About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-06-06, 03:57
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Question About Astrology

My sign is Gemini and I have figured out that my rising sign is Libra, but I found that I can't find out my Moon sign unless I look up something called something like a Femurous? I'm not sure if that's the exact word, though.

Does anyone know how I could figure out my Moon sign?

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2002-06-06, 11:45
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

Lost,

No.

But welcome back. Your presence was missed.

Nox
 #3 
Old 2002-06-06, 16:07
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Question About Astrology

Thank you, Nox.

Cheers,
Lost
 #4 
Old 2002-06-10, 22:37
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

There's shit loads of different Astrology programs that you can download from the net, they'll calculate your chart for you, I'm not sure how accurate they are, but I think that most are pretty close, sorry I can't tell you where, I just used dogpile.
 #5 
Old 2002-06-12, 00:44
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

Eastern Astrology is based upon the Moon.

Use a program, it's easiest. But you get what you pay for.


[This message has been edited by CuriousMonky (edited 06-12-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-06-26, 03:09
NapalmNate505 NapalmNate505 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

Look up your Moon Sign on www.google.com
 #7 
Old 2002-06-26, 04:32
Brent Brent is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

I find it difficult to even think that people actually believe in this utter nonsense.

[This message has been edited by Brent (edited 06-26-2002).]
 #8 
Old 2002-06-28, 13:10
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

It's ok... ignorance is bliss.
 #9 
Old 2002-06-28, 18:45
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

quote:
Originally posted by CuriousMonky:
ignorance is bliss.


Don't think about that for too long or your head will hurt.

[This message has been edited by Bogey Man (edited 06-28-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-06-28, 21:24
RipSlider RipSlider is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

I don't mean to take the piss or anything, but I do have a question to those people who believe in astrology.

Stars, planets and the moon are purely lumps of rock, or super critical plasma, contained in a gravity well.

Their motion is totally predictable with Newtons laws and a degree in Non-linear physics. So, knowing this, how do people think that the motion of the stars can rpedict their lives??

I would also like to point out that, on any particular day, you can check the astrology charts in 20 or 30 different papers and magasines, and find totally different predictions for exactly the same star sign, many of which fully contradict each other. How do you know which one to believe??

If there is a grand plan, and our lives are governed by the stars, ( and by this I mean that one in twelve people out there, all over the whole planet is having exactly the same day) then why does no one in power check to see what'll happen, and do something about it. Why doesn't the government have a Star Seeing department. Then all their decisions would be better informed.....

RipSlider
 #11 
Old 2002-06-29, 10:17
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

I recently started a book about the birth of Christ, by PAH Seymour PhD FRAS, who is the Principal Lecturer in Astronomy at the Univeristy of Plymouth, I meantion this only to show that inteligent people (by societies standards) can believe in such things, but he put forth the thoery to do with the electromagnetics of our planet being effected by that of the other planets and constellations, which of course will effect the electromagnetics in our own bodies, frames of mind ect. it's for this reason the birth chart is important is because of the continuity of mind, where you start will have an effect on were you go,
I had an interesting expeirince with horiscopes, I read my stars one morning, which I wasn't in the habit of doing it then, but it said quite plainly, today you will find interst in somebody you would usualy ignore, some of my parents friends came over, and usualy I would just say Hi and go to my room, but the lady bought up a conversation about various conpiricy theories, something I wouldn't expect from any family friends, this you could say flicked my switch and I ended up staying and talking, this has happened a couple of times sense, but sometimes there also completely wrong, who knows?

[This message has been edited by evolove (edited 06-29-2002).]
 #12 
Old 2002-06-29, 20:19
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

quote:
0riginally posted by RipSlider:

Stars, planets and the moon are purely lumps of rock, or super critical plasma, contained in a gravity well.

Their motion is totally predictable with Newtons laws and a degree in Non-linear physics. So, knowing this, how do people think that the motion of the stars can rpedict their lives??



I don't think it can predict lives, but can help tell which planets are causing what influences in certain places and at what times. Each planet or whatever having a different effect because they are diffferent objects acting differently. Because in the same way that these spacial objects have an effect on eachother they do on us. The Moons' gravity and cycle has an obvious impact on the oceans' tides. Now considering this and that our bodies are between something like 70% to 90% water, it could be logical to deduce that their is an impact on ourselves. This is just an example of our closest and largest, non-manmade spacial object. You said that their motion is totally predictable, this means that each object (probably) follows a specific pattern, creating, generally, the same effects time and again.

quote:
0riginally posted by RipSlider:
I would also like to point out that, on any particular day, you can check the astrology charts in 20 or 30 different papers and magasines, and find totally different predictions for exactly the same star sign, many of which fully contradict each other. How do you know which one to believe??

Everyone interprets things differently and some the same...And everyone has different skill levels for the job they do. Also, one needs to keep in mind that these readings are given for specific locations on the earth.

I don't believe our lives are governed by the stars but by the choices we make and have made and how we respond to our current enviroment. The stars only influence their enviroments, just like we humans and any other living thing does.

 #13 
Old 2002-06-29, 20:23
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

Sorry to repeat something basically already said. I didn't read your post, Evolve, until I had finished my reply because if I had it would have interrupted my thinking and answers to his questions.
 #14 
Old 2002-06-30, 00:53
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

the water was a nice idea, I haven't come across that before
 #15 
Old 2002-06-30, 14:52
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

Thanks, but I don't really think it was "my" idea. Of course their are other effects such as gravity, electomagnectics and radiation and such. Each planet or sattelite having their own expressions.
 #16 
Old 2002-06-30, 15:41
tsunami tsunami is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

I am SCORPIO (3rd of November) and even though I take an interests in astrology and believe the planets have a somewhat affect on the earth, I still think it really shouldn't be taken so seriously. I mean the idea that everyone can be lumped into 12 categories (star signs) is a little hard to believe, don't you think?.
 #17 
Old 2002-06-30, 15:57
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Question About Astrology

To tell the truth, I don't really even believe in astrology - since the way it was drawn up was done about 5000+ years ago when the stars were in completely different alignments. Thus, any small ammount of actually scientific credibility it once had, is now totally lost. But, I find it a curious oddity, nonetheless. It's interesting and I don't think it's theories are complete bollocks. But, certainly I don't plan my life around my astrological perdictions.

I have plenty of superstitions, but that's just not one of them.

Cheers,
Lost
 #18 
Old 2002-06-30, 23:36
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

I am a Metal Monkey (5 July, 1980) Cancer.

Yes, it's finally answered. I am 21.

I don't think it should be taken so seriously either. But still, it can be an interesting read.
 #19 
Old 2002-07-26, 04:43
stonedonchicken stonedonchicken is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

Most horoscope readings are so vague that if you think about them enough, they can be true to anything that has happened to you or is going to happen to you.
 #20 
Old 2002-08-06, 23:17
Vicodin Vicodin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

astrology is generally a load of crap... i know, i used to write a weekly horoscope for a magazine back in the early 90's. it was a decent gig, and everyone always told me how 'right on' i seemed to be.

the secret? i'd get really high, and i had a list of twelve people i knew personally, each with a different astrological sign, and then i'd sit down and scribble five or six vague sentences about how i expected their lives turning out in the next week or so based on what little i remembered about their personal lives.

now, on the flip side, i do tend to believe most of the astrological character sketches i read in books... hell, i could sit down and pour my guts into 50 pages on being a Scorpio and include all my neuroses. and i'm sure it would be pretty close to what most other scorpios feel.

my boyfriend and i share a november 5th birthday and we're almost identical in every way when it comes to our general outlook on life and personal convictions. i could list everything, but it's easier if you just take my word for it.

try dating someone born on the same day of the year, chances are it'll end in a murder/suicide before your first anniversary. ;0)
 #21 
Old 2002-08-07, 00:00
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

Have you drawn up your own natal chart yet?
 #22 
Old 2002-08-11, 22:42
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question About Astrology

That's what I thought.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics