About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-06-03, 01:06
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Stem Cell research.

I don't know much about this. I was wondering if anyone knew what it is and what the big deal it's about. All I know is that it has to potential to cure diabeties and other diseases like that
 #2 
Old 2002-06-03, 02:29
segue segue is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Stem Cell research.

yes, the debate comes from how they get the stem cells which is from a undeveloped embryo, basicly the churchy anti-abortion people are going crazy over it, but it could cure alot of stuff
 #3 
Old 2002-06-03, 04:18
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Stem Cell research.

Sounds like it. Hopefully they approve it. my wife has diabeties. It'll probably cost an arm and a leg though when it becomes available
 #4 
Old 2002-06-03, 04:41
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Stem Cell research.

You think it will cost an arm and a leg? Shit, with diabetes in some cases amputations have to be performed, thats what I call costing an arm and a leg.
 #5 
Old 2002-06-03, 06:39
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Stem Cell research.

Yes I know. I'd give up everything just for her to be cured. Sometimes though I think it may not be enough.
 #6 
Old 2002-06-03, 08:24
segue segue is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Stem Cell research.

that sucks about your wife man, i'll send some positive vibes her way, has she had it all her life or recently? and this brings up the Question, where does this leave you on abortion joe, do you have any kids, just want to know your position...
 #7 
Old 2002-06-04, 19:11
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Stem Cell research.

I'm all about abortion. why not? the anti-abortion people are all about claiming that a fetus is a living thing, then shoot docters and blow up clinics, and, once the kid is born they don't give a rusty fuck about the kid.
 #8 
Old 2002-06-06, 02:13
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Stem Cell research.

My wife just had one on Monday
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics