About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-09-15, 00:46
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Lucid Dreaming

I have been readign around the net about sleep disorders and dreams and so on. Generally Anything having to do with the strange shit that happens when you sleep. I recently read an article on "The Brain-Wave Machine" which supposedly increases the chances of experiencing a Lucid Dream. I was just wondering if anyone knows if this REALLY WORKS? I read a couple other texts on doing reality & time checks when dreaming. I keep thinking about this during the day, but it seems the minute i'm dreaming, i just can't seem to do these things.

Anyone with nay information about Lucid Dreaming PLZ help me out with some tips


Diabolik Slim
 #2 
Old 2000-09-15, 04:21
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I don't know much, but if you'll recommend some sites to me, maybe I'll know more!!!
 #3 
Old 2000-09-15, 04:30
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

http://www.lucidity.com/LucidDreamingFAQ2.html

Never mind the above post. This FAQ should answer all your questions.

 #4 
Old 2000-09-16, 04:28
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Do you want more LD FAQs??? Here ya go:

http://www.psywww.com/asc/ld.html
 #5 
Old 2000-09-16, 06:00
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

"LaBerge tested a woman who could dream lucidly at will and could direct her dreams to create the sexual experiences she wanted. (What a skill!) Using appropriate physiological recording, he was able to show that her dream orgasms were matched by true orgasms (LaBerge, Greenleaf, and Kedzierski 1983)."

.......WOW


-DS
 #6 
Old 2000-09-16, 07:59
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

the lucid dreaming technique I heard of involve sensors that determine when a person has entered rem state sleep and then uses a slight strobe burst into their eyes Its faint enough that they precive it in the dream but it doesnt wake them. when they precive it it reminds them its a dream.
 #7 
Old 2000-09-17, 06:41
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I've also read of methods that use small electric charges. When REM sleep is detected small electric charges are passed through the wrists of the dreamer.

I am not sure how useful these techniques are, but as alwaze I imagine natural is the way to go. If you can teach yourself some of the skills listed on many of the Lucid Dreaming pages i've been too I'm sure you will be much further off.

Does anyone know just how succesful these Lucid Dreaming Machines are?

-DS
 #8 
Old 2000-09-17, 12:02
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

i've read up on dreams, ways to naturally have out of body experiences and lucid dreams, the best way i've found is not to sleep too soundly; that fucks up your dreams and keeps in the subconscious, hence forgotten dreams; try to stay 'aware' while you sleep and in your dream 'realize' that it is a dream and take it from there and you have yourself a lucid dream; it's hard to explain and takes practice to get it right; patience is the key. i never achieved an out of body experience yet so i won't comment on that; yet.
 #9 
Old 2000-09-18, 00:48
FuCken-Idjiat FuCken-Idjiat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I'd have to say that at least 90% of my dreams are lucid...and I use these dreams to my advantage! It's a lot of fun when u can control your dreams and make things happen at will. We all have lucid dreams at one time or another but it's very hard to control them. I will never forget the first time that I achieved a lucid dream and actually followed the instructions I read before I went to sleep (i.e making specific things appear and what-not..)
and in answer to your query,sorry but I have no idrea if those machines work!
 #10 
Old 2000-09-18, 05:24
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Has anyone here read the laythe of heaven?
 #11 
Old 2000-09-18, 20:50
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Meditation helps.
 #12 
Old 2000-09-19, 04:25
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

My friend told me I should watch a movie called Leigth of Heaven. He said it was about Affective Dreams, though, not Lucid ones. But, now I gotta go read that book before my friend knocks me unconcious, tapes my eyelids open, and makes me watch the movie first...
 #13 
Old 2000-10-25, 21:36
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I have always heard the myth that to increase your chances of having dreams all you needed to do was to eat bannanas before you go to sleep, or was it ice cream, either one - does anyone know the facts on that?

Personaly Im an insomniac and rarely sleep let alone dream. I wish I could
 #14 
Old 2000-10-26, 04:14
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I dunno, I'll let you know tomorrow
 #15 
Old 2000-10-26, 04:34
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

EXPIERMENT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm eating bannanas before I go to bed tongight.

Ice cream comes tommorow. What flavor should I eat???
 #16 
Old 2000-10-26, 05:18
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I'm trying babanas too, i already am eating em
 #17 
Old 2000-10-26, 06:35
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Alright. An expierment update. I ate a bunch of bannanas (who know's how much) and have no more around my house. I went looking for some real bannanas, but couldn't find any so now I'm munching on bannana flavored Moon Pies.
 #18 
Old 2000-10-26, 17:56
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

So what did you guys find? any luck with the bannanas? I dont think moon pies will work Atomic but good one. I think the potassium in the bannanas is what may be the trigger for dreaming- please post your findings.
 #19 
Old 2000-10-27, 04:13
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

No luck here, and I ate 4 bananas. I'm sorry, but if 4 bananas ain't enough, it isn't worth the trouble. The funny thing is, I was actually so caught up in the banana thing, I actually dreamt i was eating bananas.

I think a good observation of the WHOLE dreaming scene was made:

In my opinion, lucidity in a dream is affected by the subconscious. As a matter of fact dreaming is controlled by the subconscius. The fine line between a normal dream and achieving lucidity is passing the barrier between the subconscious and the conscious minds.

Daily facts and so on are dumped into your subconscious. I was so caught up on the banana thing it made its way into the subconscious, that night my subconsious picked that little tidbit up. The subconscious is like a storage facilty full of all the day to day crap you normally would forget, if you could tap thios hidden archive of information you can know things, you wouldn't consciously know. It's like a therapist using hypnotism to dig deep long forgotten memories out of your mind.

As for bananas or ice cream or so on, I don't think they work. whether or not the potassium has anything to do with it I don't know,but i doubt there is any solid proff or any research out there on the topic (if there is please tell me where i can learn more about it). The only effective method i can see is self training. Find a way YOU can remind yourself 'it's just a dream'
 #20 
Old 2000-10-27, 05:01
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Bannanas didn't make dreams very vivid. Had one dream I could recall slightly (There was an episode of Growing Pains and one of my friends was in the cast). No lucidity acheived. Ice Cream tonight. Hope I don't get a brain freeze!!!!!
 #21 
Old 2000-10-27, 15:47
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Tried Ice Cream...

Nothing...
 #22 
Old 2000-10-27, 20:15
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Now thats good research- sorry for the bad lead- but like I said I just heard the myth. At least we know now ... I hope it wasnt Ben in your dream, Atomic- that kid really bothered me. peace-
 #23 
Old 2000-10-28, 05:56
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Nah, his name was Jon if you care.

Ice cream: � a gallon did jack shit. I don't remember a thing I dreamed last night.
 #24 
Old 2000-10-29, 01:55
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

The ice cream gave me gas...
 #25 
Old 2000-10-29, 06:48
Kirby179 Kirby179 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Gassy lucid dream? Eew.

*is pulled offstage*
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics