About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-05-02, 03:48
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

I'm rather close to my pop. We're born on the same birthday, within the same hour, so we have the same exact signs. He's a "spiritual healer" and he always knows the craziest things. Everyone he meets is always in total awe of him because he knows just about everything from all religions to astroprojection to "surfing" dimensions.

He's done about every drug in the book and has lived in the Tibetan Mountains and Calcuta India, etc... He's a real headjob.

Anyways, we were talking last night (always an interesting experience) and somewhere along the line he mentioned that people only dream and remember in black and white except for rare occassions and those who do dream and remember in colour are psychopaths.

When I told him that I only dream in colour and remember in colour, he didn't believe me at first. Then he said he wouldn't be surprised because: "You are my daughter." He has three nicknames: Married Man, The Lord, and Flipo... This should give you an idea of what that means.

I asked him if he could remember what my mum was wearing on their wedding day: (a purple mini skirt, brown tasseled cowboy boots, black leggings, and a creme coloured turtleneck). He just said a mini skit, boots, and a turtleneck and couldn't remember any of the colours.

I have a hard time doubting him when he's always so right about things like this.

Is this true? I am I a psychopath? Or is he just wrong as Hell?

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2001-05-02, 22:26
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

i dream in color.

make your own judgement.

at your own risk.
 #3 
Old 2001-05-02, 23:03
j0662 j0662 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

i also remember my dreams in colour
 #4 
Old 2001-05-03, 20:15
WoodyWoodpecker WoodyWoodpecker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

I dream in colour but im not sure how many times but im not a phychopath but if i was one i would say that im not so to be honest i dont know if im one or not. How does one define a phychopath.
 #5 
Old 2001-05-03, 22:34
Student_Zer0 Student_Zer0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

Alright, here it is. Doesnt mean your a phsycopath. Most people dream in black and white and remeber in black and white. Some people normally dream/remember colorlessly, but in some dreams(or memories) they see color and it is a very significant thing, and then there are the rare few who always see colors in dreams and memories, I see color....
 #6 
Old 2001-05-04, 01:30
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

rare few?

right here alone it's 4 for 4 for color.

you'd think 1 black and white dreamer would drop in here.
 #7 
Old 2001-05-04, 02:21
JCX JCX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

make that 5 for 5...
 #8 
Old 2001-05-04, 03:20
VREK VREK is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

Make that 6:1.
I feel lonely :-(
 #9 
Old 2001-05-04, 07:08
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

Since I had the compression software installed I only see in binary.

Before the operation, I remember seeing, hearing, smelling, and touching in color. But I was always very visually directed.
 #10 
Old 2001-05-06, 04:05
FuCken-Idjiat FuCken-Idjiat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

i dream and remember and think in color, and i can't understand how a lot of people don't?
 #11 
Old 2001-05-07, 03:28
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

You may remember your dreams in color, but does that mean you dreampt in color? Can you name specific instances of color in a dream or did you just "filter" color in where it belongs. Have you ever seen an american flag with the wrong colors in your dreams??? Or else some other "only one way to color it" object.
 #12 
Old 2001-05-07, 23:32
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

Yea, I actually, (remember these are dreams) I remember an arrow pointing to my left and the arrow was half red and half blue.

In a dream I had about two months ago I remember a pair of golden sissors. I was with friends and I looked up at the sky and I noted on how grey it was.

Also, I had another dream where I remember a room with green velvet curtains and red carpet. There was a brown bear rug.

These are just specifics. I could name other things, like this one time when I "flew" out the window of an orange stucco house and there was a sunset.

Then another time when I was walking down a road to where there was a fork in the road and the sun was setting and the sky was lavendar. I could go on forever. And those are just off the top of my head.

Cheers,
Lost
 #13 
Old 2001-05-08, 02:43
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

goatboy,

do you ever experience your dreams; or just remember them.

and even if you did just remember them in color; does that mean it didn't happen that way; how could you prove otherwise?
 #14 
Old 2001-05-12, 10:18
NGNeer NGNeer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

I dream in color, I remember in color, I even associate different sounds, smells, and numbers with different colors. My entire Operating System is visually based.

As for whether I'm a psychopath, my answer would be a resounding MAYBE!
 #15 
Old 2001-05-12, 20:46
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

get different colored lightbulbs and sit in a room trying each color. the room should be white so you get the full effect of each one. notice how each light
can alter your mood sensation. then which ever is the most pleasing you should use that color for mood theropy.

or maybe im just fucking nuts.

[This message has been edited by White Witch (edited 05-12-2001).]
 #16 
Old 2001-05-14, 01:41
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

I'd say that deciding him to be a "headjob" is a pretty safe assumption at the time being...
 #17 
Old 2001-05-18, 17:12
theshadowofdeath theshadowofdeath is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

i see my dreams in colour like i had this dream 2 nights ago where i was in the middle of the forest at my farm cos i knew where i was i walked i little farther and saw 3 of my hunting dogs by this big hole walked up to the hole and a lion or tiger jumped out it was fast gave my the shits 2 of my dogs bailed it up by this cliff my fave dog kept barking i looked in the hole and this thing similer to the last jumps out slashes the dogs throat of my fave dog then rips the back end of one of my other dog then i woke up shivering in a cold sweat and no i didnt wet the bed then i couldnt sleep for ages

oh well bye
 #18 
Old 2001-05-21, 01:14
Diluted Diluted is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

Dreams, you say? Read MY dream experience... here: http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum5/HTML/001035.html

Trust me, It was very living color.
 #19 
Old 2001-05-21, 11:14
Ancisace Ancisace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

I havent remembered a dream that I have had for over two years. I probably do still dream, but I never remeber having one...
When I as younger, I used to have a "dream world". There were several locations. There was a compacted, altered version of the roads and countryside around my town. There was a strange amusement park, which had a huge metallic thing in the background (in my dreams I never went near it, but it dominated the skyline), shaped like an ocarina with the part you blow into stuck into the ground and there was a small sunny island, which was always fun.
this dreamworld was always constant. If a road lead to a particular place, it always lead there. There was always the same stalls in the covered market in the fairground.
Maybe I am a psycho. I dont really care...
 #20 
Old 2001-05-25, 05:50
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

I experienced a dream once. My elusive chase for the lucid dream has been rather unsuccessful as of late. Usually I just remember them. That kinda reflects my life though. I remember what I did, I often remember my life by my memories of the memory. Get it? Like I remember once when I remembered stuff. It leads to complications and i'm sure a lot of the shit never happened that I remember. Although I'm sure it did.

damn
 #21 
Old 2001-05-31, 02:55
seraphZero seraphZero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

Yeah. My people, has any one gone and looked this up? Now don't quote me because I tend to be sitting on top of my desk writing and drawing during my psychology class and I slept for most of biology,despite it being one of my favorite subjects(enough rabling here already!) But in both classes and through my experiences We dream in color if we see in color. So if you see colorful dreams, your doing a good job at not being a phycopath.... and even if that wasnt normal, it wouldn't make you a psychopath. Drugs, sheesh! make people think dem crazy thoughts.
 #22 
Old 2001-05-31, 04:28
GHETTO_SMURF GHETTO_SMURF is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

i have no recolection of a black and white dream...is there something wrong with me?

------------------
------------------
ok...if you say so
------------------
for informational purposes only
http://spudszilla.cjb.net
 #23 
Old 2001-06-06, 14:58
XavierTheGreat XavierTheGreat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

my dreams are weird i dream in black, white, and orange. but i remember in color

------------------
once your on the road of life... well sucks for you

tomorrow will be as far as 24 hours away or less then a second from our grasp

which came first, the Mac or the wheel?

if we shadows have offended,
think but this,
and all is mended that you have but slumber'd here
while these visions did appear
 #24 
Old 2001-06-18, 07:49
kraelon kraelon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

your question was intriquing so i looked it up.... turns out your pops was kinda right. it is the exact opposite now i got this from an encarty encyclopedia so i'm assuming its hightly relevant. so u r not psychotic
ur pops is ....
 #25 
Old 2001-06-25, 17:22
Anubis Anubis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Either I'm Bonkers Or He Actually Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

Psychologists have performed an interesting experiment, to demonstrate that many people dream in color and that dreams are some sort of 'processing' of waking experiences.

Human test subjects had to wear red-colored glasses. Immediately after a nights sleep, they were interrogated. Many of them reported that their dream looked as if they were still wearing the glasses, i.e. they dreams had a red haze over them.

More interesting information about dreams, research and publications can be found at :
http://www.dreamgate.com
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics