|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-07-17, 04:51
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Chronic Fever?
For at least a decade, I've suffered from recurring fevers that have drenched my bed in sweat when they break. I've been tested for Aids since coming to America in the 80's and haven't been found positive. I don't use IV drugs, i've been monogomus and haven't had any tattoos or blood transfusions. The only things i can think of is malaria, Dengue or a bad reaction to the Anthrax vaccine. I gotta rule out the Anthrax shot since i've only gotten that recently. And Tests for Dengue and malaria have been negative everytime. I've seen research where sometimes malaria doesn't show. Anyone else know anything about this?
|
|
#2
 2002-07-17, 14:55
|
tr0g 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
Night Sweats is what it sounds like you have. Thyroid Desease? did you ask them to check for that. Diabitis. And perhaps just the weather or nightmares. go have a sleep test.
But then again Im not a doctor.
|
|
#3
 2002-07-18, 04:25
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
quote: Originally posted by tr0g: Night Sweats is what it sounds like you have. Thyroid Desease? did you ask them to check for that. Diabitis. And perhaps just the weather or nightmares. go have a sleep test.
But then again Im not a doctor.
I got checked out for thyroid and my wife would recognize if i have diabeties since she has it herself. I'm thinking it may be night sweats. Probably nightmares or some other shit I should go see a sleep doc for
|
|
#4
 2002-07-18, 18:00
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
Joe,
Do you drink a lot of fluids? Are your toes numb?
Nox
|
|
#5
 2002-07-18, 20:55
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
quote: Originally posted by Nox: Joe,
Do you drink a lot of fluids? Are your toes numb?
Nox
i drink lots of fluids, mainly because in the hawaiian heat not doing so while doing PT can mean heat stroke. I do have numb toes, mainly from the frost bite I've gotten from the Korean and Northern Japanese winter
|
|
#6
 2002-07-18, 21:45
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
Joe,
Friendly advice,
Go to the Flight Surgeon's office and get a diabeites check. I understand what you said about your wife, but get checked anyway.
Nox
|
|
#7
 2002-07-19, 08:00
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
I was tested for diabeites along with the most recent blood test. I haven't heard anything yet.
|
|
#8
 2002-07-19, 12:41
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
Since your wife has a tester, check your own blood sugar now.
Nox
|
|
#9
 2002-07-19, 13:58
|
Renegade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
These night sweats have been around a while.
If diabetes caused nightsweats and he had them for a while he would either be in a coma or dead.
I have diabetes however i didnt have sweat before diagnosis, just excessive thirst and poor vision and a violent mood.
Peace Renegade,
|
|
#10
 2002-07-20, 07:20
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
I tested it. Normal. I got my test results back today, which is negative. Now I got to answer a questionnare about several things. one was what pills I took during the gulf war and the anthrax vaccine.
|
|
#11
 2002-07-20, 13:30
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
Did you have the sweats before that?
Nox
|
|
#12
 2002-07-20, 21:01
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
nope. They started a year after I got back
|
|
#13
 2002-07-20, 22:29
|
segue 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
something like gulf war syndrome, that would be my guess
|
|
#14
 2002-07-21, 00:46
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
Joe,
Get in contact with one of the Veterns Groups (VFW, DAV, American Legion, AmVets, et al) because they have people who can give you some specific information. Might be worth your time.
Nox
|
|
#15
 2002-07-21, 08:58
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
I actually contacted a lawyer. It's better to wait until you get discharged before filing a claim of that sort.
|
|
#16
 2002-07-23, 10:52
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
Joe, this will seem like an odd question, but do you consume diet sodas regularly or anything containing Aspartame (also called Nutrasweet and Phenylalanine)?
|
|
#17
 2002-07-24, 04:28
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
nope. I pretty much shun diet soda. why? because of the Phenylene? (spelling?)
|
|
#18
 2002-07-25, 13:19
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
Yes, Phenylalanine is known to cause symptoms ranging from "indicators" of diabetes to full blown Multiple Sclerosis, as well as irreparable genetic damage. It's been investigated as one of the causes for the supposed "Gulf War Syndrome" as well.
Just something to keep in mind...but if you avoid it, good for you.
|
|
#19
 2002-07-26, 04:52
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
hmmm i thought they diagnosed that when they draw fluid out of the mother's uterus. Probably not done on me considering my birth place. I did read however that that condition causes brain damage or death if Phenylalanine was consumed if you were diagnosed with that condition
|
|
#20
 2002-07-26, 13:49
|
Renegade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
Gulf war syndrome i reckon
But i aint no Doctor.
Peace Renegade,
|
|
#21
 2002-07-29, 03:24
|
tr0g 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
Not to be insensitive and I hope you get better and find out what caused it. But I thought at first you were talking about an addiction to weeed.  anyways I ran a fever for 7 weeks once about 7 years ago. scared me. i was depressed for the longest time. i think my liver was infected. it was never above 100 though. And every time i went to the doctor it never went above 99.1 but they still classified it as a low grade fever. But then again it was during the hot months. I understand your tempiture naturally fluxuates between 96 and 99 all day. so who knows whats wrong with you. Night sweats can be from all this damn heat or maybe you have a new cover on your bed that is way to insulated or maybe you're having reoccuring nightmares. Good luck to you.
|
|
#22
 2002-07-29, 05:59
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
quote: Originally posted by tr0g: Not to be insensitive and I hope you get better and find out what caused it. But I thought at first you were talking about an addiction to weeed.

Nah, i've never puffed or have done drugs in my life. Anyway, I've gotten tested again by another doctor. He believes it's Malaria or Dengue fever. we'll see.
|
|
#23
 2002-07-29, 20:34
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
quote: Originally posted by Joe Boo: Anyway, I've gotten tested again by another doctor. He believes it's Malaria or Dengue fever. we'll see.
Joe, Was the Dr. military or civilian? If civilian, check credentials. Getting a diagnosis like you got is questionalble. There is a large difference between the two diseases you mentioned. It sounds to me like someone reaching somewhere and throwing out a bunch of names. If you have had dengue fever white boy, one of your medical stops should have been by the morgue for a measurement. Nox
|
|
#24
 2002-07-30, 00:16
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
quote: Originally posted by Nox: Joe,
Was the Dr. military or civilian? If civilian, check credentials. Getting a diagnosis like you got is questionalble. There is a large difference between the two diseases you mentioned. It sounds to me like someone reaching somewhere and throwing out a bunch of names. If you have had dengue fever white boy, one of your medical stops should have been by the morgue for a measurement.
Nox
Not really. I looked up Dengue. Says that survival depends one what kind of health you are in. I'm absolutly positive it isn't Dengue though.
|
|
#25
 2002-08-06, 23:05
|
Vicodin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Chronic Fever?
ever heard of pitoriasys versicolor(sp)? it's a yeast infectionlike disorder that typically affects only those with comprimised immune systems that are heavy night sweaters. however, if you have a natural proclivity for fungal allergies, you could have contracted the versicolor and THEN found yourself with increased activity of the sweat glands.
tanning beds are notorious for furthering this lil bugger.
fortunately, you can save yourself a trip to the dermatologist and kill it by buying a bottle of Head & Shoulders and slathering yourself (and trouble areas) with it and letting it set for 5 minutes before you take a shower. give it 14 solid days before you start looking for signs of remission. once it's gone tho, it's gone until you reinfect yourself.
reinfection is only possible by coming into contact with the fungus while it's alive... and luckily, it's like everything else and can only thrive with a host and dies quickly outside of the body.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|