About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > I Found it on the Web
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I Found it on the Web Cool web sites to visit. If you want to promote your web site, post the URL here. Misleading links and destructive html links will not be tolerated, please include a full description of your link. Also do not post any referal based sites or advertisements.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-01-04, 04:33
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default opera kicks ass

i have heard rumors about how fast and great opera is but i cant believe it. this is such a vast improovement over netscape or IE. the only down side is i dont like the interface. i seriously recomend this to every one. its worth a download. it doesnt mess pages up either.
 #2 
Old 2002-01-05, 10:56
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: opera kicks ass

I didn't like Opera at first, although it was fast.

Six Months later and i love it. Its defenitely better than netscape which messes everything up. I use Opera 5 and haven't upgraded yet. I think the interface is cool, and i bet it'll grow on you.
 #3 
Old 2002-01-09, 11:27
Ayanami Ayanami is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: opera kicks ass

I have opera, the only thing I don't like is that it doesn't work quite right in things like Hotmail.

I love the way I can choose whether to load images or not... it's great when I'm on an image-heavy messageboard and I can't be bothered waiting for all the pics to load.
 #4 
Old 2002-01-19, 06:35
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: opera kicks ass

Because of you guys, I downloaded it, and I have to admit, it's the best browser out there, I love it man....
 #5 
Old 2002-01-19, 07:12
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: opera kicks ass

Go on KaZaa or Morpheus and download the registration keygen, it generats a registration number which will get rid of the banner ad once you have "registered" it.
 #6 
Old 2002-01-20, 05:37
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: opera kicks ass

i dont even mind the banners. the best feature is when use use windows within the browser. that way when you close the browser you also close all the pop ups (no more shit on my desktop :> ).
 #7 
Old 2002-01-20, 20:05
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: opera kicks ass

the only downside that i found (i have had it for about 6 months) is that whan entering passwords and such it wont automaticly goto the login or enter button on the press of the enter key. i have a very old version of opera, does it still do that?
 #8 
Old 2002-01-20, 22:57
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: opera kicks ass

Upgrade.
 #9 
Old 2002-01-21, 00:42
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: opera kicks ass

ok i think ill have to do that, the one i have was the second non-beta version (really old!)
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics