About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-03-31, 07:44
SunOptikos SunOptikos is offline
Regular
 
Default Telekenesis

Howdy,

I just stopped in-being a new poster here- and noticed Telekenesis was mispelled.

I hope this helps.

There is much that must be conveyed and assimilated in order to initiate an increase in everyone's vibratory field patterning!

[This message has been edited by SunOptikos (edited 03-31-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-03-31, 18:13
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

Agreed. Thank you and welcome to Totse.
 #3 
Old 2002-04-01, 05:41
dood44 dood44 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

I didn't think I had spelled that right
Thanks
 #4 
Old 2002-04-01, 10:04
SunOptikos SunOptikos is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

quote:
Originally posted by CuriousMonky:
Agreed. Thank you and welcome to Totse.


Darn! I hope that I put the right Icon here.

I'm embarrased by a error in hitting the wrong button [instead of Post Reply, pressed Post New Topic].

I actually intended to press Post Reply button, but I suffer from nerve damage.

My apologies to you and dood44. I'll try to avoid that in the future.

[This message has been edited by SunOptikos (edited 04-01-2002).]
 #5 
Old 2002-04-01, 10:20
SunOptikos SunOptikos is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

quote:
Originally posted by dood44:
I didn't think I had spelled that right
Thanks



Hey not a problem, and besides in my reply to CuriousMonky Iindicated that I pressed the wrong button starting a new topic for this, argh!
 #6 
Old 2002-04-20, 19:11
Originator Originator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

acutally it is Telekinesis, tele is latin for "mind/thought" and kinesis is latin for "movement"

[This message has been edited by Originator (edited 04-20-2002).]
 #7 
Old 2002-04-21, 05:35
SunOptikos SunOptikos is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

quote:
Originally posted by Originator:
acutally it is Telekinesis, tele is latin for "mind/thought" and kinesis is latin for "movement"

[This message has been edited by Originator (edited 04-20-2002).]



Well, you're both right and wrong.
You're right in that it is telekinesis, and wrong in that it originates from the Latin....

Tele, from the Greek far off, from tele<IE base kwel-, distant, remote> Welsh, pell, distant]] at, over, from, or to a distance + Gr, kinesis, motion< kinein, to move....
 #8 
Old 2002-04-21, 05:39
Originator Originator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

My mistake, ah well, got it across at least
 #9 
Old 2002-04-28, 03:16
SunOptikos SunOptikos is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

quote:
Originally posted by Originator:
My mistake, ah well, got it across at least



Wait a minute Originator, don't be so hard on yourself.

I don't consider your reply as being a mistake. After all, you did finger Latin as(one of) a correct source.

You were along the right track.

It's strange when mulled on, but why is Greek considered a primary root source for tracing from Latin->English?

Ahhh sorry, just musing about archaic stuff......

[This message has been edited by SunOptikos (edited 04-28-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-04-28, 04:50
Regular
 
Basking under my light bulb
Default Re: Telekenesis

Your all such polite nice people
 #11 
Old 2002-04-28, 11:05
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

why did you spell it wrong in your first post but not the rest?

*telekinesis*
 #12 
Old 2002-04-30, 04:30
DoPesTeR-DaZe DoPesTeR-DaZe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

quote:
Originally posted by CuriousMonky:
Agreed. Thank you and welcome to Totse.


LOL, ive never seen a newbie welcome a newbie before...
 #13 
Old 2002-04-30, 19:15
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

lets not start the newbie crap

Quality not Quantity
 #14 
Old 2002-05-21, 00:18
MaTrIXSpiirit MaTrIXSpiirit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

I just read that book "The Catcher in the Rye" and the word "Phonies" comes into my mind.
 #15 
Old 2002-05-21, 04:48
SunOptikos SunOptikos is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

quote:
Originally posted by Bogey Man:
why did you spell it wrong in your first post but not the rest?

*telekinesis*




Bogey,

I'm unclear as to whom you're asking.
I'll assume the question was meant for me.

It's because of permanent neural damage that an e was transposed in place of an i. And that's the name of that tune.....
 #16 
Old 2002-05-21, 05:03
SunOptikos SunOptikos is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

quote:
Originally posted by MaTrIXSpiirit:
I just read that book "The Catcher in the Rye" and the word "Phonies" comes into my mind.



Yeah you read the book, so what's your point???

phonies???

*accusation?

*assumption?

*observation?

*Or merely an amusing whimsy having nothing to do with the topic here?
 #17 
Old 2002-05-21, 14:48
biot biot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

what the fuck is wrong you people?
 #18 
Old 2002-05-24, 05:10
SunOptikos SunOptikos is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Telekenesis

quote:
Originally posted by biot:
what the fuck is wrong you people?



What the fuck is a biot?

Hey maggot, do you know how to edit posts?

[This message has been edited by SunOptikos (edited 05-24-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics