About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > I Found it on the Web
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I Found it on the Web Cool web sites to visit. If you want to promote your web site, post the URL here. Misleading links and destructive html links will not be tolerated, please include a full description of your link. Also do not post any referal based sites or advertisements.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-19, 05:57
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default 4x4ing pics

http://www.geocities.com/scorchedweasel2000


just some pics of me and some buddys 4x4ing, I'll have a bunch more pics up soon, and probally after whenever i go

(mine's the green jeep yj)
 #2 
Old 2002-09-20, 00:46
braindead braindead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 4x4ing pics

i 4-wheel all the time. i have an '87 wrangler laredo all hooked up for serious shit. you ever heard of jeep jamborees? i went to a bunch of them, there fucking awesome.

cool pix dude.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-22, 06:25
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 4x4ing pics

Nice, But it doesn't get any better than Buggy's!
http://www.verinet.com/~bprall/
http://members.tripod.com/~jared_s/buggyindex.html
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Dunes/9702/

I hope to be building me another one soon. I sold the last one I had. But if you get into "Rail Buggy's" be prepared to work on them a lot!
But of course you put them through hell so things tend to break. But really nothing can compare, They are just totally fucking awesome!
 #4 
Old 2002-09-22, 21:18
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 4x4ing pics

ok I'm making one, they look amazingly fun
 #5 
Old 2002-09-24, 02:03
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 4x4ing pics

Around here you can buy one street legal for about $1500.00- $2500.00.
By street legal I mean you can drive it on the city streets. You have to get one with a title. And it has to have a horn turn signals and lights.

Some states like Kentucky also require a windshield. But a piece of plexy glass attached with zip ties is what most people use.
Its just a VW. That is modified. So a VW. with a body change title.

Make sure you get a good Dual-Port motor. A single port just does not have the power to climb the hills you will want to climb. But they can go anywhere! No matter how rutted or muddy the trail is, it will go. And they will out climb any jeep or truck.

I like the short frames better than the long ones. Paddle Tires on the back and tractor tires on the front. Disc breaks are another thing you will want. Steering breaks can be fun and help you turn out of a tight situation.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-24, 05:14
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 4x4ing pics

hmmm, don't know if im going to concern my self with making it street legal or not, but I think I'll buy a frame and build it from the ground up, I think I'll be using a short frame, and make a full roll cage ( i know I'll be needing it ), also I'm thinking set it up so i can easily remove my plexy glass winshield, as for an engine i havnt decided yet, but im thinking a four banger from a junked car (pick your part here i come), I'll post once i start building it, but the current project is an ice racer I'm gonna build with some buddy's, this sounds more fun though, so i might just get a frame and start putting it together as i can afford it
 #7 
Old 2002-09-24, 06:08
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 4x4ing pics

Your better off using a old VW. All the parts you need except the cage are there. And they are easy to work on. All the Buggys ive seen are made out of them and you can get all the power you will ever need out of a VW motor.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics