About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-06-03, 22:58
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Dying In Your Dreams

I've been told that it's impossible to die in your dreams, however I have died a total of four times in my dreams. I can remember the moments before death, dying, and then hovering over my body. Once I actually saw the white light.

The first time I was riding a horse and fell off and broke my neck. Instantly, I was looking down at my body and I remember saying to myself

"This isn't so bad."

The second time I was in a car accident where my family had left the car and it exploded. Again, I remember the heat and the sting and then I remember standing with my family and watching myself burning in the car, but my family couldn't see me. At that moment I actually remembered the other death dream. Then is became an astroprojectile dream where I flew up to Heaven, but I never made it. A voice told me I wasn't allowed into Heaven.

The third time I drowned and was at the bottom of a pool with several sharks, but the sharks weren't eating me. I remember choking and then feeling very empty and saying to myself

"I'm fine with this."

And the fourth time I was shot in the head. It felt like I was punched in the back of the head and then I fell over, on the concrete, and gasped a little before I died.

Is this normal? Can you really die in your dreams? And, if you can, is it really dying? I mean, did I actually die and come back?

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2001-06-06, 02:39
lostandconfused lostandconfused is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

FUCK!!!

I thought I had problems!

Damn you just made me feel way better

:-)
 #3 
Old 2001-06-06, 03:42
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

I hear that if you die in your dreams you Do actually die because your mind thinks you have died and therefore you have. Those who die in their dreams never wake.

In your dreams however, is it possible that you never actually died 1st person? I also read that it is no big deal to watch yourself die, but to actually be yourself at the time is bad.

This theory is easy to promote as you could claim that your mindset changed the *instant* before you died and therefore you never died as yourself.

Get it?

Mostly noone knows what dying is like, so how would you know if you experienced it?


...... ... .. .... .uh oh...
 #4 
Old 2001-06-06, 08:33
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

I've died. It happens. Dunno about the Freudian explaination of it. Maybe you just don't feel like you're living when you're awake?
 #5 
Old 2001-06-06, 14:48
GHETTO_SMURF GHETTO_SMURF is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

could it be your mind just showing you and helping you understand that death won't be as bad as some paranoid people think and that when it is done and over with, you will have another 'home'?

------------------
------------------
ok...if you say so
------------------
for informational purposes only
http://spudszilla.cjb.net
 #6 
Old 2001-06-06, 18:42
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

But, did I really die? Does dying in your dreams constitute as an actual death?

Cheers,
Lost
 #7 
Old 2001-06-06, 20:39
nightwulf nightwulf is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

It happens to me often that I 'die' in my dreams,
but I wake up instantly at the moment of death.
The dreams, however, are shocking realistic.
Lately I dreamt that I dropped a sphere I was supposed to deliver to someone (I don't
remember, only that it was very important to them)
As the sphere hit the floor, (it was in a big dark
wooden building) purple smoke spread out
everywhere.
I knew that I've done a fatal mistake.
Then a witch appeared, she was beautiful but
very angry, and she yelled at me:
YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS! A moment of silence followed,
the smoke disappeared, then she waved her hand,
I felt - it was a dream, but I felt a sudden pain
in my chest, and the room, the walls, everything
was covered with blood and the witch laughed.
Then I woke up, and realized I was out of air
because I had my nose on my pillow.
The white light never appeared in my dreams,
only once when I 'smoked' dope:
First I let all air out of my lungs,
then inhaled as deep as I could.
I hold my breath until I could no more - in fact,
almost two and a half minutes. Soon after I exhaled,
I felt like something pulled me out of my body,
I could see myself on the back seat of the car,
then I was pulled away faster and faster, and soon
everything was black. I believe my spirit was in space,
though I didn't notice how it left earth.
Maybe it was because I was moving so ultra-fast.
Then I saw what was pulling me away: An enormous
white light at the brink of the universe.
Instantly, the thought came to me that this was
the light of death that many people have seen,
and that it surrounded the whole universe.
I was very curious of what it truly was, but
was afraid there would be no way back once I entered.
Have to do this again sometime!
 #8 
Old 2001-06-06, 23:32
Paco de Niro Paco de Niro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

They say that the reason some people die in real life when they die in dreams is due to your heart beating so fast it just stops....sort of a heart attack.....your subconcience is telling your brain that you are going to die and your adrenaline starts pumping out of control........There you have it...
 #9 
Old 2001-06-07, 08:09
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

Yeah, I don't think you really died.

Although, you may have gone inward and touched upon the land of the hidden Iman.
 #10 
Old 2001-06-11, 23:41
[C][R][U][S][T] [C][R][U][S][T] is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

Ive died quite a lot in my dreams. I don't tend to remember my dreams, but I do remember a few.

1)I was running away from a few guys who had guns. I cut through someone's yard, and they shot me in the back of the head while i was running. I stumbled and fell into a swimming pool where I died. The feeling was kind of relaxing.

2) I was driving a motor boat really fast across a lake, then suddenly a massive tentacle shot out of the water, wrapped itself around my boat a few times, then pulled the boat to the bottom of the ocean VERY rapidly. I could feel the feeling in my stomach like the feeling you get on cool rides at the amusement park... I woke up in bed gasping for breath, soaked in sweat.

I kind of forget other deaths, but I die probably at least once a week. I always wake up after dying. These dreams usually occur at like 4am. I usually have the best dreams right before I wake up in the morning.
 #11 
Old 2001-06-15, 23:50
Droog13 Droog13 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

Yeah, I've never heard of someone actually dying in real life from a dream unless they were old and had a heart attack as a result from a nightmare. I'm pretty sure it's a myth, that whole "If you have a dream when ur falling and u hit ground you die in real life" spiel.

I die all the time in dreams, and it's a surprisingly peaceful experience.
 #12 
Old 2001-06-16, 07:39
EliteboY EliteboY is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

damn thats so crazy. i wish i had those because it would prolly give me a new look on life or something crazy.
 #13 
Old 2001-06-18, 07:44
kraelon kraelon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

yeah you died, im sure of it, as a matter of fact you are still fucking dead.. or should be for asking such a stupid fucking question you idiot..
 #14 
Old 2001-06-18, 08:03
sedqon sedqon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

God just wants to be ready for him to kill u in one of those four ways. Good luck!

------------------
i cant belive i'm supposed to SAVE you people.
 #15 
Old 2001-06-18, 08:04
kraelon kraelon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

I CANT GET OVER HOW DUMB YOU ARE!!
 #16 
Old 2001-06-18, 18:28
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

All caps are lame, Son.

And this isn't about death as in your body siezes to work. This is about death as in your spirit leaves your body and returns, moron.

Go fuck a sheep or something. That seems like something that would be more on your level.

Cheers,
Lost
 #17 
Old 2001-06-18, 22:31
kraelon kraelon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

oh i am sorry did i hurt your poor little feelings? such harsh words "fuck" they make me feel unsettled, i feel bad that i insulted you i was just kidding aroudn so you go fuck a sheep. anyways, i dont believe in such nonsense as the spirit leaving your body .
 #18 
Old 2001-06-18, 23:17
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it's not true. People thought the Earth was flat and called those who thought it was round idiots. They said that was nonsense.

But, may be you just don't read your history.

Cheers,
Lost
 #19 
Old 2001-06-19, 00:08
kraelon kraelon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

yeah i dont read much history,i find little use on dwelling in teh past, but anyways i see your point, and i was not trying to make any kind of rational point when i said that i was just fucking aroudn but .... hmm iono i'll go and look up about the dream thing.
 #20 
Old 2001-06-19, 00:58
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

Ok. But, you must know that history repeats itself. That's why it's so important to learn it.

Cheers,
Lost
 #21 
Old 2001-06-24, 10:44
DoPesTeR-DaZe DoPesTeR-DaZe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

i got shot in the head once in my dream, then i woke up and banged my head on the backpiece thingi, the head thing on my bed!
isnt that strange
it always happens to me stuf like that im dreaming aobut something like falling over and i'll wake up adn fall off my bed!
Another freaky dream that happens often is that one where i feel like im falling downa great distance realy quickly and i wake suddenly

wierd!
 #22 
Old 2001-06-25, 01:53
PooPunker PooPunker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

Has Anyone else been in a dream with physical contact and felt it (fighting, sex, death,ect.) and Then had mrks from it? I had a few bruises once when I had a dream where me and some friends where messing around in a fast car ad it rolled over, I put my arms up and hit my arms on the top of the car hard and the next morning had bruises on my arm.

The Mind is a scary thing


------------------
if You kill a man your a murderer, if you kill a army Your a conquerer, So kill the lights
 #23 
Old 2001-06-25, 07:36
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

...are condemned to...

(never say anything intelligent?)


PooP., You probably were rolling around in bed and hit your arms on the bedstand or something. Even if your mind truly believed you were injured, it wouldn't burst a blood vessal and then flood the area in your arm with water. The average human being's brain can't cause its own blood vessals to burst where it thinks it just got injured. Why?

[This message has been edited by -=-goatboy-=- (edited 06-25-2001).]
 #24 
Old 2001-06-26, 00:35
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

You're probably right, goat. But, never underestimate the power of the mind.

Cheers,
Lost
 #25 
Old 2001-06-27, 06:40
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dying In Your Dreams

Oh, I believe the mind can do some fantastic things, its 'our' connection with reality and our nexus of control. Really without it, even your own body is a foreign uncontrollable object. Who says it can't bend other things to its will besides those attached by flesh? for that matter, who says it is confined to the three dimensions we can currently sense? whoa I impressed myself.

Anyway, Poop, don't take this too seriously or offensively, but I think you've watched the Matrix one too many times. And that's hard to do, I've seen it at least 20. (Blame PPV's all day pass)
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics