About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-05, 23:26
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Question for evolove

I copied this from a post you made on another topic:

posted 04-02-2002 03:25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Physicists theorise that if there were beings living on planes different to ours it would be relitively simple for them to be able to do this sort of thing, they simply wouldn't be limited in this respect they way we are. If you could contact them they might help you out, which isn't that unrealistic (to be able to make contact) considering this has been the spoken about scince time immemorial by diffent people from all over the world. I personaly find it hard to believe that theres no truth whatsoever to at least some of the claims made.
Also if you were omnipresent that would cange the rules phenomonaly, this is also, at least, a possiblity.


I concur about the possibility/probabilty of beings on other planes of existence from our. However, just because they are on a different plane, does that make them superior (in whatever way) to us? What would prevent them from being like us? What is to keep them from feeling that somehow we (by being on a different plane) are superior to them.

I am somehow troubled by the assumption (that comes across the way it is posted), that because they are not on our level (plane), they are superior. I do not imply the we (on this level) are inordinately wonderful, but I don't feel we should not be too quick to define ourselves as inferior to those of another plane.

Nox
 #2 
Old 2002-05-08, 03:16
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for evolove

I didn't mean to imply that I thought they were superior, just that they could easliy do this sort of thing because they have a better/different vantage point. I read this is in one of Micho Kaku's books he likened it to us looking at a 2-d drawing of a prison, from where we are we could rubout one of the prisoners, then redraw him on the other side of his cell, if this was a real world it would apear to the other people there that this guy just teleported out-side his cell, so similarly others on different planes could do as such to our world, which doesn't realy make them superior, it would be as easy a drawing for us, maybe I should have went into more detail.
Superior = Inferior
------------------------
"one thought v.s. the other makes illusions show, so...., gobble" J.K.
 #3 
Old 2002-05-21, 00:53
Axlenemo Axlenemo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for evolove

I have read that scientists now are turning towards the fact that animals evolve quicker than we thought.In scotland a cougar escaped a local zoo, after it had children they were darker.After two generations they were black and hunting on herds of sheep.
 #4 
Old 2002-05-21, 00:57
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for evolove

Axle,

I want to respond, but I'm a little short of time right now. I'll get back to you.

Nox

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics