About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-06-26, 03:58
Bliizzard Bliizzard is offline
Regular
 
Default Dreams are amazing

I woke up 2 times in my life and expericed true love it was the most amazing feeling in the world 100 times better than sex probaly 50 times better than true love in real life.... in dreams u can do anything u can experince anything.... when u sleep your brain turns off chemical for memory so u dont remeber them. but there is a way to "wake up" in your dreams called lucid dreaming i have a book on it and did the lessons but it didnt work worth shit anyone have any know how on lucidity? anyone have it work for them?
 #2 
Old 2002-06-26, 04:35
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams are amazing

I seem to have lucid dream A LOT. theres one problem. by the itme i realize its lucid, im awake. like last night i had a dream that I was running form that guy in that movie who loved thsat girl so much and tattooed her name on his chest. i jumped into an apartment and was with friends. then this lady started vaccuuming outside and i told her to shutup. she didnt so i pulled out the plug in the wall. then i was told that this lady is crazy and can make cars drive into people. so i was wlaking home and this car swirved and nearly killed me. then at home cars kep[t comming inside and i had to kill the drivers to stop them form killig me. eventually i was like, helli can wake up, and i did. i just blink in the dream and wake up. next time ill see if i can NOT blink but simply realize everything, and go fuck briteny spears or some shit!
 #3 
Old 2002-06-26, 04:57
Bliizzard Bliizzard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams are amazing

nice
 #4 
Old 2002-06-28, 07:17
Haro Haro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams are amazing

When you realize you're dreaming - point your arms straight out to the side and spin around like a top. You will not wake up untill you want to, or you can become non-lucid again after a while.
 #5 
Old 2002-06-29, 03:45
MR.SMITH MR.SMITH is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams are amazing

I had a dream last night, its silly but it kinda deals with this. I dreampt i was back in st.louis, behind a old house i used to live in walking through the trees for hours. If you have ever seen that movie legend, it looked like that. And the whole time i knew i was dreaming, but i didnt care, and when i awoke in the morning i remembered the whole thing.
 #6 
Old 2002-06-30, 15:22
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams are amazing

I have this very often. Usually in the morning like an hour or so before I'm going to wake up. I sometimes wake up at weird places like the bathroom or with weird objects in my bed. Last time I had spilled a whole bottle of cola in my bed. Shit it thought I had wet my bad. It can sometimes be very anoying.

But I have something better than lucid dreaming. Sometimes I just get these kinds of blackouts and black holes in my brain. I can't really explain this but I just snap. I lose my consiousness, but my body phisically still acts normal, like some basic primaive skills. I can't remember anything. Not even my name. (this happends while I'm awake). It's really weird. But fun thing. It gives you a pleasant felling, similar feeling as being high off LSD.
 #7 
Old 2002-06-30, 16:08
tsunami tsunami is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams are amazing

Has anyone had a dream that seemed that real you had to pinch yourself, I had a dream where I tried to scream but couldn't even say a word, then wham! I felt like I fell from a height than woke up. It felt really weird... But good at the same time.
 #8 
Old 2002-06-30, 22:15
tHeRoBoT49 tHeRoBoT49 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams are amazing

What's really weird about me is that I almost have the same dream every night, or at least the same idea. When I'm walking, it feels like I have lead weights around my legs. It is impossible to move when doing anything, and it hurts like a bitch. Like when I'm getting the mail or going to my next class in high school or college. One time I dreamt that I was working at a customer's house (I'm a sprinkler guy) and I had to climb up a huge hill to replace a few heads when my legs were messed up.

Weird thing about this is that when I wake up, the dream felt so real that I actually believed that walking was nearly impossible for me to do. Other times, when I try to speak, I can't get out what I'm trying to say and it all comes out in gibberish.
 #9 
Old 2002-07-23, 05:32
ExtazyBoy ExtazyBoy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams are amazing

to help get an ld, you can take 2 or 1 dramamine pills {sleep aid}, and just wait till you want to go to sleep and go, thats when i got my first REAL ld, i was fluying but by thinking about it and it felt like rollercoaster feeling my head was actually spining and it was crazy, also i was hearing full sound music with REAl lyrics, when i woke up i still remembered the song and the lyrics it was all made up by my brain and trust it was good
the only negative effect you may get from this, is you will probly constantly wake up from little "nightmares" you always hear somebody calling you and it could be quite scary, but falling back into a dream is a peace of cake just close your yes and let it flow...
make sure not to take a big dose of dramamine or you will trip your ass off and you won;t even relieze it and you will probly get yourself in some bad shit...i did once ;(
 #10 
Old 2002-07-23, 10:41
Regular
 
Texas USA
Default Re: Dreams are amazing

quote:
Originally posted by Bliizzard:
i have a book on it and did the lessons but it didnt work worth shit anyone have any know how on lucidity? anyone have it work for them?


I have found that if you get in the habit of asking yourself quite regularly throughout your waking day "Am I Dreaming?" and then if the answer is "No" proving it with either of the means listed later, you will be in that habit when you are dreaming too, and will more easily determine you are dreaming in time to snap to lucidity.

Dream-checks: Read something twice to see if it reads the same both times (many times it won't in a dream for some odd reason, or you won't be able to read at all)
Look into a mirror for discrepencies in what should be reflected and what is actually reflected. (many times in dreams, reflections will be incomplete or inappropriate)

These are two means by which I verify mentally the awake state by habit, and thus can almost instantly identify the dream state by the same habit.

Once I determine I AM dreaming, I "find my hands", that is to say, purposely focus on my hands specifically, in order to gain control of the dream itself. From there it is simply a matter of maintaining control and staying in the dream. The "top" technique suggested earlier works well for keeping you in the dream when you fear you are about to lose it.
 #11 
Old 2002-07-23, 16:13
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams are amazing

I usually wake up with tears in my eyes. i usually cry about me being the only human alive in the world.

Peace Renegade,
 #12 
Old 2002-08-05, 17:51
32973 32973 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams are amazing

Blizzard I have been reading up on Astral Projection (look at it if you are intrested in Lucid Dreams). One of the ways to start having lucid dreams is to ask yourself during the day if you are dreaming. like if you see a funny car look at it and say "this car looks funny because it has wierd looking wheels and 3 different colors, am I dreaming?" then pull your finger to see if it stretches really LONG or try to jump in the air to see if you can fly. And then you will start doing this in your dreams. Lucid Dreams are fun but Astral Projection is Lucid Dreaming for the gods :-)

=nick=

[This message has been edited by 32973 (edited 08-05-2002).]
 #13 
Old 2002-08-06, 22:43
Vicodin Vicodin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams are amazing

dreaming is just about the only thing in my life i can control.

here's a easy exercise for teaching yourself to lucid dream. forego sleep for one night, trying to stay awake for 24hours (or twice as long as your mind's accustomed to snoozing). if you regularly pull all-nighters, try to remain conscious for 48 hours.

next, turn on the boob tube to a channel with a lot of similar programming -- courtTV, national geographic, and A&E (when they're having lotsa American Justice and City Confidentials episodes) are all good choices. make sure you have the volume loud enough for it to make sleeping difficult.

now wait to pass out.

once you're zonked and past the first couple of REM cycles, you'll start to hone in on what the television's playing. if you can remember that you're trying the tv experiment in your sleep, you'll slowly start to pick up on dialogues and realize you're basically in TVLand.

i've spent many an afternoon on a shark boat or sitting in Oprah's audience. naturally, the dream process accounts for Ms. Winfrey's missing teeth or purple tentacles.
 #14 
Old 2002-08-06, 23:57
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams are amazing

Wow, sounds like you get a lot accomplished and have a lot of fun while doing it.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics