About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-08-27, 23:41
sunshinedays sunshinedays is offline
Regular
 
Default human electricity

I got an electric shock about 4 years ago. Stood in a pool of water and turned washing machine off. It knocked me over but I felt fine after. However I get electric shocks all the time and really sense static electricity around electrical equipment. Also light bulbs are liklely to go when I use the switch. Am I over imaginative? Does anyone have any info. on this? Thanks.
 #2 
Old 2001-08-28, 06:18
obscure obscure is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: human electricity

Your nuts. I got shocked by the outlet about 6 times and by flyback 2wice. I get static all the time who doesnt? Some people have a better conductivity then others. Fatter peole can absorb more electycity and have better grounding lol. Maybe your 500 lb. Anywhays i dunno if anyone knows anything on that. That is really unpopular and its not a big issue so no scientists or doctors care to research on it. Like if you were able to power a lightbulb by touching it then you could consider that major. but one little shock does not do aything.
 #3 
Old 2001-08-28, 17:30
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: human electricity

God, i've been shocked by mains a few times (all part of the job) and boy it hurts. For about a week after my head kept going blank, and i couldn't remember what i was doing for a couple of seconds. After a while i started feeling fine, once the nymbness had gone of course.

Maybe the shock just triggered off something in your mind that notices electricity a bit more because of this. Maybe your brain has evolved. Shock an animal a few times and it learns to stay away. Well same principle here dude.


[This message has been edited by preying mantis (edited 08-28-2001).]
 #4 
Old 2001-08-28, 18:00
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: human electricity

LOL.. i dont know about you guys. But I got shocked by a 220 connection. i think it stopped my heart before i hit the ground and restarted it. very painful. I try and not to get shocked anymore. You would think after getting shocked once that that would be enough. but 6 times?> hello!

And to answer your question.. You are just more conscience about it now. Its like me with earthquakes. I sense them real easy. I always seem to be the first person in the room to sense them. Maybe it had something to do with the light fixture that smacked me in the head during the loma prieta quake of 1989 in San Francisco.

But i will say this. I have had some bizzare electrical things happen. Like touching a 500 dollar German crystal candy dish that exploded into a million pieces. Yah my wife wasnt too happy about that one. but then again it was pearched up on my Roland keyboard so im sure it was the circuit board that helped.
 #5 
Old 2001-08-28, 19:36
obscure obscure is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: human electricity

Wow pretty cool. I shattered glass like that before. But it was because the glass was hot from the dishwasher and my hands were cold fromt the water. Its fun. You just touch a dish an poof glass is everywhere that is so awesome. Oh as for me 6 times? Its nothing i like to work with electrycity and mess around with flybacks and big capacitors. Lets see once i had a skinny screw driver and i almost touched a charged capcitor by accident almost i was lucky, because after discharging it with my screwdriver my little flat head 4 mm thick screwdriver blew to pieces. in half actually. Then I could smell ozone from the spark. Now that is dangerous.
 #6 
Old 2001-08-28, 22:54
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: human electricity

Three phase is best!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics