About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-10, 00:08
Regular
 
Default How to think outside the "box"

Ok everyone bear with me, this may seem kind of confusing.

First of all, as soon as you start thinking outside the "box" you will be a quieter maybe even more shy. The benefits are you'll think with so much more creativity, and you'll understand more of that pseudo mind stuff.

Now, imagine your mind as a perfect sphere structure, with no crevaces, cracks, or smudges.

Done that? Good

Now think about pulling a piece of "this" structure off of your mind. You'll feel different. Now keep pulling it, till you feel a strange different sensation. This "feeling" you have right now is the feeling of a person thats been broken down mentally. You may be thinking, whoah isn't that a bad thing? It is in some ways, but in other ways it's a very good thing.

If you practice "this", eventually you'll begin to look outside the box.
 #2 
Old 2003-01-10, 07:20
k devil k devil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to think outside the "box"

if you have been swmoking weed for long enough you get the same thing
 #3 
Old 2003-01-10, 09:59
ahriman ahriman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to think outside the "box"

quote:
Originally posted by k devil:
if you have been swmoking weed for long enough you get the same thing


heh, agreed

any ideas on how to compensate?
 #4 
Old 2003-01-10, 17:40
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to think outside the "box"

There is no perfect. Just better than last, or before. Ones mind will always have gaps in it. Whether it be emotions or thoughts, they will always be there.
 #5 
Old 2003-01-10, 18:10
Regular
 
Default Re: How to think outside the "box"

I'm not saying people's mind's are perfect. I'm saying you need to view you're mind as a perfect structure to see the imperfections in it.
 #6 
Old 2003-01-12, 13:56
littleboodle littleboodle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to think outside the "box"

I don't think there is a 'right' and a 'wrong' way of finding imperfections in your mind... I know where a lot of my imperfections lie and I have never practised your idea. I don't think you can tell someone how to think like they do... it simply will not work...
 #7 
Old 2003-01-12, 15:37
Regular
 
eagan mn usa
Default Re: How to think outside the "box"

BOX!! Noone ever told me about a box! What box is it that I'm supposed to be thinking outside of??!! What color is it!? How big is it!? What shape, square, rectangle, other?! Is it filled with something!? Tell me more about this "box"!

Damn it! Noone ever told me about a damn box!!

(runs over to wall to repeatedly bang head against . . . BOX! BOX! BOX! OUCH!!!)
 #8 
Old 2003-01-12, 22:43
Regular
 
Default Re: How to think outside the "box"

Thats right, everyone is living in a little prison in themselves.

I just posted the way "I" as an individual got outside "this" box myself.
 #9 
Old 2003-01-13, 12:44
KppX KppX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to think outside the "box"

quote:
Originally posted by littleboodle:
I don't think there is a 'right' and a 'wrong' way of finding imperfections in your mind... I know where a lot of my imperfections lie and I have never practised your idea. I don't think you can tell someone how to think like they do... it simply will not work...


Precisely... If you want out of the box, then ou have got to get out of ideas like "right" and "wrong"" or "good & evil", because these are the things that defines this "box".

 #10 
Old 2003-01-14, 22:54
MellowmikePF MellowmikePF is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to think outside the "box"

ppl should think however they wanan think..i think
 #11 
Old 2003-01-18, 05:23
janey_is_rotten janey_is_rotten is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to think outside the "box"

When I started to think outside of this box, I then thought I was crazy. Then I thought outside of that box and asked myself, 'what is crazy?' Then I realised that there are multiple boxes inside of one big box. This bigger box being life. Therefore you need to be dead to be able to think freely. That's the conclusion that I've reached anyway.
 #12 
Old 2003-01-22, 19:29
Regular
 
Default Re: How to think outside the "box"

I find I think best when I have nothing to worry about, and i'm by myself.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics