About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > I Found it on the Web
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I Found it on the Web Cool web sites to visit. If you want to promote your web site, post the URL here. Misleading links and destructive html links will not be tolerated, please include a full description of your link. Also do not post any referal based sites or advertisements.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-01-25, 05:02
melrik melrik is offline
Regular
 
Default My webpage

Howdy folks. I'm a greenhorn here, and am looking to shamelessly plug my webpage.
Which is: www.communities.msn.com/theKimbroKronicles
Reasons why you should go there?
I'm a struggling cartoonist and am trying to get acknowleged by the people of planet earth.
My artwork is my own, is not anime or any ripoff there of. I have been drawing comics for twenty odd years and have thousands ot things produced.
But I'm new to the whole webthing and haven't built my webpage from scratch like all you twenty-somethings people. But that is coming.
Anyway- come by and visit. I will be posting new stuff as soon as anyone shows up who gives a sh*t.

 #2 
Old 2002-01-25, 05:20
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My webpage

bad link. (as in not working)
 #3 
Old 2002-01-25, 05:21
melrik melrik is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My webpage

WAIT!!!!Try this address instead!
http://communities.msn.com/theKimbroKronicles

Thanks!
 #4 
Old 2002-01-26, 00:53
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My webpage

well its still bad but now its working (j/k). the comics are too small to read the captions. make them a little bit bigger and seriously consider moving to geocities or another decent host. msn i8s the worst so if your serious about making a page at least get a geocities account and kill the adds on it. aside from that it is a cool concept and could be good.
 #5 
Old 2002-01-26, 21:28
96vickersc 96vickersc is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My webpage

Nice site, crap host. How much of that site is yours? I mean if you actually look at it where does msn deisgn end and yous begin? ON the subject of hosts [u]Don't[/u] use getdotted.com THEY'RE SHIT! I have a site (http://www.glowing-bug.com ) and their hosting is crap. If you go to a link which isn't there they give u a fucked up advertising page. As for CGI, it's difficult to use because it's a different setup to normal sites. While i'm talking, add "META" tage to your site to help with search engines (i've still gotta sort out most of the meta tags on my site).

Chris

Visit my web site with everything illegal I can find --> http://www.glowing-bug.com (more shameful advertising for me)

P.s. Nice cartoons. If I ever become rich and famous you can work for me
 #6 
Old 2002-02-01, 00:19
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My webpage

Haha, the unusual suspects, me and syphon givinh out advise on peoples sites (not that mines any good mind). We should start up a TOTSE members website review. Joke.

As before, the problem is using the MSN shit. I use angelfire which can be either VERY good or VERY bad depending on what you want to do.

Don't go to geocities because their ads on your page look like a 10 yr old made them and they don't even fit any style.

As for the actual comics, they're quite cool.
 #7 
Old 2002-02-01, 05:50
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: My webpage

http://zok.octlet.net - i am looking for some more file submissions, please sumbit yours!
 #8 
Old 2002-02-02, 20:36
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My webpage

matis your right about the adds looking like a ten year old designed them but it also seems that a ten year old implemented the code for them becasue a simple <xml> tag at the end of your page will kill them. the only problem is that they will show up in netscape but smaller and at the bottm of the page(kills them totaly in IE and opera). over all i think they are an ok host mainly becasue there is no file size limit.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics