About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-13, 03:38
dood44 dood44 is offline
Regular
 
Default Dreams coming true?

Any of you guys ever had a dream and later on it actualy came true?
 #2 
Old 2002-02-13, 03:42
solo solo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

no
 #3 
Old 2002-02-13, 06:03
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

yes many times as well as visions but they have gotten less frequent as i have become older.
 #4 
Old 2002-02-13, 08:50
Regular
 
Basking under my light bulb
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

Well i had a dream that my light bulb smashed.
When i got outa bed i turned it on and it was ok. Then i went into the bathroom turned that light on. And then the fuse popped out downstairs causing all the lights to go off.

Beany
 #5 
Old 2002-02-13, 19:22
Rustysickle Rustysickle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

I am not sure if I have dreams that come true. I think my case is just De javu. I go do something and it feels like I just did it somewhere before in a dream.
 #6 
Old 2002-02-23, 01:29
LostCause1 LostCause1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

I have. I had a nightmare that I killed an infant once. It was wierd. I wrote a short story about it and it got rejected by every publishing agency I tried. It was really fucked up I guess.

And then it came true.

Cheers,
Lost
 #7 
Old 2002-02-23, 05:38
t0ne t0ne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

Yes, daydreaming I have experienced it many o' times, although I'm not certain if it was coming true or just deja vu...
 #8 
Old 2002-02-28, 18:30
devious&dusted devious&dusted is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

hey you're dutch too!
quote:
Originally posted by dood44:
Any of you guys ever had a dream and later on it actualy came true?


 #9 
Old 2002-03-09, 01:50
hannahmanson666 hannahmanson666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

It has happened to me many times...

once i dreamed my cat got run over... next day dead cat

once i dreamed my dad got blown up... about a week later the whole septemeber 11th thing happened (thankfully my dads trip to america had been cancelled)

and once i dreamed my mum's friend died then she had a heart attack and died in hospital.

I swear this is true

 #10 
Old 2002-03-09, 05:12
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

Yeah, i have had dreams that happened, but never anything major. One example is i dreamed i saw the letter "Q" spray-painted at school. The next day it was there. I think i must have overheard someone talking about it the previous day, but not remembering it conciously, i remembered it in a dream.
(by the way, the "Q" has a meaning at my school, it's not just random)
 #11 
Old 2002-03-10, 10:12
Sgt. Baker Sgt. Baker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

I dreamed about about a meteor shower one night. The next night was the Leonid meteor shower. I hadn't heard anything about it till I woke up that morning. I dreamed a time and woke up shortly after, looked at the clock and it was that time. It was 6:33. The time thing actually happens quite often. The 6:33 was the first time I can recall it happening. Part of one of my dreams involved seeing a decomposing snake carcass. I came upon a dead snake the next day in my back yard. In one dream I couldn't get my car in gear, the clutch started crapping out on me the next day. I broke my car window in another dream, I put my hand against it in the dream and broke right through. I put my hand through my miata's back plastic window the next morning.(it was winter and I was clearing snow off it, plastic window is incredibly brittle in cold) Shit like that happens to me all the time. My GF swears I'm psychic because it happens so often.
 #12 
Old 2002-03-11, 16:53
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

One possible explanation of Deja Vu is the desire of a young man to look at naked women.

Now, if were talking feeling deja vu, one must take into consideration the "Quantum Hussy Theory" developed by Schrodinger. Basicaly, the universe tries out all possible outcomes of a situation simultaneously and then settles on the solution it "likes" the most, thought to be the most probable outcome. This spreads iver time and space, making everything really confusing.

The moment when the universe decides is called "The Collapse of a Wave Function" if I'm correct. This is also a Shcrodinger theory, and it stems from his wave function formula. Nobody has any clue as to what happens when the universe decides. It's like the zombie cat in the box, that is how I think that the moment is described. All possibilities exist until the end result is observed.

This theory is supported by the fact that when an elctron is gained by an atom, it exists at the same time in all energy levels before it picks a winner.

It is proposed that a feeling of deja vu hits us when we recall the faint tracings in our brain left over from these moments of universe decision. You met this person, but that's not how the universe decided to due it and some small remembrace is left in your memory and you swear you met them. It's like the gum left on your shoes after you walk, in a way. You don't know it's there, but it is.
 #13 
Old 2002-03-11, 16:56
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

Baker, it sounds to me like those are things that you're subconcious may have noted over someone else's radio, or observed without you paying attention. When your subconcious lets you know in your sleep, you don't remember hearing about it.
 #14 
Old 2002-03-27, 18:57
FenderW258 FenderW258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

What happens to me, is I don't remember having a dream about something...but then sometimes...I remember something like it had happend before...or if it was in a dream...I thought I was crazy until I saw this post
 #15 
Old 2002-03-27, 20:58
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

Ach, I like my explanation in the other topic better.
 #16 
Old 2002-04-06, 01:19
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

This is kinda related, but I have several memories of events that happened about 15 to 20 years ago; except that I can't be sure if they are real or not. They are either things that I did while heavily under the influence, or it was a dream. No matter how hard I concentrate I can't tell which. I've even asked some friends [who appear in the memories] and they are no help.

Like I said, that is only kinda related to the topic.

Closer to it, yet is this other thing that happened a few years back.

Due to various things relating to the bone disease in my spine, I don't get very good sleep; and haven't for years, which means I either don't get to the dream stage often. Or, if I do get there, I am so deeply in it that I don't often even know that I had dreamed upon waking up, let alone remember what I had dreamed.
Sometimes, though, the gods of sleep & pain look kindly on me and I do dream [well, I remember them I mean]. When I do recall a dream it sticks out and stays with me for quite some time. I've been able to use a couple as the basis for songs. I also have a few that, while I wouldn't really consider them recurring, they do have certain aspects which form a sort of basis of continuity - for example: there is one which has this particular cemetery [and to a lesser extent, the accompanying mortuary] as the basic setting. Now it's not a scary dream or gory or anything [I was a mortician at one point in my life, so it's not all that surprising. Many people regularly have their dreams set in work or other well known environments]. Anyway, it's not that the cemetery looks exactly the same each dream, but there are certain features that I can count on being there. It's kinda weird; I've had many dreams set there.
I've kinda got off the point I was going for, whoops. However, while I am here on the subject of dream mortuaries and stuff, there is one other dream I want to share here: I may not get another chance.
This one was set in the same mortuary that I worked in [this dream occurred while I was still a mortician there]. In it I had walked into the prep room [the embalming room]. In the prep room my Don [my Boss] was embalming an old lady. For a bit I just stood and watched: as I had done many times in real life. Soon, though, I realize that the lady being embalmed was having a conversation with my boss. Seeing the puzzled look on my face, the lady stopped talking to Don, looked over to me and said "Oh, I'll bet you've never seen this happen, have you?" I told her that I hadn't, but I knew that it could happen [That, I'm certain, had been related to the fact that in real life I had recently had my first experience in seeing a body sit straight up during a cremation: something I had been told could happen yet hadn't seen for myself...Sorry for the further side tracking - Can you tell I've been off my lithium and not slept in 3 1/2 days?].
Ok, so this dead lady is looking at me and talking, and I'm just taking it as if it was the most natural and expected thing in the world. I don't recall much of what was said, except for the last bit - At some point I had asked her where she was from . She said: Italy. I then said "Really? What part?" Her reply: "All of me".... Well I thought it was pretty funny; not to mention a unique joke, as far as I know.
Ok, so maybe that wasn't worth the space that I took to write, I'll get to the thing I wanted to say to begin with [Now you can see why I don't contribute much here when my bi-polar is in full swing].

Ok, here it is: About 4 or 5 years ago I had this dream that I had only partially remembered. And that part that I did remember was this pool. It was kinda like an indoors pool, but more like in a cave; still a man made pool, but in a cavern type setting. The water in this pool was a deep, deep royal blue. and I remember the layout of the cavern it was in; all the exits, hallways, and what not, along with a bunch of other tiny details that I need not list here. Outside of the fact that I had remembered so much detail about it wasn't really surprising to me; like I said, on those few occasions that I do [recall] dreaming, it usually is something vivid. Other than that, though, there really wasn't anything special about that dream to make me write all of this. Until sometime back in 2000, that is. At that time I was staying with a couple of friends, one of which was [and still is] very much into video games. Now he knew that I didn't have much interest in them so he usually never mentioned them to me. One day, however, he called out from his room and said that I had to check out this new game he had brought home [I don't remember which game it was]. So I went in to check it out. When I got there there, on the TV screen, was the same damn pool that I had dreamed. I mean, I know that the one I saw was animation, but it didn't matter; it was real enough. It was exactly as it was in my dream, right down to the color of the water - all of the hallways and exits - everything. Needless to say I just stood there and stared for a few before I could even tell my friend what had happened. He thought it was really no big thing, but to me it was - and still is - one of those Twilight Zone moments of life.

So, that's it. Too much build up for such little substance, isn't it?

I'll go now. My bad.
 #17 
Old 2002-04-08, 00:09
Sweet Victory Sweet Victory is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dreams coming true?

I used to have a reaccuring nightmare that i was being chased by a wolf (or dog sometimes) on my way home and just when its about to bite my ankles, i close the door on it/wake up. About 2 or 3 years ago I was going for a walk around my block at night with my headphones on and i heard fast rustling through the trees next to me and a dog came out and chased me. The whole time I was convinced that any second I would wake up..it was so weird. I didn't though, and the dog bit my ankle.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics