|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2003-01-19, 11:56
|
Viper2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Luck
I have got to thinking recently about the nature of luck and I am not so sure that luck is just some random event that is beneficial to somebody. I seem to be very lucky when I am confident in myself and act on pure instinct. I used to be able to turn a pack of cards over mix them up and find all the twos instinctively, more often than not I was right. Similarly with a set of cards numbered 1-5 and mixed up face down so the numbers are not visible I often find picking up any of the cards and saying the first of the numbers that enters you head is most often correct.
I have come to the idea that humans probably have extra senses that they do not know about, luck may be the times when our minds are open enough to acknowledge and act on these senses.
|
|
#2
 2003-01-19, 18:06
|
Das Troll 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Luck
there have been studies on this. like people had trodes hooked up to them and were shown pictures. pictures of a dog, pictures of a kitten, then a horrible picture of death or grossness. right before that bad picture showed up with no preknowlege, the brain waved picked up. making it seem that the brain knew it was coming and was somewhat prepairing the person for it. so the shock wasnt to great.
|
|
#3
 2003-01-28, 15:10
|
Ikba333 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Luck
quote: Originally posted by Viper2002: I have got to thinking recently about the nature of luck and I am not so sure that luck is just some random event that is beneficial to somebody. I seem to be very lucky when I am confident in myself and act on pure instinct.. ...I have come to the idea that humans probably have extra senses that they do not know about, luck may be the times when our minds are open enough to acknowledge and act on these senses.
I would normally say that was absolutely right, but after noticing that my boyfriend (who believes if it weren't for bad luck...) was absolutely given the worse luck. He is the nicest, most considerate person, always helping out friends, works hard, & basically has "good karma", yet things seem to(as if by fate) work against him! Now I'm not saying he has a horrible life...not at all. He just has to work a little harder, get a little more creative thinking to surpass whatever "bad luck" comes his way. At first I thought he was exagerating, or causing his own "bad luck", but after years of me noticing little things here and there, I would have to say that luck/bad luck is not something we control.... Now we do control our actions and thereby defining if we have good karma/bad (you steal something/something of importance stolen from you- help someone/someone helps you) but overall shit happens no matter what we do. [This message has been edited by Ikba333 (edited 01-28-2003).]
|
|
#4
 2003-01-28, 16:42
|
dcl 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Luck
my friend is totally prone to bad look aswell-
one of the many ridiculous things to happen is when he got kicked out of college permanently, on leaving the building and getting outside all pissed off etc- a bird did a fucking huge shit on his head.
stuff liked this seems to happen all the time, but i agree i think its something to do with your confidence -that somehow determines your good or bad luck-
or maybe your confidence level is what makes you see something in a pessimistic or an optimistic way.
personally i always seem to have better luck the further west that i am in the world- i have no idea why?
|
|
#5
 2003-01-29, 06:56
|
Fooshie 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Luck
I have incredibly good luck at some times, and at other times i have the worlds worst luck. for example : i rarely smoke pot, verrry rarely, but the last time i decided to, i ended up finding out i had an appointment with my doctor for a checkup two days later, they always pee test me.. i started stressing over it but i somehow convinced my mom that she should reschedule it for the summer because i didnt want to miss a day of school. (she beleived me because once i was abscent for 2 days and my grade in physichs dropped from a high B to an F).
another example of bad luck for me :
ok me and my friend accidently steal baloons ( i swear i meant to pay for them but i just kinda walked out of the store with them in my hand without knowing, oh yes im such a rebel) anyways.. we fill one up with water, it was a pretty nice sized baloon, so we hide behind his moms truck in the driveway, and when a car comes speed by he throws the water baloon at it, the windows are down and we get his family wet. TWO FUCKING MINUTES later his sister gets home, the same time the guy comes back... he didnt do anything oddly enough..
[This message has been edited by Fooshie (edited 01-29-2003).]
|
|
#6
 2003-02-01, 09:32
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Wasilla, Alaska
|
|
Re: Luck
Luck is surely a reality, but what some folks mistake for luck at gambling is really sort sort of poranormal ability like teleportation or clairvoyance. My wife and I have done psychic readings professionally for over 30 years--I have always won at the track, she always wins at craps and roulette. You can be literally born lucky, when you have this aspect known as a Yod in your natal chart, or you can increse your luck with affirmations or various other types of magick.
|
|
#7
 2003-02-01, 16:48
|
dcl 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Luck
do u want to tell more about the various forms of magic ^^^
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|