About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-16, 01:00
grib grib is offline
Regular
 
Default electromagnetism & it's effects

"For billions of years before, the energies that life grew up among were relatively simple. There was a weak electromagnetic field modulated by micropulsations within it and further sculpted by the solar and lunar cycles. There was a burst of static centered at 10,000 hertz and reverberating over the whole earth whenever lightning flashed in the scores of thunderstorms in progress at any one time. There were a few weak radio waves from the sun and other stars. Lifht, including some ifrared and ultraviolet, was the most abundant form of electromagnetic energy. At higher frequencies, living things absorbed only small amounts of ionizing X rays and gamma rays from space and from radioactive minerals in rocks. Large parts of the energy spectrum were totally silent.

We'll never experience that quiet world again. In 1893, Nikola Tesla lit the Chicago World's Fair with the first AC power system, and two years later he began the modern era of electrical engineering by harnessing Niagra Falls..."

"The human species has changed its electromagnetic background more than any other aspect of the environment. For example, the density of radio waves around us is now 100 million or 200 million times the natural level reaching us from the sun. Nor is there any end in sight. When superconducting power cables are introduced, they'll increase the field strength around power lines by a factor of ten or twenty."

Robert O. Becker, M.D. 'The Body Electric: Electromagnetism & the Foudnation of Life.'

Great book. I recommend it for anyone intrested. Scary shit. The last chapter, from which I've taken this quote, is one of the most frightening things I've read in awhile. Most frightening because I've felt the effects my whole life, even before I realized. Only recently have I found the courage & understanding to speak about it publicly.

Here's the question: how can I survive? How can I thrive? What can I do to balance these ever shifting forces?

As far as I know, the scientific community has only in the last deecade or so even awknowledged the existence of bioelectricity. I doubt I'll find much help there. The magickal traditions from around the world all know: hematite grounds you, other stones will help in other ways. Metals, too. I don't think that any of the ancient traditions had to deal with this proliferation of unseen influences. Cities are sources of major electropollution. A constant shift of pushing & pulling, magnetically, is everyday life for any city dweller. Myself included.

Certain characteristic fields have been shown in study to affect certain biological functions: sleep routine, cell growth, healthy birth. What I would like to know is - how can I measure the influences I'm under today? Once I know them, it will be easier to adapt for them. I expect that wearing certain stones will be a way I cope - but what should I wear? I wear all natural fibers, & I think this helps. I use electronic devices as little as possible. The drain on my life has been lessened, but remains. High frequency noises are a constant in my world. Electric buzzing is never ending. I don't expect to leave my world, however. I expect to rise through it. I've read that yogis are less affected by these forces - I'm definitely getting into yoga, for this & other reasons. Any suggestions?

Also - nanotechnology. What are the implications? Would you really want an electrical drain implanted permanently within you? The benefits of implanted technology are obvious. I believe that many people have adapted & are adapting to these constant drains. I wear a phone everywhere I go. Will the drain be noticable, or infitesimal? Will it be battery driven?

As a side note: I'm very pleased with the amount of traffic on this forum. It has risen steadily since my first post. Keep it up - I love the discussion.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics