|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-04-11, 01:08
|
SLANT g Rhythm 
Regular
|
|
|
|
~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
Well does it? Will it ever? Is there anything to ever prove that it does/doesn't exhist? Feedback please people. Then i give my opinion 
|
|
#2
 2002-04-11, 10:36
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
The force manifests itself evident. The force is energy in all things, and this force can be manipulated by very few. It is with this that you move objects at will and play Jedi mind tricks (Telepathy/Telekineses).
[This message has been edited by Dark_Magneto (edited 04-11-2002).]
|
|
#3
 2002-04-12, 19:40
|
CuriousMonky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
Yes the Force exists.
It always has.
As far as I know you can only prove that it exists to your-self. Or use Einsteins E=mc^2.
Actually 'The Force' can be and is minipulated by everyone. Some know it, some don't and some can do more things with it than others.
Telepathy, Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, Empathy, Astral projection, Time travel, Seeing Auras, natural healing such as Chi Kung, Reiki, Accupuncture, Tai Chi, meditation, Reflexology, Cranio Sacral Massage are all aspects of working with 'The Force.'
|
|
#4
 2002-04-14, 04:09
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
There you go with this axiom -How do you prove-
One thing about human nature is, some people will always deny the facts and remain (as one religious text states) "Wise in their own conceits".
What happens if "The Force" is really the true name of what many religions call God?
Nox
|
|
#5
 2002-04-14, 05:28
|
CuriousMonky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
duh
|
|
#6
 2002-04-27, 00:44
|
deptstoremook 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
*wiggles fingers* These are not the droids you're looking for
|
|
#7
 2002-04-28, 06:41
|
SunOptikos 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
quote: Originally posted by SLANT g Rhythm: Well does it?
Will it ever?
Is there anything to ever prove that it does/doesn't exhist?
Feedback please people.
Then i give my opinion 
Your question is amorphous and vague. How does one define "the force" without applying parameters? No person can "prove" anything, since proof is a palliative of the human mind. It can vary from one individual to the next.
|
|
#8
 2002-04-28, 11:25
|
|
Regular
|
|
Basking under my light bulb
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
<<Your question is amorphous and vague. How does one define "the force" without applying parameters?
No person can "prove" anything, since proof is a palliative of the human mind. It can vary from one individual to the next.>>>
Speaking of droids. Are there any humans here??? This guy sounds like spock.
Dont worry sunoptikos, its just it seems some people are trying to sound clever by speaking in ways that people just don't speak.
|
|
#9
 2002-04-28, 21:37
|
RipSlider 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
I know this may lead to a very long answer, but how EXACTLY does the Special theory of relativity, or even the more involved general theory, in any way relate to, or prove the existence of, the force?
RipSlider.
|
|
#10
 2002-05-03, 05:43
|
MR.SMITH 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
quote: Originally posted by Beany: Dont worry sunoptikos, its just it seems some people are trying to sound clever by speaking in ways that people just don't speak.
He actually had a point with what he said, and it is more affective in the way he describes it. Because he didn't use small words and didn't sound like someone off t.v doesn't make him spok, it just means he has good grammar.
|
|
#11
 2002-05-03, 12:24
|
joe1627 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
Of course the force exists.... It comes in many different names and is not always used in the same way. i.e. someone moving an object with their mind, or someone reading the future. Also the force may be something that can be linked to other psychiatric wonders and/or miricles. Don't have much time to talk now....in class and teacher is yelling at me for not doing anything...
Will Post later
BOOOOOONNNNGGGGG!!! Joe~
|
|
#12
 2002-05-08, 03:40
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
I just found out that the head of the Sony corp. (the owner I think? not sure) was realy into this sort of thing, before he died he started to conduct scientific investigations to see if it was real, he had the idea that maybe they would be able to chanel it and creat a new kind of battery, pretty damn funny, is there nothing these fucker wont try and make money from, anyway he pored millions of dollars into the research, got Qi-Gong masters and others to come and do mind over matter and a whole range of other stuff, after he died the people who now run sony shut the experiment down, considering it to be a waste of money, but by the end the scients he employed had confimed that there was infact something like "the force" which people can get intouch with and use, but that they had no way of storing it for use in batteries and the like, I heard this second hand and obviously know little about the details but it's a avenue you might to look at, I think it was published in the sony magazine, not sure when, but I'm sure it'll be one the net some where. Sorry I cant be of more help.
|
|
#13
 2002-05-08, 11:17
|
CuriousMonky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
If your looking for a battery to store this 'force' in it is quite easy to find. It only requires that you stop looking outside your self.
|
|
#14
 2002-05-08, 23:06
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
yeh, thats obvious but I don't think it would fit Sony's criteria, it's more about the fact that theres finaly some conclusive scintific evidence that "Qi" or what ever you want to call it does exist, as I said it wasn't just the half baked attemts we've seen before, he poured huge amounts of money into the experiments, and the scientists did come up with conclusive results
|
|
#15
 2002-05-09, 15:55
|
CuriousMonky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
Right. The reason it doesn't fit Sony's criteria, is because it is an ability that every person has. You can't make money trying to sell something that someone already has. Kids actually have a stronger grasp on it than most adults, although they don't know it because no one is telling them. So they are looking into ways to contain this energy in something 'otherthan'. I think the problem with this is the fact that it is not specificly chemical energy and really can't be stored like a battery. It is always moving and constantly changing vibrations. The vibrations are interacted with by thoughts, feelings and actions. (that I know of) Sit here and think angry. Pay attention to your body and feelings. Do this for only a minute or so. I have noticed that it feels like I, or parts of I, become heavier and slower. Now sit here and think happy thoughts for about another 30 seconds. When doing this I have noticed that I become lighter, more full of energy and more awake. This is just a simple excercise of how your thoughts can change your own vibrations. You may notice that that with 'negative'(for lack of a better word) thoughts, you become heavy, more dense, this is lower vibrations and when you think 'positive' you experience higher vibrations becoming lighter and allowing more energy at higher vibrations to flow freely through. Notice I say through and not 'in' or 'raising the vibrations you contain.' Perhaps this is what it means to become en-lighten-ed.
|
|
#16
 2002-05-14, 02:11
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha
|
|
#17
 2002-05-20, 03:30
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
There has to be somthing for the vibrations to move through though, or vibrate in inorder for us to be to experinece them, for this reason I think that our mind or our body does have it's own particular rate of vibration or a range which will be particular to it, but it would be constanly changing due to inner and outer experiences, this denoting what we will or will not experience in our thought and emotional range at a partidular time, which in turn we can control by us lifting it or letting it drop in order to percieve other gross or subtle vibrations comming from outside or inside of ourselves, when/if we could lift our own vibrations to the highest level this would enable us to pick up on the most subtle levels, inside and outside simultaneously, going beyond our polar universe, or the polar barriers we normaly confrom to, and we would in a sense become one with the most high. I needed to buy some time and I still can't write it as I want to, so in short I agree with Mr. Mokey accept I think that the seat of the most high has it's own and constant vibratory rate, (unless it's beyond vibration, but all the same) our astral bieng has a piont that it hovers around, due to the experiences it has had up until this point, but is constanly changing and our physical bodies the same as the astral, all of these interating with each other and with the vibrations eminating from other bodies in this and other planes, work to create the range and complexity of the thoughts and emotions that we as seperate enities experience and participate in. My times up and I still cant explain the way I wished
|
|
#18
 2002-05-20, 12:58
|
Samuli 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
Hell yes the force exists! Force is all around us, I can prove it!
Wait.. did you mean the force of Star Wars? I didn't. I meant the good old gravitation force, F = ma or F=gravconst * m1 * m2 / r^2!
May the mass * acceleration be with you!
|
|
#19
 2002-05-20, 14:37
|
Axlenemo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
sure it exisists in a weaker way. Remember in episode one you could see it under a microscope in Anakin Skywalker.We can't.
|
|
#20
 2002-05-21, 16:26
|
CuriousMonky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
Great explanation evolve.
I agree with just about everything you said and I am eager to hear more of your thoughts.
"I think that the seat of the most high has it's own and constant vibratory rate, (unless it's beyond vibration, but all the same)" by evolve
This is something that I am going to ponder for awhile. It's an interesting concept, but at the moment I tend to think that the vibration of the 'most high' is what the frequency of the vibrations of every-thing, is combined. It being at a constant... hmmm.. gives me some food for thought.
|
|
#21
 2002-05-23, 04:23
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
This stuff got me thinking about a Neo seeing the matrix code, if you could correctly perceive the vibrational frequency of your surroundings and control or at least influence these vibrations you this could lead us to the willing matter topic, you could take an alchemical shrot cut and turn lead directly into gold and it also opens up the possibility of shape shifting, levitation and all of the rest of this stuff. I know little about this but it might be able to be tied in with sacred numerology, the Cabbalah ect. This is about all I've got, my mind went dry on the subject, but hopefuly be I'll be able to come back to it in a short while.
CuriousMonky, do you here the hmmmm when you meditate? I'm guessing from what I've read that you would, at least bit, meditate that is. Or did you mean just a thoughtful hmmmm?
|
|
#22
 2002-05-25, 01:53
|
CuriousMonky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
quote: Originally posted by evolove: if you could correctly perceive the vibrational frequency of your surroundings and control or at least influence these vibrations you this could lead us to the willing matter topic, you could take an alchemical shrot cut and turn lead directly into gold and it also opens up the possibility of shape shifting, levitation and all of the rest of this stuff.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. They are both related. And their is wisdom to be found their. I can give you another answer you probably already know so here it is, everything is related. If I didn't give it now I could have forgotten the answer I would have gave. Anyhow.. quote: Originally posted by evolove: CuriousMonky, do you here the hmmmm when you meditate? Or did you mean just a thoughtful hmmmm?
Sometimes I do, but it is not thoughtful it is thoughtless. And I experience a vibration in my body/being. Also I can focus these vibrations on specific areas of the body. A great exercise is practicing the Six Healing Sounds. Their is a book that describes this and more by Mantak and Maneewan Chia...let me try to think of a simple one. ok, 'Fusion of the five elements I' Healing Tao Books is the publishing company.no maybe Iron Shirt Chi Kung I would be better to start with, whatever your decision.
|
|
#23
 2002-05-27, 04:09
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
I could decide whether the hmmm in your post was you thinking out loud (hmmm I wonder?) or whether it was the what you discribed, I've read that this is the cosmic vibration (what the Om or Aum mantra is supposed to symbolise) I here it to sometimes but it's more like a high pitched bZZZZZZ, I was thinking about the rainbow light body, if you don't know this is were a persons body is supposed to disolve totaly into light, which they than can then manipulate in size and form, becomming the most subtle form of astral light, or back to "normal" physical make-up, This idea of vibrations also ties in with one version of the Christian Trinity, where the Father is obviously the creative source behind everything, the Son is the fundemental subtance or energy that "creation" is fashioned out of, and the Holy Spirt is the vibration(s) that keep it all together, certainly this is what the Sat, Chit, Ananda, of hinduism is, (notice the similarity with Christ and Chit)
|
|
#24
 2002-06-03, 16:57
|
Axlenemo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
As Scott Cunningham says in "The Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs",everything in life has vibrations of different types even inanimate objects.The atoms are always moving.
|
|
#25
 2002-06-16, 07:55
|
BoomrBillC4 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
quote: Originally posted by Axlenemo: sure it exisists in a weaker way. Remember in episode one you could see it under a microscope in Anakin Skywalker.We can't.
OK GUYS AGAIN STAR WARS IS A MOVIE IT IS NOT OUT THERE THERE IS NO FEDERATION OF PLANETS, QIT SMOKING THAT BAD DIRT WEED AND THINKIN THERES AN INTERPRISE THAT YOU CAN SERVE ABOARD. HELLLOOOO IT'S MAKE BELIEVE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET SOME GOOD CHRONIC FOR A CHANGE
|
|
#26
 2002-07-13, 04:06
|
Dr Know 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
Visit: www.Jediism.org
*Uses telekinesis to type*
|
|
#27
 2002-07-13, 07:39
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
Those of you that are Telekinetic, raise my hand.
[This message has been edited by Dark_Magneto (edited 07-13-2002).]
|
|
#28
 2002-07-13, 20:58
|
Thanos 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
Yes, the Force exists. Its real name is chi.
|
|
#29
 2002-07-29, 21:18
|
fred_nahr 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
Chi, Ki, Prana, it has a lot of names, but it has nothing to do with star wars, some people just dont understand, movies and comic books arent real. Except for spider man, im spiderman, i can prove it, because i can stick to the ground!
|
|
#30
 2002-08-01, 03:45
|
XIPHER 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
i belive in telekenisis, but not da whole object levitaion thing. they'v dun sum experimentz where they placed a subject in a blacked out, sound proofed room and measured brain activity and found da subjectz brain oscilated at about 10 oscilatez per second (or sumtin close to dat), datz pretty much da frequency of sum radioz. i'v herd dat da russianz, or perhapz da germanz did all kindz of experimentz such az this during WWII.
God damn Discovery Channel can b interesting sumtimez.
|
|
#31
 2002-08-01, 05:00
|
quinnifred 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
Yes, it does exsist...and some would claim that "the force" is Brad Pitt.
|
|
#32
 2002-08-02, 01:16
|
CuriousMonky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
quote: Originally posted by RipSlider: I know this may lead to a very long answer, but how EXACTLY does the Special theory of relativity, or even the more involved general theory, in any way relate to, or prove the existence of, the force?
RipSlider.
Energy = mass * velocity of light squared, "The theory also shows a relation between a body's mass and its energy (E equals m times c-squared). This relation has great practical importance in the liberation of the energy in the nucleus of an atom. When energy is liberated from the nucleus of the uranium atom and atoms of other elements are formed, the total mass of these atoms is less than the total mass of the uranium atom. This means that some of the mass of the nucleus of the uranium atom has been transformed into energy. The E equals m times c-squared law shows that the energy in a single uranium nucleus is 220,000,000,000 electronvolts, providing that all its mass could be converted to energy." "The mathematician H. Minkowski gave a mathematical form to the special relativity theory in 1907. A line involves only one dimension. We can locate any point on a sheet of paper by measuring from that point to any two sides of the paper that are perpendicular to each other. Therefore, we can say that any point on a sheet of paper involves two dimensions. All points in space involve three dimensions: height, length, and breadth. But there is one other important fact involved. In physics as well as history we must deal with events. When and where did the French Revolution start, for example? When and where does the earth have the smallest velocity in its movement about the sun? Events must be characterized by four numbers, bringing in the idea of a fourth dimension. Three of these numbers answer the question where; one must answer the question when. Answering the question when involves the idea of time. Then we consider things in terms of four dimensions. This question of answering when and where an event took place becomes more complicated, according to the theory of special relativity, because rods can change their lengths, and clocks change their rhythms, depending on the speed at which they operate when they are in motion. Therefore, we must answer the questions when and where an event took place in terms of a definitely moving system, or in terms of the relationships between two moving systems. For example, if we know when and where an event took place for an observer on our swiftly moving train, and if we know the velocity of the train, we can find out when and where the same event took place for an observer on the ground. The mathematical formulation of the theory of special relativity tells us how to find these four numbers, characterizing an event in one system from an event in another. It tells us that the question when has no absolute meaning, that the answer to the question depends on the system we choose." These quotes are curtesy of http://www.geocities.com/einstein_library/index.htm My understanding is at the moment, "God" or "the Force" is every thing and no thing, every where and no where, Energy being three deminsions and the forth, being Void.
|
|
#33
 2002-08-11, 22:44
|
CuriousMonky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ~~~DOES THE FORCE EXIST?~~~
Rip? You s
Damnit it's cutting me off again.
Are you still around?
[This message has been edited by CuriousMonky (edited 08-12-2002).]
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|