About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-10-29, 07:59
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Parapsychology

Anone know any REALLY GOOD sources of information on Extrasensory Percpetion or Telekinesis?

i just got this interest in Parapsychology and would like to read more...
 #2 
Old 2000-10-29, 15:31
FuCken-Idjiat FuCken-Idjiat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Parapsychology

http://www.parapsychology.com/
is probably what your looking for..
you can check out this one too..
http://www.mindspring.com/~txporter/




[This message has been edited by FuCken-Idjiat (edited 29-10-2000).]
 #3 
Old 2000-10-30, 05:17
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Parapsychology

You know, Diabolik, you seem to have what I've called Me syndrome. I call it that 'cause I thought I was the only one who had this happen to them. I get spontanously intrested in crap. Eventually, the intrest slighty fades, and then instead of reading lots of books about it, I just every once in a while read a new article or book on the subject. I should make a list of all the crap I've had month long splurges into.
 #4 
Old 2000-10-31, 03:26
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Parapsychology

yeah, nothing seems to hold my interest for much longer then a couple months at a time. I'm alwaze going out and trying tolern something new. Lot sof times I've found these past interests come back to me later, or somehow come in handy so i look i not them again. it seems to come around every month or so, i switch to something different.

There's only a few things that'll hold my interest forever: women, food, & sleep.
 #5 
Old 2000-10-31, 03:28
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Parapsychology

... but mind you it's usually things of the same nature, notice I spend the majority of my time on this board instead of the others

Science of the Damned & Conspiracy are my two faves.
 #6 
Old 2000-10-31, 03:31
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Parapsychology

It's the exact same thing with me. My two big intrests are the unexplained: The Occult and The Man. My intrests all usually fall into sub-categories of these.
 #7 
Old 2000-11-03, 07:56
~slowguy ~slowguy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Parapsychology

I've been to a couple of topics in this forum. Lucid dreaming and this one.

Personally I think that solitude can help a lot. Esp. with E.S.P. Also I think that abstaining from sensory input from all media, I mean Complete abstinence, will help. The longer the better.

In the ancient history of the Ojibwe (Chippewa) for example, in the winter they moved north to hunting grounds either alone or in single family groups They lived very isolated and over some thousands of years they developed telepathy, which in translating from their tradition into yours it would be like receiving messages carried on or from the winds, the elements of the weather, the trees, the animals, the earth etcetera. They had people who were especially gifted in these ways and they were Mide (priests) of the Midewiwin (Grand Medicine Society- a secret society) That is a secret actually that maybe I shouldn't tell, but it did and does still exist (although nearly extinguished by guess who) among native cultures in the 'Americas

Anyway, my point is that you have to allow your mind to work, and learn how to use it without having input devices like books, media etc., as crutches.

Solitude in my opinion is the best way, but this is not something that is achieved overnight.

There are some hallucinogenic plants that have been used by these medicine people to assist in this developement.

Now that I mention it, I must say to you that Society and Government feel threatened by these things because they involve a higher level of perception and a superior state of consciousness, and I think some people may feel threatened by that.

Good Luck.

sg
 #8 
Old 2000-11-04, 05:18
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Parapsychology

You wouldn't happen to be a fan of Henery David Thorugh or the Unabomber, would you Slowmo??
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics