few senior members of totse who were also members of my bbs. I usualy didn't tell anybody about the forum unless I actualy wanted them as a member, it was more selective. However in recent times the board seemed to have died and people stopped posting. To revive the forum I did three things; I A) Gave the forum a direction, it actualy has a purpose, not just random free topicing, I B) killed all the old sections, and lastly I (C) resorted to advertisement.

The direction that I gave the forum was techware, involving software, hardware, gaming, operating systems, and even the dreaded hacking/security.

So for all of your senior Octletians: the forum is back. As you know, I hate advertisement. Mostly because it attracts the kind of people who I hate. So with that said, if you piss me off you are gone. And lastly, Welcome to The New Octlet Techware Forums

[This message has been edited by Zok (edited 10-27-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-10-29, 00:45
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Reform of Octlet

no one is going to join a board that small if you require membership to post. you should allowed unlogged users to post as guests
 #3 
Old 2002-10-29, 00:58
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: The Reform of Octlet

*points at totse*
 #4 
Old 2002-10-29, 02:37
Templeton Templeton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Reform of Octlet

I agree with Syphon, you need as many people as possible posting right now.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-29, 03:45
Ironz Ironz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Reform of Octlet

quote:
Originally posted by syphon detonator:
no one is going to join a board that small if you require membership to post. you should allowed unlogged users to post as guests


I joined, just out of spite. So ha.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-29, 19:05
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: The Reform of Octlet

Hah, Ironz, you don't spite me, you envy.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-29, 19:11
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: The Reform of Octlet

Oh, and I allowed guest posting.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics