|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2000-08-13, 08:33
|
Alan Smithee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
confused
I thought that the beleif in alien crafts visibly visiting the planet was a cover created by the CIA to prevent people from learning about secret planes, like the arora and the stealth bomber and such. I heard though that the CIA atmited this so this cant be right either, whats going on and why am I one cover story ahead of every one else, and are they just using reverse psycology?
|
|
#2
 2000-08-13, 09:02
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
The CIA is a spy agency.
I'm sure, however, that the USAF and whatever other black operations about have perpetuated the myth that aliens are visiting our planet.
Al Gore is a robot from the red planet and Bush is a fool. Vote for some other parties this year. How can you loose?!
|
|
#3
 2000-08-13, 21:21
|
Alan Smithee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
misinformation falls within the bounds of espionage.
|
|
#4
 2000-08-14, 04:59
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
Hey now Z, don't you be talking trash about Al Gore on his invention!!!
|
|
#5
 2000-08-15, 00:20
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
Could be who really knows? I don't care so much for Bush, but I'd rather see him elected than Gore, especially with Gore's plans for our future. Buchana ain't so bad either. But I really wish Alan Keyes, the only decent person to run for ages, was still in the race. He would run the country right, giving power back to the people and limiting government. I love all of his ideas for the country, I hate how so many Americans, even politician's are racist and so powerhungry. He is so conservative people called him radical, people thought he unintelligent, because he is Black. He's probably got a higher IQ and moral standard higher than all three branches of govt combined. Too late however, he's done for 4yrs, maybe in 2004? Watch for him people. You can read some of his articles from time to time at www.worldnetdaily.com
|
|
#6
 2000-10-13, 21:56
|
Volitional_Entity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
It's deffinately disinformation you wont get the truth from the cia or any other source. Statisticaly though its very improbable that intelligent space faring aliens dont exist. Check out Carl Sagans book Billions & Billions its a good read and definately an eye opener.
|
|
#7
 2000-10-14, 14:55
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
CIA has no jurisdiction inside the US. If something were covered up, it'd be pretty likely the Air Force did it themselves. Government agencies are not very cooperative with each other.
Also, I don't doubt there's other intelligent life out there, but if it's reached earth, why hasn't it done what we do when we find other tribes of intelligent life? Come in here with their version of the bible and convert us heathens.
|
|
#8
 2000-10-16, 00:58
|
DiabolikSlim 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
i don't doubt there is other intelligent life out in our universe. I think it's pretty damn safe to say there probally is (somewhere). But who is saying they are more intelligent then us? Who says they have ever even thought of coming to earth, they might not have even conquered space travel or as advanced a way of life as we have.
The way i see it, pretty much every living thing on earth is Intelligent Life. Fromt he lowest form od bacteria to human beings and I'm sure with this in mind, and considering the vast nature of our universe that somewhere otu there, there is bound to be some other living organism.
Back to the topic at hand though. I'm sure multiple government agencies have 'blaimed' experiments of theirs on paranormal activity. If you had secretly designed a newsuper weapon or aircraft of some sorts and Joe Blow, the inbred redneck, saw your 'shiny lights' out in the back 40. that you wouldn't try to cover this up by blaming it on something people don't understand? I mean this isn't something you want the rest of the world to know, it could be a matter of national security.
|
|
#9
 2000-10-16, 03:12
|
DiabolikSlim 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
In other words, I totally agree with Zag
|
|
#10
 2000-10-16, 10:52
|
lostmind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
ever heard of culture shock?
we would have mass hysteria if aliens just showed up one day, we haven't even learned how to get along with the people on this planet, how do we expect, or how do they expect us to get along with someone from another planet.
if aliens are smart enough to travel through space, i would assume that they are also smart enough to leave us alone until we are mature enough to handle their existance.
and i'm also sure they would've monitored us for quite some time, learning who to meet, where are information centers are, military strengths in case they are not viewed as friendly by us.
|
|
#11
 2000-10-16, 10:56
|
lostmind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
i also you hope you didn't mean what you said about life being intelligent.
all life is instinctual, but not intellectual. there's more to intelligence than knowing where to get food, how to stay warm, how to fuck.
could a cat program a computer? could a dog fly an airplane? could an elephant build a car? has a horse invented the wheel? have fish discovered fire?
|
|
#12
 2000-10-17, 01:51
|
DiabolikSlim 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
Those are all things bound by the animals abilities( well at leats for the most part) Itdoesn't mean they are not intelligent. In ym opinion Intelligent is the ability to adapt. Just because an animal can't ride a bike or read 7 write doesn't mean it isn't intelligent. When you look at things it's easy to see just how intelligent some living things are, even the lowest forms of life.
|
|
#13
 2000-10-17, 02:00
|
|
|
Re: confused
speaking of spying shit...
i might be joining up with the NSA its cool as hell. i hope i get the job. if i am allowed in, they pay for my college as long as i work for them.
|
|
#14
 2000-10-17, 13:34
|
lostmind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
evolutionists will tell you it's instinctual to adapt, the 6th grade science lesson that states an organism can either move, adapt, or die within hostile surroundings.
i stated this somewhere else as well but my definition of instinct is to get what you need, intelligence is getting what you want.
|
|
#15
 2000-10-18, 05:18
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
In the end, there's two main things that prevent even the most stable person from going completly psychotic:
Religion and Governement
All humans on this planet create them both. We all thought them up independently from the others. Intelligent life on other planets will have them to. And, they'll like theirs. A lot. A sort of intergalactic Crusades or Commie Rev. or something will happen when aliens find us, no matter how smart they are.
|
|
#16
 2000-10-21, 01:06
|
DiabolikSlim 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
Hehe, yeah they adapt because they're intellignet, if they didn't adapt, they'd die, and in my opinion that wouldn't be very intelligent.
What The Fuck Am I Talking About?
|
|
#17
 2000-10-21, 05:04
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
Actually, that made partial sense.
|
|
#18
 2000-10-22, 03:06
|
DiabolikSlim 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
...partial
|
|
#19
 2000-10-24, 21:15
|
|
|
Re: confused
Well, Al Gore may be from the red planet, but he invented the fucken internet! (Not! Hehheh) Where the hell does he imply that from?
That's an outlandish statement, like when you hear people say they invented the period (not good 4 women) and the question mark.
|
|
#20
 2000-10-24, 21:35
|
Rabbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
Most of the people that work for the CIA arent even aware of their cooperation with the agency. Dr's doing research, students doing polls, UNIVERSITIES doing research payed by grants from the agency, it goes on and on. MIT is among those. U of W does alot of medical research for them too. I always thought it was weird why Hollywood would make movies that cost millions like the one Madonna was in "dont cry for me Argentina," or something like that. They are trying to re-write history. Disney too- they made a movie about a russian czars daughter who escaped after her familys murder (only later being exposed as a fraud) but Disney went ahead with it and still claims it to be based on a true story. Its called Social Enginering kids..
|
|
#21
 2000-10-25, 05:13
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
See Diabolik?? There's people who make even less sense then you in their posts. This guy started talking about how university research helps the CIA gather information, and ended up talking about historical fiction movies. What the fuck.
Oh, and BTW, the name's of the movies are "Evita" and "Anastasia", both the name's of famous, non-American females. Conspiracy?? I think so!
|
|
#22
 2000-10-25, 07:44
|
soullace 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
Intellegence is not in all animals. Only more advanced forms of life have it. Instinct is more like hardware, and intellegence is more like software.
The reason why fish haven't discovered fire is because they live underwater, lostmind. It's not quite possible for them to do so. Im not suggesting they could but the fact that you used fish is a bad way to argue.
Aliens, yes, have a high chance of probablity to exist. Whether or not they have been to this planet i dont think so. The only time it will really matter is when they make themselves know. And at that point we will know our answer.
As far as coverups, people will use whatever they can to confuse the truth. The best way is misinformation. We have gone through a cold war and know how to do this well.
I dont think people would go into mass hysteria if we knew aliens existed and have visted this planet. I think a governmental millatary would go more berserk than the public.
|
|
#23
 2000-10-25, 20:01
|
Rabbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
Sorry atomic- Id did kinda ramble , I guess I should have what, started a new topic to talk about movies? I still believe what I said. Kids these days believe what they see especially if it says "based on a true story". And for a topic with a title like "confused" I didnt know I was supposed to take it so seriously. How did I not make sense anyways- I was trying to create a link with the cia, DISSINFORMATION, and hollywood. By the way- Hittlers greatest weapon wasnt a tank or ship- it was the propaganda he spead thru the use of movies!
I bet Diebolik can appreciate this if hes anything like me.
I used to believe everything I heard on the learning channel untill they started talking about aliens from space. Oh-brother!
|
|
#24
 2000-10-26, 04:20
|
DiabolikSlim 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
Oh I totally agree with the Hitler thing, and much of what else was said does make sense. People believe whatever they are told. Over generations the governement could easily change history, Staged documentaries, change the history books, and what the fuck, they could make history whatever they want.
As for the distinction between instinct and intelligence i WAS backed into a corner, I'm justa stubborn fuck and don't liek to change my mind until I've been totally made to look like an ass.
This Was A Learnign Experience, LoL.
|
|
#25
 2000-10-26, 04:31
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: confused
Sorry, the transition from Universities to Hollywood was too quick for my feeble mind.
Rabbit, I recommend you rent a movie called 'The Last Broadcast'. It's a Blair Witch spoof with a suprising ending.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|