|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-03-31, 18:45
|
|
|
Our Hidden Powers
u know 80% of our brain cells does not work actually some specialists say they retain lost function and paranormal sences that humans lost with much technological developement they think they are responsible for para normal phenomenons what do u think ?
|
|
#2
 2002-03-31, 19:49
|
|
Regular
|
|
Basking under my light bulb
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
The same But i think we can still use them but we need to exercise them
|
|
#3
 2002-04-01, 00:00
|
CuriousMonky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
I agree with Beany.
|
|
#4
 2002-04-01, 03:48
|
rlpinca 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
I hear crap like that all the time. The question that I have is how do they know how much of our brain we actually use? I don't really know of a way they would meaasure it.
|
|
#5
 2002-04-01, 12:09
|
|
Regular
|
|
Basking under my light bulb
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
I know, that 80% stat pisses me off to. I think they need to know shit loads more about how the brain and mind works before they come out with stats like that
|
|
#6
 2002-04-01, 14:39
|
|
Regular
|
|
the happy land of australia
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
i don't think people lost it, they just never figured out how to use it. if people had it then we would have figured it out a long time ago, and people wold have progressed quicker, or something like that.
|
|
#7
 2002-04-01, 17:48
|
The_Famicommie 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
Hmmm...
We lost our abilities? Doesn't this defy the function of evolution. I think that it's more logical to theorize that, as we are still evolving, we are learning to use more of our brains. Kind of like in that sweet book by Abbot, Flatland. As we step up the evolution ladder, we become more intelligent. If you look at the progression of art, literature, etc. this theory makes more sense. Sure,Shakespeare has been dead a while, but James Joyce could kick his puny english ass any day. Just a theory though.
|
|
#8
 2002-04-01, 19:51
|
CuriousMonky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
I think forgot would be a better word than lost. The Chinese were far more advanced in medicine than the West is today. Some of the stuff Western medicine is finding out, the Chinese have known for a long time. The thing is Eastern medicine doesn't rely on technology to prove it. They looked at the body as a whole instead of bits and peices something Western medicine is just beginning to look at. Look at the Pyramids, we can only theorize how they were built but not duplicate it. It must have been common knowledge then because they were built not only in Egypt but also South America, Central America and China I think among various other places. They closest anyone has come to being able to build one is some guy in England I think and it was built out of glass with a steel frame. Where did the technology go that was used to build these structures? Or more recent, What about the guy that built his home completely out of Coral all by himself. He had an entry door that weighs like 10 tons that sits on a steel rod and can be pushed and made to turn very easily by a 5 year old child. When the door became 'old' and repairs were attempted to be made we couldn't get it 'just right' and now the door is harder to push open than before.
|
|
#9
 2002-04-01, 21:38
|
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
Actualy i think that Indian Fakirs know how to use them and use spiritual powers i think that they can also control illusions and time to appear in 2 places at once for intance
|
|
#10
 2002-04-01, 22:22
|
j0662 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
Actually i think that 80% figure comes from the fact that we only ever used 20% of our brains.
The thing is, thats not the whole fact, in reality we never use more than 20% of our brain at any one time.
In total we use a very high proportion of our brain. Its just people get carried away when they hear half truths like that.
|
|
#11
 2002-04-02, 01:51
|
CuriousMonky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
Well thanks Jo662. Prince, I think your right too. At least I have heard stories about it. Like Shri Babaji is supposed to have done it a few times.
|
|
#12
 2002-04-02, 16:04
|
joho 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
What they mean is we in general only use 20% of our potential.In other words people have different skills how ever what would a human be like who had all the skills all the knowelge ect.
|
|
#13
 2002-04-04, 01:02
|
CuriousMonky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
That's easy... Me. LOL
|
|
#14
 2002-04-04, 04:20
|
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
Yeah, I was bout' to come in here and lay down the smack, but j0 beat me to it.
I know I have some mild psychic capabilities because I have predicted shit accurately in the past when I had no way of knowing it or anything about it. I couldn't control it either and I don't ever know when it's gonna happen.
I have also had dreams that have ocurred exactly as I dreamt them. Sometimes I wouldn't realize it until after it happened, and in one case I was recalling a dream and realized an entire year after it happened that came true after I had it.
I had a dream once that I was low crawling through this house at night like I was trying to sneak around, but I had the feeling noone was there, I was trying to sneak around or hide from something. So I went into one of the two bedrooms and by the wall on the door entrance there was a table about 3 feet high and underneath it was a children's lunchbox, like a sesame street or transformers one, a kid's thermos, and a cookie monster looking hand puppet.
I went in closer to look at the puppet, and it popped up and made this "Aooooomn!" sound and ate me whole headfirst and then I awoke. 1 year later I was thinking about that dream and realized that in that dream, the house was an exact replica in the one that I was living in now, and at the time I had the dream I had never seen or known about the house I was currently living in. I had nothing to do with getting the house either because my Mom was the one that did everything because I was only 12 at the time.
Another time I was about to call my friend Gary that lives in Washington that I haven't heard from in 2 years and as soon as I went for the phone it rang and he was on the other end, hadn't contacted him in 2 years and he called at that exact moment.
Telekineses I have no abiliies of whatsoever to the best of my knowledge. I have tried moving shit with my mind for years now at least in a million different methods and can't budge a thing.
Whenever I try to predict something though, it never works. Always happens when I am like in a casual setting, playing a game or something, then I will say something like "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if..." and then it happens.
Once I was walking with my friend John over to his house. He is a real neat freak about his bed and hates anyone else to be on it, and the thought popped into my mind "Hey John, what would you do if you found your sister sleeping on your bed?". So I said it to him as we walked into the door of his house and he said "That's impossible, she's in Pennsylvania, been there for the past 3 years.".
And then as we checked our shoes at the door, walked in, and entered the bedroom, there she was sleeping in his bed, came down to visit and wanted to suprise John but she was really tired after the flight so she crashed in his bedroom.
John was like ":O How the hell?!? Did you know she was coming?". And I replied "Whoa. No man, I had absolutely no idea". So I do believe that we use a limited portion of our brains, but we only use certain portions at once. The brain has higher recesses that are dormant and can be accessed by certain individuals that enable them to do things that the others cannot.
The brain is a complex thing, we are just now beginning to understand the true nature of the brain, and even then it is only the tip of the iceberg.
|
|
#15
 2002-04-04, 17:00
|
chase161 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
Actually that "fact about using only 20% of our brains is bullshit. We use 100% of our brains otherwise they would not be so big. And this paranormal sense thing, I don't know about that, but every body does not have the potential to acquire or learn how to use or master or what ever.
|
|
#16
 2002-04-05, 00:29
|
|
|
Re: Our Hidden Powers
We don't use all our brain functions at the same time. The brain is it's current size because different info is stored in different sectors, then that area is accessed whenever needed.
If we could use our brains to our full potentialm, we could have 2 conversations simultaneously while performing mathematical calculations while doing a dexterous activity in both hands, each separate from each other, etc. We can't utilize all of our aspects simultaneously because the brain overflows with all the activity and you get a stack dump.
You can upgrade your ram though by constantly using your brain in all its aspects and honing it like a precision instrument.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|