About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-13, 21:08
Regular
 
Smalltown USA
Default My third muscle

About a year or two ago I realized that I could do something to myself that is hard to explain. It is almost like flexing a muscle but I know there is no real muscle there. And when I do it I begin to shake all over after a couple of seconds and my whole body gets this indescribable pulsating feeling. The longer I do it the worse the shaking gets and the weird feeling grows more intense.
And I think if I do it long enough I might have a seizure. And just like a normal muscle , after I �flex� it for a while I begin to tire.
I have been hesitant in �flexing� this for as long as I can because I am not sure if I am killing brain cells or something like that.
I can�t remember why I named it my Third Muscle but I think the name fits. Anyone know what this could be ? Does anyone else have a Third Muscle?
 #2 
Old 2002-11-13, 23:57
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

I don't think clenching will kill brain cells

But where is this muscle you're flexing?
 #3 
Old 2002-11-14, 02:01
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

Right betwwen the eyes and drifting up the forhead, this is all pretty common stuff, you should probably go and talk to somebody personaly about it, have a look on the net and see if you can find an ashram around you area
 #4 
Old 2002-11-14, 19:32
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

?

sorry, but would someone elaborate on the problem?
 #5 
Old 2002-11-14, 21:50
Regular
 
Smalltown USA
Default Re: My third muscle

Allow me to elaborate on the fact that it is not a real muscle. That is just how I can most accurately describe it , seeing that it is not a physical thing. But when I "flex" it, it seems to be more toward the center of my body running parallel to my spine from my neck to my hips.
Also, today in school I �flexed� it for about seven seconds strait. After about three seconds my hands lifted slightly off of my desk and my fingers began moving (for lack of a better description) like a retard�s fingers as he tried to play the piano.
One thing that I neglected to mention in my first description of what happens when I do this is that my eyes usually roll back in my head and my eyelids flutter (again for a lack of a better description) as if I was having an orgasm.
I am going to a friend�s house tonight and I am going to flex for as long as I can. If I spaz out at least my friend can call an ambulance or try to snap me out of it.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-15, 04:38
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

Well I got it completely wrong, I thought you meant your actual third eye was "flexing" as you put it, it's common to feel a tingling pressure in the area I meantioned, but still go talk to somebody personaly about it, *somebody who realy does know what they talking about*
 #7 
Old 2002-11-15, 06:57
mcfryed mcfryed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

I think I might have the same problem. It almost feels like a small electrical charge is running through your body causing various parts to twitch involuntarily. I can do it at will but for brief periods(a few seconds). I attemped to pinpoint the so called "muscle", and it seems the charge starts at the back of my head where the cerebellum is. It's like your whole body is relaxed except for the occasional spasm or twitch. I just hope it doesn't cause any physical harm.
Rogue, if you happen to figure out any more info on this I would appreciate it if you posted it. As I will attempt reasearch of my own and post my findings.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-15, 20:41
mcfryed mcfryed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

After a night of pondering and so called "flexing", all I can say it the feeling resembles the feeling you get the instant when someone jumps out of a doorway and suprises you. Except for the accelerated heart rate and adrenaline.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-16, 00:07
Regular
 
Smalltown USA
Default Re: My third muscle

Dear mcfryed: Judging by your profile you probably are experiencing this for a different reason than I am. And I wouldn't describe it the way you did. But it could still be the same thing.
I didnt get a chance to do it at my friend's house last night (his mom made us rake leaves the whole time I was there). So I will do it tonight and post again as soon as possible. Sorry for the wait, incase anyone is waiting to hear about what happens to me.
I wish I could research this online but what the hell would I search under ? If I knew what this was called at least I would have a place to start.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-16, 03:58
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

Have a look under Kundalini, but find a good site, not one of these new agey things that pop up all over the place
A friend of mine may experience the same thing, he said it's like being charged with a high voltage, it starts in his stomach (at the chakra piont below the navel) and shoots up towards the head I think, I'll have to ask him again, go particualy for the yogic sites, they seem to know more about this than anybody, but still I recommend seeing one of them in person, they be able to help you more than you know I'd expect, i keep saying that, but I'll post it anyway
 #11 
Old 2002-11-17, 15:06
grib grib is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

Search for chi, ki, prana - all terms from the East. I agree with evolove - Kundalini would help. Read about the chakras. Reiki is a discipline of the energy. Tai Chi or Qi Gong are martial arts which teach control of the energy.

The spine is the largest channel in the body. I feel a gathering which floods down my whole spine often. It gathers in a different place depending on what I'm doing. If I'm feeling close communication with someone for the first time, I feel energy flooding into me from the back of my neck. One time it was so intense that it drowned out completely what the other person was saying for several seconds - I had to ask her again later to repeat it. If I'm doing intense mental work, The front or back of my head - the third eye area - tingles distinctly. When I'm having sex the 1st & 2nd chakras are the source. Kundalini practitioners from India (not the New Agers who come back from a 2 week trip) report that when they have achieved an opening of the Kundalini, it's like feeling a full blown orgasm for 8 hours straight. They practice for 30-40 years to achieve this.
 #12 
Old 2002-11-17, 20:52
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

And people say religion is boring
 #13 
Old 2002-11-17, 23:13
Regular
 
Smalltown USA
Default Re: My third muscle

Thanks for the searching tips. I am going to see if I can find anything.

I asked a few people I know about this (one of which is practically a genius) and no one had any idea what it is.

And so the search continues�
 #14 
Old 2002-11-19, 03:17
maxpower02903 maxpower02903 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

Hey i can do the same thing. Thought i was the only one.
Rogue:: Do you hear a weird kind of sound in your ears too when "flexing"?


[This message has been edited by maxpower02903 (edited 11-19-2002).]
 #15 
Old 2002-11-19, 04:07
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

The sound is called Omkara by some, it has a few names. Is it like the sound of a hive of bees in distance? It can aslo be like a river, thunder, cymbols(sp), there are many different phases, it comes from internalising the senses, Must of the information I have on this comes from yogic sources, but this is from St. Teresa of Avila;
"The noices in my head are so loud I am begining to wonder what is going on in it...My head sounds just as if it were full of brimming rivers...and a host of little birds seem to be whilsteling, not in my ears but in the upper part of my brain, where the soul is said to be; I have held this view for a long time, for the sprit seems to move upward with great velocity."
The "spirit" would probaly be kundalini moving up the spine,
 #16 
Old 2002-11-21, 00:25
NGNeer NGNeer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

Hmmm...

I've heard about this... in fact, I think I may have experienced something similar (the feeling of electrical charge goes from the base of the skull down the spine, accumulating a strange feeling at the shoulders, head, and base of the spine), but although I've sustained the action for a prolonged time, it's never had any detrimental effects.

I've also noticed that the part on my forehead that seems to coincide with what is called the third eye will feel strange (like a static charge has developed there) if an object is held near it, but the feeling disappears if the object makes actual contact with my head. I have no idea what it means.
 #17 
Old 2002-11-21, 10:01
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

That is actualy your third eye activating -if thats the right word for it-
 #18 
Old 2002-11-24, 08:24
push_a_long push_a_long is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

How exactly do you do this thing? I have no idea at all about it but I want to feel what your talking about. Do you rub your head is funny way or somthing?! enlighten me.
 #19 
Old 2002-11-26, 08:41
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My third muscle

I know what you mean. I can only usually keep it up for a few seconds. Like a couple other's said, I thought I was the only one, heh. Is this related to some eastern religions/philosophys? I'd like to hear any answers any of you guys come up with myself

-GreaterEvil
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics