About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-08-17, 05:46
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Sleep Paralysis

Can this phenomena be explained to me? It seems like when I do deep yoga or meditation this happens to me. It is also the basis of nightmares that I had when I was a wee lad. Am I meditating wrong, or what. The feeling of being trapped, like the weight of the blankets is suffacating you. It was terrifing when it happened as a dream. When I can recreat it, it brings back strong memories of fear and terror. It's really wierd, but only recently I've learned it's a common occurance.
 #2 
Old 2000-08-17, 08:54
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sleep Paralysis

Not to worry!! I just found out
that I didn't invent the big
bang theory a couple of days ago.;(
The Aniscase knew all about it long
before..........oh well.

I can induce sleep paralysis , but have no inclination to. Unless I'm gonna get paid
to be a guinea pig or something.

It's pretty simple isn't it bongman?
your body falls asleep, deep asleeep, waaaaay before your braing does. Sort of like "we're sorry the cellular one customer that you are trying to reach is........"
 #3 
Old 2000-08-18, 04:30
The Real The Real is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sleep Paralysis

Ironically at the gym the other day there was a segment on it that I watched while riding the life cycle. It was explained as this. You, your conscious, wakes up during REM's. In all actuality you wake during a dream, but you mind stays in that dream. Whatever you are seeing in your dream, you see consciously, or atleast think you do. During this deep sleep the only muscles that are free to move are your eyes, heart, diaphragm, and sometimes the neck muscles. All your chest muscles are paralyzed making your chest feel incredibly heavy. Hallucinations are quite possible and common. All other muscles are immovable as well, giving the full feeling of paralysis. The only thing you can really do is: Your best to wake the fuck up, or go back to sleep and get up when the rest of your body is ready.
 #4 
Old 2000-08-18, 15:17
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sleep Paralysis

Irony , yeah....sure....
just say co-winki-dink

That is an ok splanation

For myself I'd have to say
that as I am consciously falling

into a very deep, sometimes used
to be ,long overdue sleep...

I become aware of an extremely disturbing
sensation, this occurs just before
complete paralysis sets in and if I am very
lucky I can get the attention of some one laying next to me,and manage to let them
know what is going on.

During the onset and duration of this
all I can think in terror and desperation
is "if only I could open my eyes, hell move my eyes, if only I could take a breath to scream and I try but the person next to me
hears nothing because not even the tiniest
sound can be coaxed from me , just the panic
and terryfying fear that grips my soul!

I am very aware of utter disconnectedness
from my body, somehow I know that if I fail
to conjure up the requisite imperceivable twitch, that I don't get to get back in.

It is terryfying to say the least!
Last time it happened and anytime for that matter, the only escape possible if I struggle with every ounce of focused determination and adrenaline I may be able to muster, all just to move my finger or toe a 32nth of an inch , Death feels that close and it is sooo very possible that I'll not be able to do it(move that whatever)

It is for the reason " I hope that never happens again"
that I avoid coffee completely.
I have found that it acts as an excellent catalyst to aid and abet all the wrong
participants I emody.

For years I thought this was a fairly
unique hell, one of the first thing I
looked up when I got my computer was
this topic, I posted a "ever heard of this?' on some discussion board and them lost
it forever.

Eventually I got dicouraged and quit trying to find it, instead, I found the free porn
stories that used to be here but now .....
and then I found y'all ,I want a bumper sticker that says &totseI FOUND IT!
coffee is evil, repent, jk, not really
 #5 
Old 2000-08-18, 23:17
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sleep Paralysis

I've been wikirooned! :0
 #6 
Old 2000-08-19, 02:05
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sleep Paralysis

the correct usage of the above term is as follows


*winkarooned* 1


1: Suziegirl
 #7 
Old 2000-09-15, 04:35
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sleep Paralysis

I found a greta sleeping topic message board message board. here are a few threads reffering to sleep paralysis.
http://www.sleepnet.com/wwwboard/messages/381.html
http://www.sleepnet.com/wwwboard/messages/115.html


check em otu if you're interested.
 #8 
Old 2000-11-29, 18:17
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sleep Paralysis

Just pulled this up so Greenspam could check it out.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics