About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-04-27, 03:52
modega modega is offline
Regular
 
Default dark presences

something very wierd has been happening to me lately,as i drift off to sleep when i take my daily nap,if its just a light sleep,even in the broad daylight i can see and sense a dark shadow hovering over me and images that seem demonic run through my mind, i can sense something calling to me from another realm and i feel very uncomfortable as this somewhat evil force surrounds me,then i struggle to wake up but always feel very bad when i awake after these incidents , has this ever happened to anyone or does anybody know what it could be , write back if you can help,
tankee
 #2 
Old 2002-04-27, 13:57
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: dark presences

what do you mean when you say that you stuggle to wake up?
 #3 
Old 2002-04-27, 14:51
modega modega is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: dark presences

i can feel myself wanting to wake up but i cant move or fully awaken
 #4 
Old 2002-04-27, 15:14
Viper2002 Viper2002 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: dark presences

I keep experiencing the same thing.

I wake up in the night and my body is completely palerized,I cant even move my face or open my eyes. And I know its not a dream because I could here people talking and they verified it in the morning. One night it lasted for about an hour it was terrifying. People have been buried alive and shit when stuff like that happens.
 #5 
Old 2002-04-27, 17:20
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: dark presences

go look at the thread on sleep paralysis, by dopester-dazed, its about what youre talking about

i looked up sleep paralysis and the site mentioned stuff like feeling like a person is sitting on your chest. once when it happened to me i heard a little girl screaming, its just your mind messing with you.
 #6 
Old 2002-04-27, 21:25
bus_driver bus_driver is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: dark presences

maybe its your time to pass over
 #7 
Old 2002-05-05, 22:52
hellis hellis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: dark presences

This is thought to be the origines of the fabled demons Incubus and Sucubus (demons who rape people while they sleep). Some people who experience sleep paralysis have complained that they "feel" some type of presence around them and even standing on their backs. They then force themselves to "wake" up and then realize that it is a hallucination, but still fear going to sleep.
 #8 
Old 2002-05-08, 02:25
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: dark presences

damn, thats how i feel when i sleep. i had the paralasis thing go on a few times lately, and it scares you more everytime. cuz u think theres someone there and u freak out! i saw a guy at my door once, but it was obviously ide imagine me still dreamign while awake stuck in paralasis. and im the horrible fuckign paranoid motherfucker with an 8 inch knife and baseball bat next to my bed.

i honestly get scared to death to goto sleep now, so ive been sleepign earlier, so as to not have to deal with the darkness. (no im not afraid of the dark, but it makes it worse)
 #9 
Old 2002-05-09, 04:40
belarion23 belarion23 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: dark presences

In regard to Hellis' post regarding Incubi and Sucubi, There was an excellent movie, I believe it was called the entity in which Barbara Hershey's character was sexually assaulted by something. Supposedly, it is based on a true story but the real woman in question-well she is no Barbara Hershey.
All sarcasm aside about the movie, I would advise reading tracks on Lucid Dreaming, The Tibetan Book of the Dead, and books on psychic defense. This is not necessarily going to get anybody thru the night but may help. Also, do all the research you can on shamanism and yes, scientific research in the field! I would use "the psychiatrist" as a last result.
If you have the cash and it is this bad, you may want to try The Monroe Institute. (No, I am not recruiting for future remote viewers) I don't see how it could hurt but I have be known to be wrong.
However, Have yourself tested first and exhaust all medical possibilities-this may save you cash- and then again it may just be something you may have to deal with; yes-easier said than done! Good Luck.
 #10 
Old 2002-05-09, 11:21
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: dark presences

Sleep paralysis, where can i start ? I have been victim to it for a good while im now 16 i believe it started when i was about 13. Heres what happened =

Constant feelings as if i was flying through space,

Gettin numbers whizzing through my brain and not being to able to answer them in time for a old lady,

Alien visitations (frequent)

Ghosts in my wardrobe

Feelings of having needles in my eye when i wake up.

Worrying about elephants attacking my house.

Funnty i know but their shit scary at times and know i dont do acid just dope and i didnt do it when i had these feelings.

They were more frequent when i was younger and i get the odd one every 6 months or so.

Dont worry though friend.

Peace Renegade,
 #11 
Old 2002-05-11, 08:50
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: dark presences

When I 1st had that super-scary, can't move, seems like you'll die if you don't move, sleep thing, I really was terrified and wanted to know what it was and if anyone else had ever had it and what they did.
In fact I was looking up websites about sleep disorders the night I discovered totse.
There seemed to be little or no hard facts or scientific data about it then, at least that I could search after search my way to, but there were a few sights where people were very excited to share their experiences, very similar to the ones described in this and the paralysis thread(those about paralysis)
Anyway I asked one of my closest friends, well he was almost my ex, but I respected his opinions in many areas..I asked him what was this thing I described and he replied matter-of-factly "Oh that was the darkside trying to take you down" Well I didn't like that answer one bit and didn't readily believe that he was correct.But he, with no formal education in the sleep disorder field had a very definite and candid perception of the sort of episode I was referring to.
All I can add is that over time the episodes themselves came to represent something most definitely undesirable to me, to say it was evil, I don't know if I'd go that far, but it was something that I was able to learn to consciously counter, not eliminate, but deal with.
To try and sum it up I did what I could, with my sluggish(as opposed to the sub-conscious) waking mind and reasoned that if it was about good and evil, then good would be what I wanted to will to prevail.

My free advice ,lest I be reprimanded for charging 2cents, is to consider that the most desirable state of being, I would think, would be one in which you were aware, as fully aware, as possible, of life, in yourself and your surroundings.

Having said that, there will always be plenty of good and plenty of evil to go around and no one is going to affect that reality in this existence.

The only ,and ideally sufficient, thing anyone can do on a personal level is to acknowledge both good and evil, but make a descision as to which they hold most affection for, in other words ingoring mr. evil walking by you will not destroy him but choosing not to stop and embrace him or go out of your way to make chit chat will not encourage him. But to live in fear of him gives energy to that side of things simply by dignifying it with that fear.
If you see good-quality evil, acknowledge it, you don't have to cheer it or get it's autograph, simply to acknowledge it will suffice. Not acknowledging it will not make it go away.
Likewise if you do pause and greet goodness when it is overtly apparent then it is nourished with your energy, expended in a positive way-your choice......
One thing I found helpful was to use my waking imagination to generate worst case scenarios for day to day involvments and situations, knowing that I embodied the ability to create a suitably formidable darkness in my own life, and choosing not to, made it more possible to finally tell a dream demon of sorts that I was pretty sure he was a dream, one of mine in fact, and bid him go ahead and exact whatever horror was imminent on me, where upon I would wake up.

It has been a long time since any of that stuff has been going on in my life, but when it did, it was a very serious source of discontent, but also, in a way, it provided new experiences that in retrospect were interesting, exciting and novel as opposed to boring,mundane and tedious.
When I figured out how to initiate sleep paralysis, I never did it again... I don't like that shit.

~nuff said, more than that I suppose. So take away my birthday, there was a time I wanted just to have a chance to talk to others who'd had this happen to them, take care and don't dance with the darkness. but don't fear it either.

I've got it, shine the darkness! ok I'm done~

I lied, I like this little quote from William Saroyan:

In the time of your life, live--so that in that good time there shall be no ugliness or death for yourself or for any life your life touches.

Seek goodness everywhere, and when it is found, bring it out of its hiding-place and let it be free and unashamed.

Place in matter and in flesh the least of the values, for these are the things that hold death and must pass away.

Discover in all things that which shines and is beyond corruption. Encourage virtue in whatever heart it may have been driven into secrecy and sorrow by the shame and terror of the world.

Ignore the obvious, for it is unworthy of the clear eye and the kindly heart. Be the inferior of no man, nor of any man be the superior. Remember that every man is a variation of yourself. No man's guilt is not yours, nor is any man's innocence a thing apart.

Despise evil and ungodliness, but not men of ungodliness or evil.

In the time of your life, live--so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

William Saroyan


k, now I'm done
 #12 
Old 2002-05-20, 01:12
MaTrIXSpiirit MaTrIXSpiirit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: dark presences

YOuR All POssEseD!
 #13 
Old 2002-05-20, 23:47
belarion23 belarion23 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: dark presences

Matrix, why are we all possessed?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics