About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-21, 01:00
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Question for JCX and joe1627

What is puesdo-science?

Nox
 #2 
Old 2002-05-21, 23:59
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for JCX and joe1627

maybe they were going for pseudo
 #3 
Old 2002-05-22, 14:24
joe1627 joe1627 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for JCX and joe1627

don't know, don't care, don't wanna
I can always look some stuff up and do some research but the fact is i really don't see where this conversation would be going so...not gonna waste my time...

Later
Joe~
 #4 
Old 2002-05-22, 17:12
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for JCX and joe1627

Hey joe,

Look on the marquis that comes up after you click on community. Read the description for this forum..........that's where I'm going.

Nox
 #5 
Old 2002-05-22, 17:19
joe1627 joe1627 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for JCX and joe1627

may i ask why?

Later
Joe~
 #6 
Old 2002-05-22, 18:25
Samuli Samuli is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for JCX and joe1627

Actually I noticed that one too. I'd guess it means something like modern science or scientology (according to the forum name).
But then again, I don't really have a clue.
 #7 
Old 2002-05-22, 20:20
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for JCX and joe1627

Joe, its not Nox's responsibility to take care of this forum, he was just looking out for you

 #8 
Old 2002-05-22, 23:08
tHeRoBoT49 tHeRoBoT49 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for JCX and joe1627

I just looked it up in the dictionary.
It is: A theory, methodology, or practice that is considered to be without scientific foundation.

So this would have do to with natural philosophy (what science was called way back when). But perhaps it would be even before that because natural philosophy's aim was to describe nature and our surroundings through reason and nothing else.

Just thought that this would help, I learned about all this junk in my philosophy class I took last semester.
 #9 
Old 2002-05-23, 19:23
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for JCX and joe1627

Robot,

Thank you for trying. Read the post carefully and the hit the dictionary again.

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
What is puesdo-science?



I really do appreciate your effort.

Nox

 #10 
Old 2002-05-24, 08:32
tHeRoBoT49 tHeRoBoT49 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for JCX and joe1627

Whoa, that's a mistake on my part. When I got home, I looked up PSEUDOSCIENCE. I couldn't find it on the online dictionary, so I just typed it into google and looked at the results. I mainly got links describing stuff with science-fiction and fantasy. So my guess has to be phenomena dealing with aliens, magic, or stuff like that.

I guess this is the correct defination.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics