About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > I Found it on the Web
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I Found it on the Web Cool web sites to visit. If you want to promote your web site, post the URL here. Misleading links and destructive html links will not be tolerated, please include a full description of your link. Also do not post any referal based sites or advertisements.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-11-24, 20:37
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

Me and a friend have set up this BBS using free software (it's called YaBB), which allows for PM'ing, personal avatars, personal text and it has a pretty nice look to it. The URL of our forum is:
http://forum.lifeisannoying.com/

We've also got e-mail and IRC chat from the (I'll admit it) a little dull main page as well:
http://www.lifeisannoying.com/

I'd appreciate feedback.
 #2 
Old 2001-11-24, 20:57
govinda govinda is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

I got a 'web page not responding'
 #3 
Old 2001-11-24, 22:21
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

Well, that's because we're having problems with our server and ISP. It goes down from time to time. But it's getting pretty reliable. Just try to access it again. It was working just now.
 #4 
Old 2001-11-26, 02:25
flindelspleet flindelspleet is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

tried to register, but the connection was timed out, i'll try again later
 #5 
Old 2001-11-28, 12:29
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

Our forum now operates almost perfectly, we rarely have problems with the server. And we are still looking for some mods if you're interested in moderating.
 #6 
Old 2001-11-28, 18:16
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

And now we're also setting up an international community with posts in many languages. We already have a German, Chinese and Spanish forum, so come and join if you want your native language included.
 #7 
Old 2001-11-28, 19:48
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

Jesus, a board with messer as mod, WTF, you think i'm going there.

Only joking, there's too many carbon copies at the moment and this doesn't seem to be one of them.

I'll join only if everysingle discussion isn't about the greatness of the EU!
 #8 
Old 2001-11-28, 20:11
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

Messer isn't only Mod, he's also an admin! But I can assure you Mantis that I will not babble on about the greatness of the EU. (at least not most of the time) The thought hadn't crossed my mind yet to tell you the truth. Hehe....

*sadistic and morbid grin*
 #9 
Old 2001-11-30, 01:03
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

Oh my god, run for the trenches, messer has power.

Looks good. Also looks like the sort of board where tossers don't go. Even better. Maybe i will join, but not now, too busy. If you want to make me a mod of the Imperial right-wing racist capitalist scumbag forum then i will accept.
 #10 
Old 2001-11-30, 15:43
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

Now that I think of it, we still need a Conspiracy-type forum on our website. If you want to moderate it then e-mail me Mantis.
 #11 
Old 2001-12-01, 10:35
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

No imperialist bastard forum, LOL, what sort of site you running.

Yeah, cool. I'll e-mail you some time soon.
 #12 
Old 2001-12-02, 21:06
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

Anyone else want to moderate the forum of their choice? (or almost)
 #13 
Old 2001-12-03, 00:06
Fred Madison Fred Madison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

I'm interested in it. What does the moderating involve, like what's your policy about how to moderate?
 #14 
Old 2001-12-03, 02:54
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

Hey messer, i'll mod your world events one as well because i've suddenly turned very power hungry. Plus i know quite alot about history (ps i only want to do it for the fell of power for once in my sad life)

I'll e-mail you.
 #15 
Old 2001-12-03, 16:10
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

Just made you mod of the Manipulative Media and World Events forums Mantis.

To Madison, moderating involves controlling forums, deleting repetitive posts, etc... You also are in charge of getting discussions interesting. We on Life is Annoying follow a strict policy of non-censorship, so anything will be accepted, as long as it somehow productive. Check out our website to see if you're interested in any forum and e-mail me if you want to become a mod for any of those.

 #16 
Old 2001-12-03, 18:18
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

Ok dude
 #17 
Old 2001-12-03, 22:13
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

By the way, I just added a Korean, a German, a Spanish and a Dutch forum to what I already have. I'm working on making a Russian, Portuguese and Arabic one, although the latter might take a while.
 #18 
Old 2001-12-04, 00:52
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

I'll use babelfish to try and communicate!
 #19 
Old 2001-12-04, 17:40
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

Just stick to the English forums Mantis, which is basically the rest of our over 20 individual topic-based boards. Even I'm refraining from posting in the Korean and Chinese forum as well the eventual Russian, Portuguese or Russian one. I just know people who can set them up for me.
 #20 
Old 2001-12-04, 18:15
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

But ah wanna learn russina. Mumsy, messer wont let me learn russian.
 #21 
Old 2001-12-04, 18:46
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

You can always try, although success is far from guaranteed.
 #22 
Old 2001-12-05, 00:06
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

Ok, i give up
 #23 
Old 2001-12-05, 17:25
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Life is Annoying, forum, e-mail and IRC

I'll say this again, please sign up on our forum! I assure you there are still plenty of forums out there in need of a moderator! (and you just might be the one, hehe)
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics