|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2000-08-07, 04:34
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Things that go bump in the night
Any body have any paranormal experiences that they would share?
I have two that I consider paranormal, meaning that I cannot explain them. I cannot explain them because the first experience, I just don't know what it was. The second, I was too scared to look.
The first. Both of these experiences happened to me in a time that I was experimenting if you will. I'd play with ouija boards was playing with witchcraft, so maybe it was just in my mind. Anyhow my first experience was in my own bedroom. I was about 13 if I remember correctly. My room used to just get this eerie mood about it and I'd get very pissed off for no apparent reason. I'd just get mad. One night I got into one of these mad moods, so mad I woke up from my sleep. I sat up in bed and saw a body laying on my couch. It was gray and fat and was the shape of sleeping person. It didn't move nor make any sounds. I layed back down, rolled over, and closed my eyes shaking. About an hour later I rolled over to see it still there. I left my room and sat up in the living room all night, never saw this thing again.
My second experience was at a friends house near the same time. His mom claimed to be a witch that could control spirits. Well us kids had the house to ourselves, it was parents night out. We were laying in bed about 2am, when the dogs came running out of their kitchen and jumped on the hide-a-bed with us. Very shortly after we could hear what sounded like kitchen chairs scooting around, dishes rattling in the sink, and doors opening and closing. We just layed there quite and shaking. Several hours after the noises quit we fell asleep.
Since then I've though I may have seen or heard things, but have had an explanation for each one. I've also quit playing with things considered to be demonic. I suppose though, now, if I saw something out of the ordinary I'd approach it and try to communicate. But I really don't know if I'd be ready for it.
In the end I don't know if such things exist. I believe God exists so I do believe in demons, angels, the devil. But I can't prove beyond a doubt that whatever I have seen or heard were either of those. Ghosts are harder for me to believe it, what are they exactly? Demons, Angels? I don't believe the Bible makes mention of ghosts.
|
|
#2
 2000-08-07, 05:57
|
Evil_Mastermind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
I just know im going to catch shit for this, but I believe that new age is bigger bullshit than the established religions. Wicca and satanism too.. after they made that p.o.s. trendiferous movie 'TheCraft' aimed at beginning the indoctrinating process for 13-year-old unpopular girls, and now with stories in the newspaper extolling wicca and shows like Charmed... ugh. I just cant believe in any of that stuff... Oh and just so I'm not accused of posting off-topic, Real, I once saw a UFO but found out it was chain lightning... then i bought a chainsaw, just because i heard chain and thats my pattern of thought... so i got this chainsaw and started cutting trees down, yanno those saplings that get planted along suburban residential area sidewalks? so im doing drive-by sawings, when this druid walks up to me...
|
|
#3
 2000-08-07, 06:23
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
i personally think that satanism is THE most buggerball, retarded, and mindless religon out there. that is what i call a losing battle. they belive in christ and that he will come, but they refuse to have faith in him. they know the truths in the Bible, and yet they still root for the losing team.
|
|
#4
 2000-08-07, 08:02
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Satanism has nothing to do with evil or hell or Old Scratch. But it's still a piece of shit devised to attract blithering morons. Like wicca!  And how can evil loose if good can't win?! Only one comes to mind apart from what I posted about seeing the future. I was lying in bed when I heard a loud roaring blasting in my ears. I looked up at the ceiling and saw horrible rock formations that were blood red pulsing in time with the roaring in my ears. From the noise english words became noticable but they were several spoken at the same time. It was nothing I could make out but I did feel like they were all yelling at me in an enraged tone. This obviously scared the shit out of me so I tried to get up and run. When I tried to lift my arms they were restricted. It was as if a person was holding them as there was some give before they were pushed back down. My chest filled with some heat and if pushed me deep into my water bed. All the way to the hard bottom in fact. I tried to yell but I felt my throat pinch. Finally, with all my will power, I forced myself to sit up. Once I sat up, everything vanished. This could be explained away by hypnogogic hallucination but, since my eyes never closed, I doubt this. I was ascared!
|
|
#5
 2000-08-09, 00:34
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
When I was 13, the term, "New Age" was unheard of or not popular. I don't think satanism is bullshit. I guess I don't know what to believe. I believe that the Christian God exists so I must believe that demons exist and hence satan. So why not satan worshippers?
Anywasy something odd happened in my place last night. I was in my room and the answering machine turned on. I just figured I didn't hear the phone ring. I went to check it and a previous message was playing. I hit the stop button and started off back to my room, no sooner I turned back it clicked on again. I hit the stop button again and headed for my room. About 10minutes later I heard voices, I guessed it was the answering machine, well it wasn't. The tv was now on. By this time I thought things were pretty fucked up. I turned the tv off and went to my room to fetch my gun and started clearing the house. I heard a noise in the living room. I rushed to the living room and locked the front door and sat on a chair waiting to see if anything would happen. Just then my sister and my room mate walked in the door wondering why the hell I was sitting on our chair armed. Nothing has happened since then.
Z3m,
There is a phenomena called "sleep paralysis"? I think that's what it's called. It's a situation where you concsious awakes, but the rest of your brain and body are in deep sleep. All your senses come to life, but you cannot move or make noises. However I don't know if you still see what you were dreaming or can hallucinate. There is a thing called witch riding. People believed that at night a witch would sit on their chest and ride them around. They felt paralyzed and could make no noise, they claimed to be floating around with a heavy weight on their chest. This is another thing accredited to this sleep paralysis thingie. Perhaps you experienced it as well.
|
|
#6
 2000-08-09, 05:21
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
There's also a thing called a "Night Hag" that has the same kind of effect as what Z was talking about. You feel a heavy weight on your chest, are paralyzed and hallucinate. Usually you just here voices or see a shadow move towards you, nothing big like Z's expierince.
|
|
#7
 2000-08-09, 12:15
|
winki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
I wish I could get paid to be in a sleep paralysis study! That is what I'm talking about inducing with the mixed coffee beverage in the caffeine extraction post. I once told my ex about it and he said " the dark side is trying to take you down" Why you being mean to me Z3m?
|
|
#8
 2000-08-09, 21:32
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
WHAT?!
|
|
#9
 2000-08-10, 04:13
|
xmonkeyfistx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Let me begin my reply by stating that paranormal experiences come from two things. A perfectly normal natural act or the paranoid minds of people. I believe that this "figure" was most likely one of a number of things. My first guesses would be a shadow or a distorted image created by the eyes. When a person first awakens, as you said you did because of your anger, their eyes take steps to ensure that light can properly enter the eye and such so that the person can have some vision in dark places. If you only saw this shape momentarily before turning away, then that would probobly be my guess. Or, as I said, a shadow.
As for your friend's and the noises, I would have to have more description. However, I'm quite sure it was a natural occurance because ghosts and ghouls and the like are completely proposterous.
As for those religions, let me state that Satanism is for hopheads, New Age religions are for artists and yoda instructors, and that Wicca is the most idiotic belief system I've ever encountered. My opinions, of course. There's my reply...
|
|
#10
 2000-08-10, 04:52
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Why is the paranormal proposterous? I have no evidence as to what caused anything I've seen, heard, or experienced. I can't rule out electrical failure, nor ghosts, nor demons, or whatever. I do know I was wide awake and not imagining things, I was completely sober as I had just gotten off work.
But the question is, how can you rule out ghosts?
|
|
#11
 2000-08-10, 05:09
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
I think with all the evidence supporting the existence of ghosts, it'd be pretty stupid to say they don't exist, as a matter of fact, I may call you a facist pig. But, I've been known to take things to the extreme.
|
|
#12
 2000-08-10, 07:24
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
quote: yoda instructors
Heh...
|
|
#13
 2000-08-10, 19:09
|
Eldritch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Some things happen sometimes that I cannot explain. Circumstances would cause me to place the blame on some sort of spirit. Such things have had a profound impact on my beliefs and caused a switch to something... other than atheist.
|
|
#14
 2000-08-10, 20:10
|
sckbch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Ghosts? I don't believe in ghosts, that is, unless I someday really see one. I don't believe in UFO's and other flying crap, yet I can't give you an explanation why people keep on seeing all that stuff. Being of humorous nature, I'd run a drug test on everyone who claims to have seen or experienced something otherwordly, you never know, we might find some blood in that whiskey and crack mixture. I don't dispute any of you, you saw what you saw, it's your experience, yet after working as a paramedic for a while, I tend to strongly believe that mind can play some really powerful tricks on you. I had some older patients/victim claiming they had angels talking them, yet later on I'd find out that the angel was named phenobarbital....
|
|
#15
 2000-08-11, 05:11
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Of course it's hallucination. Hallucination must be why entire towns have seen light phenomenon in the sky that is not of this world. Hallucination is why so many people have seen the ghost of Anne Boylen at the Tower of London. Right on, sckbch, hallucination all the way.
|
|
#16
 2000-08-11, 05:30
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Skbch, did not imply that all sightings of the unusual are hallucinations, just some. Some, probably are.
I don't really believe in ghosts or aliens either. When I see conclusive proof one way or the other, then I'll believe or disbelieve. Till then it's all up in the air for. I have heard some spooky stories from areas around Cleveland, I think I would like to investigate. The claims made can be explained logically, well some of them. For example: The claim-The witnesses' car was parked at a supposedly haunted bridge. Hand prints started appearing on the car. I asked-"What were the weather conditions like?" The answer-"Well, it was very foggy outside", My conclusion-Previously made handprints will reappear in humid conditions on surfaces that water will condense too, such as metal and glass. Initials supposedly appeared on a window as well, I gave the same explanation. But other things were have claimed to have happened that cannot readily be explained. A video tape is supposed to exist of these such things, which I have not seen yet.
|
|
#17
 2000-08-11, 06:07
|
xmonkeyfistx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
It's quite simple to rule out ghosts. I don't believe in em. Bottom line...
|
|
#18
 2000-08-11, 14:58
|
sckbch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
By far, Real, I am not implying that all sightings are hallucinations, however, in my line of work, 99.9% of all apparitions were explained fully enough without leaving any holes, if you know what I mean. Alcoholics tend to see bright lights, dead people, white horses (this is funnny) and white powder skin little dwarfs that try to talk them into doing some silly or even something more lethal to somebody. One particular guy who had a cardiac arrest once revived starded speaking to his dog, big black labrador, had a full conversation in front of me. Alcohol.
Not all apparitions and such can be explained as a result of overdose with particular drug/drugs. Since we as humans use only 10% of our brains (used to be 4, now they say 10, tomorrow they'll let us know we don't have a brain), some chemical reactions might trigger other chemical reactions in your brain, leading to seeing things.
As far as masses are concerned, you all know what mentality masses have, and group halucinations are as common as hay in Illinois.
One things however, sad story. I was on 3th shift once, all night and morning seemed to be too silent to be real, and then we had a call, some drunk crack whore bitch got into an accident, her kid was injured badly. When we arrived, not much I could do, his rib cage caved in, his right eye has sunken into his skull because of the smashed cheekbone, basically that 8 y old was going to die. In the ambulance he woke up (despite all the morphine and lerozepam we pumped in him) and told me that there is a man behind smiling, holding my shoulder, and saying nice things to him. That freaked me out. Kid died 6 or 7 days later, and I still can't explain why and how he saw the shit he saw. We can rule out drugs right now - once he woke in the ambulance, his pulse, blood pressure and heartbeat rose to that of a man running a 5 mile stretch. His speech wasn't slurred at all, his eyes had a perfect reaction to light, movement (however little) was well coordinated. Once he told me about the man, he fell asleep, or so it seemed. So even I, the pessimist of this board, cannot tell you that there's no such things as paranormal and unnatural. I still think that everything can be explained with proper means. Cannot deny, but cannot be too sure either.
|
|
#19
 2000-08-11, 17:24
|
winki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Damn!!..You guys all look great!, sound great!, are great, what a totally cool thread! -Eldritch: What a beautifully succinct and comprehensive post!
schbch and The real: bravo , I had an inkling that the two of you had more in common than not and kudos for the open-mindedness of two such usually heavily opinionated men!
Another p.o.r.s* brought to you by3mcreations *{post of reasonable size)
[This message has been edited by winki (edited 08-12-2000).]
|
|
#20
 2000-08-11, 23:41
|
Alan Smithee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
I use to have a freind, he moved to minnasota, who claimed while he slept one time a paranormal force in the shape of a spider told him to go on a killing spree. He said one night he woke up and on the wall he saw a huge spider 3 feet across which he believed to be a Demon who instructed him to kill people and showed him the image of him going through a doorway gun blasting. He refused, I belive he said he made the sign of the cross. The reason why he told me was the next morning his brother had a large mysterious spider bite. I was pretty creeped out when he told me this.
|
|
#21
 2000-08-12, 05:04
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
I hope I'm not winki's exception...
|
|
#22
 2000-08-23, 18:02
|
cLoWn_uNiT 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
I have experienced many paranormal experiences in my life. Lots of people try to discount my description of the events. I think even The Real did once. The first incident was: I was about 12 years old and I sitting in my room. My brother and I both saw what look like a vapory-looking being whisk down the hallway, and then disappear. Another incident that happened twice to me was: During any normal day I was the last to leave home for school and the first to come home. When I came home all the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen and living room were opened. And the third incident was: I was sitting in our living room 2 feet from a table and witnessed a book flying off the middle of the table and hitting my dog who was sleeping a foot or so from the table. These incidents all happened within a year and nothing odd has happened since. My brother also has a few more incidents happening to him. It seemed to only haunt my brother and I. Anybody have any insight on this.... The only clue we have was, that it started to happen one year after the death of the person who originally owned the house.
|
|
#23
 2000-08-24, 02:37
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
I didn't discredit the description I discredited why it happened. I do hear odd noises at work sometimes when I work late. I've investigated most of them I can find out all noises but 2. Sometimes I swear I hear a door open and foot steps as well. Most are caused by machinery in the production area, which is next to my lab.
|
|
#24
 2000-08-24, 04:00
|
Suziegirl 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Explain this one..
About a week ago, I'm about to go to the store across the road to buy soda. I don't drive, so I always cross this main road on foot, standing in the turn lane if there's traffic coming..
My boyfriend, 5 mins before I leave, says he has a really bad feeling about me and the road, so he drives me over there.
Whilst discussing the fact that we'd never know if his feeling was right or not, we walk out of the store.
In the turn lane, right outside the entrance to the parking lot is an abandoned white car.
Noone in it, abandoned. We were only in the store a few minutes.
If I'd been crossing the road, standing in the turn lane, bearing in mind it was already dark outside, someone having problems might not have seen me in time..
Freaky huh?
|
|
#25
 2000-08-24, 04:27
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Hey, Clown. Was the owner before you guys got the house possesive, or easily pissed off? If he was a nice, cool, easy-going guy, I don't think he'd try to scare people in his afterlife.
Here comes my own, very odd, semi-paranormal expierince. I was recently at the Boundary Waters lakes, up on the Minnesota-Canada border and I had canoed over to an island to take a pretty picture off a cliff. While I was up there, I really had to pee. So, I peeed of the cliff, joking as it fell into the extremly calm lake below, "Here you go O great god of the lake!" (I'm atheist, so I don't care how much I make fun of gods). Then, the winds, which were formerly non-existent, pick up a lot and the flat lake starts making 3-4 ft waves which greet me and my canoe as I leave the island. I made it out fine, but the wind dropped back to normal when I got back to base camp. I think it was a powerful, supernatural being with a god-complex. What do y'all think?
|
|
#26
 2000-08-24, 07:11
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
"Explain this one.." said Suzie in a tone best described as making the reader feel she is full of herself.
To which Z3m replied, "Coincidence."
|
|
#27
 2000-08-24, 08:43
|
Hells_wrath 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Want weird experiences? Go buy 2 books: The Necronomicon The Necronomicon Spellbook
It warns in the Necronomicon not to tinker with the incantations, but I decided to anyways...I read aloud all of the incantations invoking the ancient ones (the evil demons, equivalent to Satan in Christianity)...I hallucinated for the next two weeks, usually about once a day, no shit. The first thing I saw were chickens running from the school kitchen - I watched them for a few seconds, then looked away...they were gone when I looked back. I also saw a gorilla at school. It was nuts.
The Necronomicon Spellbook explains why the Necronomicon isn't evil like everyone thinks (well, the shit about worshipping the ancient ones is, but this is spoken against). It contains spells used by the Sumerians. I've tried 2 of them so far and they both worked....
|
|
#28
 2000-08-24, 14:39
|
cLoWn_uNiT 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
AtomicZagnut, I don't think so...But i don't doubt it. I just realized that maybe he was haunting my brother and I because we shared the master bedroom in the house at the time.
As for peeing in the lake...It seems coinicidental yet a bit spooky. I have had a tree fall in a woods in the same spot which i was sitting for 30 minutes while deer hunting...I remember shooting that same tree before. That was really weird.
|
|
#29
 2000-08-24, 18:25
|
Suziegirl 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Zem, did someone steal your lollipop or something? You're being even more bad tempered than usual lately....
I wasn't being full of myself, I dont' actually have an opinion either way on the matter, I just thought it was a weird and interesting story that fitted in with the discussion. Sorry if I peed on your territory.
|
|
#30
 2000-08-24, 22:17
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
I am NOT! I was just teasing you! ARGH!!#@#!
|
|
#31
 2000-08-24, 22:18
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
FUCK!
I've been trying to be nicer than usual!
|
|
#32
 2000-08-24, 22:55
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Isn't the Necronomicon just a work of fiction by HP Lovecraft that's so weird you go insane reading it?
|
|
#33
 2000-09-01, 04:38
|
Tha_Orange_Munky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
hmm well this is kinda of a outta of date post, if you will. But the i do believe the original Necronomicon was writtin by an Arab named Ahmed Armazeh<something like that> i think lovecraft's is just a reference of somesort but i can't say for sure because i don't know... by the way i find it odd that all these works were writtin from about 400-100 years ago and they scare the shit out of people today, imagine what it did to people back then. But as far as necromancy goes i've tried only once, unaffective, but you never know. Its fun to read about though.
|
|
#34
 2000-09-01, 10:11
|
winki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
I don't think that there are many coincidences that could also be described as paranormal. A high instance of coincidence in one's life is a well oiled mechanism of denial! Unless it was all a coincidence. Once I had the honor of seeing my son get an award, best math student in kindergarten: I had alot to do that day, get Grandpa up, feed and bathe him, change his bed etc. but I was set on taking a picture of my kid at the award assembly, it should have been good enough jsut to be there....So instead of getting Grandpa out of bed, and his wet diapers, I hopped in my car and set out for a 1 1/2hr trip to get my sisters camera. I was getting it out of her car, so I didn't change, I had 4inch long green stone earrings and a sleezy tank dress I wore as a nightie on, no shoes and no underware-but I was gonna be right back. As I drove, I had a lousy feeling like I should have changed Grandpa, like I was being waaay too selfish and didn't deserve to have all the things I did, I felt like I was unjustly pushing my luck. I thought about going back , but didn't. Right about then my car lost power, I knew something was really wrong and that I should just get off the freeway so as to not exacerbate the situation, but I didn't. I decided if I could just make it a couple more exits I could hit up my ex's sister for a ride and maybe a camera too. I still had 3hrs before the assembly so I wasn't too worried to make matters worse, I was hearing Grandpa calling out for me, but I tried to ignore it, of course I couldn't hear him, I just needed to relax and proceed to end up with what I wanted, period. Just after I decided not to pull off just yet the car made another really bad noise and I pulled off and into a 7-11. I decided to call my boyfriend at the time eventhough I knew he was out in the back yard doing what I'd asked him to do, I wanted to tell him to go and tell Grandpa that I'd be right back, no one else changed Grandpas diapers or dealt w/ the bed messes because it was personal and he would have hated it plus no one should be asked to do that sort of thing. Anyway my conscience was getting to me and I wanted it sated before I turned my attentions to finagling a camera, a ride home and a free mechanic etc. I dialed the number that had been the same for forty years but a recording came on saying that the call could not be completed as dialed. I tried it several times but still the same message. So I called the operator and asked her to dial it, she tried but came back and told me that the number was not a valid # they had no record of it and therefore she could not help me. I explained to her that there must be some mistake, she checked and checked again, but the # did not exist. Irritated and guilty as hell I decided to try and make it to my ex's sisters house I pulled the car out of the parking lot and made it about two blocks before it completely died. So aw fuck I figured here we go and I walked up to the house nearest me, there was black cat wooden decoration and I figured that would be good luck for me since I am a cat lover, black white or calico, I knowcked, but nobody was there. So I went to the next house looking for the assistance I was so sure I would find I just couldn't miss the assembly, I didn't desereve that harsh of a lesson in pushing my luck. I knocked on the door and waited and waited and finally the door opened, but instead of a house, the place had been almost completely gutted behind the facade, couldn't tell from the front, but there was really no house there, and no phone, just a construction guy leering at me, and considering the way I was dressed, I felt pretty low. So then I went to the third house I knocked on the door and a woman answered, she was Indian, like middle East she looked at me, smiled and asked what she could do to help me I ranted out my stupid little dilema and she said, well I wish that I could help you , but I have to pick my children up from nursery school, they only go half a day and they don't change diapers, but I will drive you to the end of the line and maybe you can get the light rail home in time to get to your award ceremony. I was dissapointed, but I appreciated the ride. She let me out across the street and I had to run to the center median where the train came. The ceremony was about an hour away and my other car and home, not to mention poor Grandpa who must have been worried out of his mind and hopefully not on the floor under his bed after falling out of it trying to find me. I was a mental wreck, but it didn't show...I used to have a saying to mock the guys who hit on me it went me:"my heart is bleeding, my soul is dead" them: yeah, but you look goooood!" The only people on the train were drivers on their way to where their routes started. They were talking about someone who should have learned their lesson but hadn't. They smiled at me, but I just looked out the window, nobody knew and nobody needed to. One of the drivers kept looking at me and not in a leering way, I couldn't quite place it, but there was something about his eyes that seemed so familiar, I felt no resentment toward him, I knew he was not thinking of me like that despite my slutty appearance, he was looking at me like to say "tell me every little thing" but I just looked back poker face as always feeling as though in not spilling my guts I was at least accomplishing something of merit in an otherwise totally humiliating, and deservedly so morning. I wondered why he seemed so familiar, but wasn't about to say don't I know you from somewhere. I became more and more compelled to speak to this man, it was as though he knew my thoughts and was jsut waiting for me to begin speaking to him, so kind and patient I did not realize until he got up and got off the bus that the energy I felt from him was exactly like that of my Grandmother, Nanny, who'd died several years before, it didn't look like her, but I knew that some how it was, I looked up to smile at the man as he passed by my window , so sure that since he'd been looking all the time on the train that he'd glance up and be gifted by my smile and the love I had for what he'd just been, I knew it was freaky but it had been a freaky day, only when I looked out to smile he was gone, I was so sad , but also happy to have realized who it was I'd just been in the company of. As I looked out the window the train passed many places that I'd never seen because I didn't ride the train, I didn't have to, I was lucky enough to have two cars thank you very much and it was really weird because there were ongoing matters of personal interst in my life and mind that as yet I'd found no clue as to where to begin looking into them. Every place we passed that morning offered a piece of visual assistance about one of those things, I thought this is the biggest bunch of fucking coincidences paired with unspoken thoughts I've ever even heard of much less imagined occuring to me. But there was another one. I got off the train at the stop nearest my home, but still a good 20-25min walk. I contemplated calling a cab, the cab base was just up the street in between where I was and home, but they could take forever and if I didn't get to my car soon, I wouldn't make it . So I figured I'd push my luck some more, fucking coincidences?- c'mon-type piece of shit attitude, and I told the dispatcher of my plight, then I decided not to wait and walk toward the cab co. it was the least I could do, I figured so I walked and walked and the assembly was just starting as I got to the cab co. I walked up and asked the first person I saw for a ride, he just looked at me and so I repeated myself then w/o a word he turns around and walks away back into the office, so I go in the customer door, but no one is in there, so I walk back to the door he went in thinking I whould just run the rest of the way home. Just then another guy comes out the door, "you need a cab?" he says YES! I yelp, it's just up the street, I'll give you 10bucks to take me three blocks, I don't have a cab he says you'll have to go into the office and talk to the dispatcher, oh never mind I say and start walking really fast up the street. Now I'm thinking that this has all been some lesson about pushing my luck , ignoring my responsibilities, not appreciating the things that I have, and never being satisfied w/ what people are offering me, I'm actually considering that as a valid concept and not just a big coincidence, I'm thinking that Grandpa will have to wait until I get back, I know how much that will further upset him, but I can't miss the assembly, it is not my fault, he'd understand, Ideserve to be there. Then I'm thinking that I'm gonna have to fly to catch the ceremony and I'm hoping it'll be crowded so my son won't know I didn't see the whole thing, and then I remember that the brakes on the Z are really going out bad and that driving it fast like I'd need to would be stupid and definitely pushing my luck and I can't leave Grandpa soaking in his bed or I should go to hell. Begrudginly I accept the fact that I am going to miss this once in a lifetime event and as I approach the last 50ft of my journey, the new neighbor say's to me " Hey Slut! " in a really nice friendly neighborly sort of way. I don't know if he knew who I was or where I lived, but I just looked at him, smiled and said Hi. As I entered the back yard, sure enough there was my boyfriend out in the yard working away at his share of my chores. I could smell Grandpas room before I even went inside and as my son walked up onto the stage to receive his excellence award, I tried not to yell back at Grandpa as he questioned me as to whoi I was and where was Kelly and what was wrong all wrong so wrong. I was just about finished with Grandpa when my boyfriend came to tell me it was time to get my son at the bussstop, he had not even asked me about the mornings events, knowing I had things to do other than chat. I said "I missed his thing" as though I'd been robbed or something. That's okay he said, he'll understand, there will be other awards. I told him you know it was really weird this morning there were about 20 totally freaky coincidences since I left, by the way we need to go get my car and fix it, he had just fixed something on the house that he had no experience in doing and had done a great job. He said, now Kelly, don't push your luck! I was so freaked out, I said I'll talk to you in a few minutes and I walked up the street toward the busstop. My little boy emerged from the bus, I expected him to be sad and dissapointed, but his face lit up when he saw me and he was exited about having something to give me. It was his excellence in math award, no I told him tht is yours, it's for you , I'm so proud of you! I'm so sorry that I missed your thing but Grandpa made a big mess and my car broke down. He said , That's okay mommy, look what I found on the ground outside the cafateria it's for you, I could tell he had wanted to keep it and give me the construction paper award. It was a small cross woven from celophane, like they make in jail, he said this is for you and broke into a run as he approached the house and saw my boyfriend working with tools. I just stood there dumbfounded, my mind going a thousand miles a minute trying to decide coincidence or devine intervention. A while later I showed my boyfriend the cross and told him about the day. All he said was "that figures, last night after we talked I prayed for you" Our talk had been about paranormal God stuff and I had been very interested, but waaay skeptical, as always. He had quite a tale to tell and I kept an open mind. That was the first day of a two-day lesson, the months that he spent here were filled with such coincidences, until I was convinced that there were no coincidences, just opportunities to become more aware. That is part one of that particualr series of events, part two is the next day and what transpired while retreiving the car. If you have read this and would like to hear the rest of it, let me know. A little afternote: the day after my boyfriend left, he never intended, nor did I expect him to be permanent, anyway, the day after he left I was sitting in my basement, excaping everything for a few minutes, or was it hours? Anyway, he'd shown me how to live , what to do and how to do it, basically, Pathways had come to my house instead of vica versa. I understood the whole thing and was very grateful for the chance to have been part of it. I just wanted a little more time to sit and do whatever I felt like doing which wasn't much that particular day, although tht particualr day there was much to do. Finally in just one more final stalling ploy I decided to call time and see what time it was, I wanted to make a note of when it was and on what day and time I became fully responsible for taking care of everything it was my responsibility to take care of. I'd learned many lessons, done alot of sorely needed growing up and I just wanted to write it all down so as to have tangible validation and confirmation and whatever else bullshit I could conjure up before I went and did my own dishes and my own grocery shopping etc. etc. I dialed popcorn, no answer. again and again and again, no answer I tried other four# combos , still no luck, It was pissing me off and into about the 10of 15 minutes, one of those crazy coincidence thoughts I'd gotten so used to listening to lately popped into my head. "you don't have any time" "there is no more time for you to waste" no time, get it no time? and I got it, I gave up, I accepted it , I knew it already anyway, No more time for Kelly to do anything but what she was supposed to and the phone rang and rang and rang, but there was no more time. This is all true, in case you might think otherwise. okay, I'm done  [This message has been edited by winki (edited 09-01-2000).]
|
|
#35
 2000-09-02, 05:16
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
I just went and bought the Necornomicon at Border's (they got everything). It's pretty weird ass shit. No hallucinagions yet.
|
|
#36
 2000-09-04, 17:27
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Winki,
Whoa, let's here part two.
|
|
#37
 2000-09-05, 04:02
|
MxPx-562 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
The only weird things that've happened to me other than "UFO" sightings which are probably all bullshit, are weird things i've heard. I'm 14 and all have happened within the past year. First one went like this: I woke up at 1:07 am, for no apparent reason, and I tried to go back to sleep. In about a minute I started hearing a beeping, kinda mechanical, like a computer, changing tones, up and down, in a pattern, at about 5 or 6 beeps a second. I thought "Oh it's just my mom trying to put my little sister to sleep and she's got the Tv on", because the living room is on the other side of the wall from my room, but the it seemed to move toward the other end of the house so i got up and went to the living room to see that no one was awake, and now it seemed to come from the kitchen, and i could see that no lights, appliances, or TV's were on anywhere in the house so I went back to my room, and the source of the sound moved down the hall, then seemed to go into my sisters room, then outside my bedroom window and stayed for about a minute, i looked out the window to see nothing. No idea what it was. The second is when I woke up around 5:30 in the morning, it was summer so the sun had just come up, and I heard what sounded like a pipe organ outside my window playing long mournful notes and i heard children screaming, not in fear or pain, but playful screaming and laughing, but there was nothing there, and i know it didnt come from anyone else's house cuz my house is about 1/8th of a mile from anyone else's and it seemed to come from directly outside my window. No idea what it was. The most recent goes like this. I couldnt connect to the internet, so w had the phone company come to look at the phone line, cuz we had been gettin a lot of static while talking on it. My parents had gone to a party and I had just gotten home from my friends house, and I tried to connect to the internet but couldnt, so i picked up the phone to call my parents cell phone to see if the guys had come to fix the line already. The phone was dead. I held the phone to my ear, no particular reason, for a minute, when i heard 4 voices, two british men, a british woman, and an aussie man talking to eachother, ever so faintly, i listened for about 5 minutes, when it became to faint to hear. I hung up and picked it up later, to see if maybe the phone was working again (maybe they fixed the phone line down the street?) and i heard the voices, in about 3 minutes the voices faded, i hung up and picked up again, and could hear them agian for about 3 minutes, and then it faded, i hung up and picked up again, etc... i did this for about 15 minutes, and then just hung up when it faded for the 5th or 6th time. Later my dad (an electrician) looked at the phone line, saw nothing wrong, but played with a few wires, switched them at the telephone pole and the house, so it should have no effect, its the same path for the electricity, but anyways, i went upstairs to the phone to see if there was a dial tone and i heard i loud screech, sounded like it came from something living, but it didnt sound like a normal human noise, and then the dial tone came back. MY mom could hear the screech from the other side of the house it was so loud. I thought maybe the talking on the line was interference from maybe a radio station, tv channel or something? I wasnt stoned and/or wasted any of these times, shit, i've never been stoned in my life. Basically all I can remember except for something that's most likely coincidental: the night that my grandfather died of a heartattack a picture of him and my grandmother that was hanging on the kitchen wall fell and broke. But that's probably coincident. Does anyone have any ideas about any of the above things or and similar occurences?
|
|
#38
 2000-09-15, 11:35
|
winki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Cool, glad I maybe explained it enough that the all pervasive strangeness came through! In order to explain day 2 a couple background facts: My boyfriend at the time was a really special guy. He was going through a varitable "kicking up through the enlightenment thing phase" The first "encounter" I had with him was via phone. An acquaintance of mine , actually the son-o-b who dimantled my z, called to say that he had a friend w/ lots of $ and lots of partyables and could he bring him over as he was in need of a place to lay low for a couple days. I was tempted but said no as I did not want to treat myself as a rentable companion nor my home as a hideout for gangsters on the lam. So I told him thanks , no. A while later he showed up with him anyway, he was obviously going through some heavy trips,in some peoples eyes you see your reflection, in his I swear I could see the universe!- so I tried to totally change the subject and asked him instead of "oh tell me your gangster drama"instead" so do you have any kids? where are they now? are you close to them?" Again my friend asked if he could stay, but I said No, I gave him an automatic drip coffee maker and a ride to a motel. We did connect in a way though, he left me a picture book that belonged to his son who was the same age as mine, he asked me to keep it safe for him as he expected to lose everything and keep his life if he was lucky. Of course I agreed, always happy to be the curator of all that is nice and good..then he was gone, but on my mind often in the following months. One night a friend called and wanted to be picked up from jail @ 3am, I'm nice so I went out to get him. Of all things I got a ticket for speeding on the jail grounds and had to go to court a few weeks later. Who should be in court, handcuffed to a one-armed guy and wearing Jesus thongs instead of leather boots but the guy who'd been over that night with the 65,000.00 cash and lb of.... and a barely cracked copy of pinnochio waiting to be retreived from moi'......we smiled @ each other and you aren't allowed to talk, but he managed to tell me that he was going to pathways in a few weeks. A few weeks later I thought I'd write him a little note to wish him well and I did. I told him that it had been good talking to him that night and that I hoped the sun was shining on his son's face wherever he was. I sent it off to the jail but it was returned a few days later. I procrastinated and finally sent it off again same returned envelope in a new envelope but again it was returned. I figured it must not be meant to be. A few days later he called to say he'd finally gotten to pathways and had been thinking about me, what a coincidence I said, I'd written him a couple times.......I said I'd write again, but put it off, finally I did write and shortly after he called and said it was a good thing I had because he was getting released the very next day and if he hadn't gotten the letter when he did, he wouldn't have thought to contact me before moving up north to stay with relatives. I told him "well at least come over for a little while" So he did. He came at about 10 o'clock in the morning and we talked and talked for hours. He told me what he'd been through, what was going on when I first met him, all kinds of crazy shit that had it not been coming from somebody who seemed to genuinely real I'd have said bullshit, but the story got more and more incredible and even past that began to involve my life in ways that only I would ever have been able to know . As I was thinking that this was the most incredible lie I'd ever heard and the best liar I'd ever met, things he said began to include irony that was of such a personal nature that I was in awe and a weird eerie feeling came over everything and stayed for the entire time he was here. I was taking care of my son who was about 4 and my Grandfather who was about 94 and numerous cats, foster dogs dealing with a violent ex and trying to keep it all together while my broken heart healed or whatever, that is another story. He was fresh out of pathways, totally used to doing all the domestic chores they require, totally happy to do them, He said I'll cook and clean and you take care of Grandpa and I've got a feeling that everything will be alright. My finances were very limited but with all the trippy shit that had been coming up I figured, okay sounds great. Plus he loved to eat pussy and I'm no fool, so he said he'd gotten the feeling that it was ok to stay for awhile instead of going to be with his family. He said that this time would come to be known on down the line(which we had already traveled much of together and apart) as "time , love and tenderness" In the end of Grandpas life, I had the one thing that was most important, a loving , helpful, caring companion to share my home and life with and it really was an incredible time. So now back to the part two of that trippy day with the "pushing my luck theme" My boyfriend had always brought up his concern for my son and Grandpas and mine's safety because of what he called "the nightmare before christmas". He said that he knew that before the new year he would have to face a very troubling confrontation with representatives of his past and he knew from all the things that had happened that he was not to raise a hand, very unlike the way he'd been(he used to have an Italian nickname even) He would have terrible nightmares and it was almost unbeleivable the intensity of the energies that would visit him as he slept. If I were to lay next to him ,not tired at all, I would immediately succumb to these soul-bending forces and all their profound and in my case wholly unsolicited manifestations upon my consciousness. I pretty much avoided laying down with him under those circumstances I was perfectly happy without the reality shattering shit that had been dropped in his lap and I would tell him so. Careful he'd say "or I'll pray for you! Anyway the next day we set out to retreive the car. I'd bought a chilton and we could fix anything. He wasn't much of a mechanic, no experience at all, but we had "divine guidance" if you will so off we went. He talked about his concerns and confusion as to the don't raise a hand issue that he'd be facing sooner or later and I didn't have much to say but" well I guess whatever is suppose to happen will." I forgot to tell you that just after he said he's stay and help and though it seemed unlikely the finaces would handle themselvesa that the phone rang and it was my father calling to say that he'd gone to the commisary and picked up a "few things" Well you know what the commissary is-so a few things was like 3mo.s worth of groceries. "See he said and smiled" I was beginning to. Another thing that he was bothered by was the fact that working outside ,as he did sometimes ,and being as well known, as he'd been at others, that eventually someone from his past would see him and violence would ensue, perhaps even the violence where he was not to raise a hand. This thought worried me too because I knew that it was almost better to hurt the ones that your enemy cared about than the enemy himself, but I felt as though things were charmed and left it at that. Then one day he said "It happened", what I said? Someone saw me and it's not good! He went on to tell me that a guy he'd fronted dope to w/ a ring as collateral had not paid him and so the ring had been lost and the guy was very unhappy about that and had threatened to kill him, in fact he said the only reason he's not been jumped by the guy on a previous occasion was because one of the mysterious puppets of the moment as he called them(otherwise innocent bystanders who played an intergral part in one of the many "trippy occurences") had come out of the blue and interupted the plan....Well this really got to me cause he said the guys name was such and such initial B and a few days before he'd come to live here I was working in the front yard rototilling ,cause I really wanted a lawn, (so I'd spent my party money on sod) when what should I turn up from 16 inches under the ground but a mans ring with the initial B and a stone buried under years of mud and roots and what the fuck was that ring doing buried deep in my front yard anyway? So we got to the car figured out the problem went and got the part came back and he proceeded to install a new water pump(the old one had rattled and fallen completely off into the fan belt and everything.We unpacked the tools, popped the hood , then I laid on the warm sunny sidewalk and thought how life was good. Down the street there were some men working tear-off on a roof. One of them had a pit bull in his truck, then out, then up on the roof, then back in the truck. I sort of wondered why he took the dog with him to work, but figured it was a macho thing, and labled him a stupid idiot. Suddenly there was a huge commotion, the pit had attacked a neighborhood dog that I'd also seen wandering around a great big golden retreiver or something and the dogs were just snarling and biting and all the mexicans up on the roof were yelling and cheering them on and you could tell that both dogs were getting hurt, but you could also tell that the Retreiver was getting the worst of it. I am an animal lover so I immedialtely jumped up ready to tell the guy to fucking break it up and put his stupid dog back in the truck. But my boyfriend said no, not to get involved with the thing, probably didn't want to invite the "raise no hand incident" if not forced upon him so I sat back down and thankfully the Retreiver wandered away back across the street obviously wounded, but walking away. At that point I felt like the guy should have been thankful that neither dog had been seriously injured and put his fucking dog back in the truck- and I told my boyfriend that I thought he should -and he said of course he ought to -but since the commotion was over I did not press the matter. It had been the pits owner anyway who'd finally gotten a broom and broken the two of them apart and shoed the other dog away. He just let it continue running around. The next sound was just like the first only this time probably encouraged by the assholes bragging about my dog could've in the interim the fucks up on the roof egged the dogs on and the Retreiver was howling something awful. The pit had gone out into the street to attack it again and so I think this guy is gonna break it up but I guess he thought, I actually have never known what that person thought, but instead he got a 2x4 and began beating the retreivers head in, you could hear the impact and the dog crying out as it was being murdered, that was it !I started to cry and scream and ran down the street towards them. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I yelled "Stop!" Stop!, but my voice was drowned out by the guys on the roof yelling finish it!finish it! and so he continued to beat the dogs skull in until it was soft and bloody and then horror of horrors when I finally got up as much in his face as I could and said I was going to call the cops he stopped, spit at me, but worse than anything I had ever imagined happening right in front of me(the previous time wasn't my imagination and my first love had died-hit-n-run@90+mph-knocked him out of his boots which remained next to each other in the crosswalk along with the crusafix he wore ,as the kid behind the wheel swerved left and right to throw his body off the hood)The poor Retreiver whom the entire neighnborhood had just heard howling and whimpering as he was beaten to death turned and staggered and began to walk away toward it's home with it's head caved in. It was horrific, just then the schoolbus came and let a bunch of little kids out right in front of the bloody headed dog "Oh no they cried, he got hit by a car!" "No! I yelled that guy killed him! he beat his head in with a board!", I was crying hysterically and a woman invited me inside to phone the police and aspca, I told them to bring a gun or something, that the dog was suffering very badly and needed to be put down. Help arrived almost instantly and the cop pulled right up next to me and asked what had happened, usually if a cop pulled up right next to me it wasn't nothing nice, but he asked me and I told him ~why did the guy have his dog out in the first place,~ why didn't he tie it up after the second place~ and what the fuck was he thinking when he beat it's brains in to the excited cheers of his co-workers? The cop nodded and thanked me and rolled up to where the asshole was,- right behind him was animal control and within a minute a shot, one last short dying yelp and it was over.
My boyfriend had not gotten involved,- my mouth sufficed -and the car was ready to go. I helped him gather the stuff up and before getting in the car to leave I gazed backwards at the house where the roofers were and down the street, much to my amazement the house at the end of the street where I'd been all day had the strangest thing affixed to it's roof. As big as an old fashioned tv antennae, they had erected a cross, just a normal house, not a church, just a residence, where I'd pulled my poor car to a final halt the previous day. before encountering the no good luck house and the house that wasn't even a house and finally the nice religious lady from India who was kind enough to give me a ride to the end of the line (which I totally appreciated) Right there at the end of the street in this rinky dink little neignhborhood was a huge cross that until then I had somehow missed. My boyfriend said "you know what?" "I give? ""That was fucked up, but you know what?" "Now I have the answer ,that was the answer, now I know that I must not raise a hand because I have been shown the horror caused to living things by the hand of man and having been shown it as I prayed for guidance I know now that i'll not raise a hand I'll take my beating and turn the other cheek, it is the only way." Fucking great I thought, well at least he has been consistent enough that I feel I know that it will be as he said, over before new years and we all live through it. That night at dinner he made some coffee or hot chocolate or something with stuff in it I don't remember exactly but it was scrumptious! and as we sat in the dining room dining and enjoying one anothers company, Grandpa who had been prone to spells of non-communicativeness for days at a time raised his cup of stuff and said" The finer points are being addressed" and smiled warmly and we all prosted and I thanked God or whoever was running this shit for running it by me cause it was so good. My boyfriend had taught my son to say the lords prayer and Grandpa delighted in this, at barely 5 years-old he said it at Grandpas funeral too.
Indeed, as he'd said ,these were the days of time , love and tenderness in many ways. Grandpa decided one night to stay up all night and watch mtv, he was intrigued by it and like Nirvanas heart shaped box video although it was" rough" as he said by way of artistic finesse," but good."And he would just smile and nod when" No rain" came on.
That night I did lay down next to my boyfriend, although I wasn't tired. It had been a long day and there was no other place that I'd rather have been, he was already asleep , deeply, as was usual and when I said what's that? he didn't hear me. We have large solid old wood doors on my house and I had just heard the old-fashioned deadbolt on the front door turn I hesitated and much to my releif the next noise did not come, there was the push, but not the swooshch that meant the door had been completely unlocked I hopped up and loudly said Hello? Hello? no answer I came right up to the other side of the door Hello, I was so scared that I could barely speak, I quickly turned and as quiet as I could ran on tiptoes back into the hall and picked up the phone to call 911, but there was no dial tone I frantiacally clicked the button, but there was no use the phone was dead! Then to my utter horror I heard swooshch... as the front door was opened I huddled in the corner with the phone hoping to make a break for it when the person reached the hallway, I had never been so frightened in all my life and with each passing second my heart thumped its way into my throat ant my ears began to ring and then the footsteps stopped and I realized there would be no moment of escape, whoever had entered the house was looking down at me right then and there, in horror I looked up and to my great releif!!!it was a cop, Oh thank God I said and muttered something about maybe they were around the side of the house or the back, someone was somewhere and what a miracle that the 911 had somehow gotten through, although in retrospect I know that it did not. As the cop walked past me to further investigate the prowler I ,releived out of my mind, walked toward the front door to see what might be out there ,safe, as I felt, now, with the cop there, I saw no cop car though, strange, actually there were a few people walking down the street both on my side and across the way, 3 actually, and with each step that I took away from my door I grew more and more aware that they were not just passing by, instead, they were converging toward me with intent to harm me and as I realized that this was happening I knew that the cop was not there, where I was, that he was back in the house or back yard that I was all alone and soon to be attacked by these bad, evil people, I sized up my escape routes and decide to make a run for the neighbors house, as I turned ,from the direction I had planned to sprint, appeared the guy who'd driven by ,the one initial B, the one who wanted more to kill something my boyfriend loved than to kill him came at me w/ huge strides from the moment I saw him until he was at armslength with a knife in his hand and looking directly into my eyes was 3 strides I froze in terror, aware that I was going to be hurt now, no matter if the cop came or what , he was going to stab me and as I sunk to me knees in shock and anticipation I thought about Grandpa and my son and then it was about to happen, I shut my eyes, tensed all my muscles .....and woke up! So he says, my boyfriend ,after I wake him up ,still shaking with fear," I guess it wasn't my nightmare after all". .........
Well fuck me to tears! I'd never been that frightened in all my life and to this day have not thankfully ever again been so scared. I have also learned how to , to some degree, tell the evil monsters that rarely appear in my dreams, maybe twice since and not nearly as realistic, to fuck off they're only dream monsters and they do, this is a very good ability and I am glad to have acquired it, mostly it comes in handy when I am having one of those stupid "you're up -you're doing what you're supposed to do,- everything is happening just like it is supposed to -even if you didn't want to get up and do it- fucking dreams that leads you on into thinking that you have gotten up and are doing what you're supposed to even though you have not, well, now, alot of the time I know better and though I hate to do it, I can say to my self"oh yeah right, feels great, sure....now get the fuck up cause this is a dream and everything is not fine!" and I do.
So that is part two of the other story, I didn't wrie it sooner cause I havent actually recalled it in it's entirety since it all happened and I was a little uneasy as to whether or not it would be well received. The experiences I had while he was here amazed me then and are still very special to me, so I was sortof nervous that someone might pooh-pooh the whole thing and hurt my feeling, but what the hell. If you're sincere enough to say let's hear it, I 'm sincere enough to tell it to you. And it's all true!
So much trippy stuff happened while he was here that I was continually surprised that the tv news wasn't camped out on the doorstep.
|
|
#39
 2000-09-15, 14:27
|
sckbch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Winki, this is beautiful. I admire your ability to tell stories. It's really impressive.
|
|
#40
 2000-11-14, 01:40
|
unstable247 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
damn i wish MY life was interesting like you guys'
|
|
#41
 2000-11-14, 03:19
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
wait a few days. the members of "The Pink Lincolns" are coming to abduct you and send you to South America. they should arrive around thanksgiving.
be warned.
see, i was abducted a few weeks after i registered. it was fun. you should try it.
|
|
#42
 2000-11-14, 05:02
|
Gravehead 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Last year on Halloween the owner of a local comic book/gaming shop held a Call of the Cthulhu roleplaying game that lasted all night (yes I'm a bit of a dork, but get over it). We were in the shop, which had been a mob headquarters during the U.S. alcohol prohibition. Someone was murdered in the basement, and the wall was bricked up. The hole in the wall is still there from when the police got the body out.
Anyway, we were in a room lit by about thirty candles on Halloween night, and there was a large mirror set up on a table with a few candles in front of it. At one point I looked over at it, and saw what looked like the face of an old man or woman made of solid brown smoke (that's the best way I've been able to describe it). Two other people, including the shop owner, saw it. It remained there for about five minutes. Everyone who didn't see it refused to look; they knew there was something there.
The shop owner is an expert on the occult, and helped design Vampire: The Masquerade for White Wolf. He said that he's seen faces in the bathroom mirror on several occasions, and heard knocking coming from the door at the bottom of the basement stairs. It may be just a comic book shop, but weird stuff happens (and that basement is pretty fucking scary!)
|
|
#43
 2000-11-14, 05:17
|
Royale w/ Cheese 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
I used to practice cross-breathing (a pranayama method) last yesr. Everything I read about it warned that without a steady regimen of yoga, the technique could cause disturbing mental effects. Well, I did the technique for 15 minutes every day for a while, then something happened. Every night, i am usually the last one awake. As soon as everyone would go to sleep, I heard the sound of a bell ringing outside my dining room window. I tried investigating, but nothing there. After a week or so of the ringing, I had an eerie feeling one night after hearing the bell ring, like something was there. I grabbed a baseball bat and ran up to my bed, then layed there all night clutching it. Somewhere around #:30 AM, I heard the sound of my front door being shut, even though it wasn't open in the first place. I stopped my pranayama practice, and all of the effects stopped. All in my head, but weird as hell regardless.
|
|
#44
 2001-01-21, 01:50
|
-_-_-_-_-PyRo-_-_-_-_- 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
I've got a wierd fuckin story:
When I was about 4, I was lying in bed, I felt really scared for some reason, it was about 2:00 in the morning. I had a stack of 3 empty brown toilet paper rolls on my bedside table(my mom was cleaning, or something, I guess) then they floated up and started shooting around at my face(I was freaked as fuck) and, when they stopped, they fell onto the floor... that was that... or was it? I ran out of bed screaming opened the door, RAN RAN RAN LIKE HELL, woke my mom up, she lied to me about them being my imagination and all sortsa bullshit, but I knew, it was real... I knew... if it was a holousination how did they get to the floor, my arms weren't long enough to reach them to knock them over in my fear. It might sound dumb but it was scary as shit. Cause if that could happen, what else could? I was never religios though...
|
|
#45
 2001-01-21, 03:35
|
PcThUg2ooo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
earlier in the post sckbch you said something about UFO sightings, but not being able to figure out what it could be, well try this for an explaination. During ww2 when most of our technology was first thought up of and made, I think that the governments, defiantely the russians and probably the americans were looking to make a new aircraft with a new power source (UFO's) that would explain the abnormaly large ammount of sightings during and right after the war. I think that they have been testing them for years and i STRONGLY belive that roswell was an american test that went wrong. The governments cant bring the technology to the community because of the fact that this wonderful power source that would solve all the problems of people running out of power and destroying our atmosphere and environment is too powerful. And that if any world leader got their hands on it the world could end very easly. Also the petrol companies and arabia and oil based countries would cause such an uproar that a new war could quit possibly eventuate. well thats what i think of UFO's anyways, and to stay on topic i have had a paranormal expeience, i dont believe in ghosts or wicca or any of that garbage i think mine was due to a very unstable mentaly ill person that lives in my street. Anyways i was about 7 or 8 years old and i used to sleep in a bunk bed with my little sister, one night It would have been really late about 2 or 3 am i awoke from a deep sleep from some sought of noise, I sat upright and a really really bright light stung my eyes. I layed back down straight away and looked over to where the light came from and saw a dark figure moving towards my bedroom door. There was a crunching noise and i stayed awake all night paralized with fright. Anyways I asked my sister in the morning if she heard anything and she said she awoke too and saw a light shining around the living room. My parents said we must have been imagining things and dismissed the fact. But im sure there was someone there. Ok maybe not paranormal but shit like that dont happen everyday huh? anyways bored and tired, ciao PcThUg2ooo
|
|
#46
 2001-02-26, 07:32
|
neopagan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
I was obductet: The Duck had flat feet...
No butt sneeriuosly folks; whaen I was around four or five years old I was staying the night at a friends house across the vally in the foothills I grew up in. Everybody was asleep. I had awakened to a bright light coming through the twins bedroom window, just then the droors on their dresser slid open and their cloths started unfolding and drifting around the room. Along with the Star wars and battlestar galactica toys on the top of the burrow Just as I started to become affraid the the experience ended. The strange part of the story is that I did not remember having that experience untill about three days later when I awoke from having a dream that I was looking at the hill between their house and mine; watching a green light shinning from the other side where they lived. The light in the experince was white\soft. The light in the dream three days later was green. I say experience b'cause It didn't feel like remembering a dream. looking back I now realise the light in the dream was only green from the trees on the hill. Very more recently('bout three to five years ago. I had a dream in the town I had been moved to by a divorse of my parents. This dream\experience was vastly more disturbing; 1. 'cause I was much older and 2. I had physical evidence for a couple of days...I dreamed I had awoken to unditinct beings having me watch as they cut open my for and middle fingers of my right hand to the bone... there was no bleeding... could see veins, arteries, muscle tissue...after wich they proceeded to sew the fingers up with some kind of lazer sugery. When I awoke there were razor fine burn lines all shinie and smooth that lasted about two to three days before disapearing entirelly.
B'sides being shot to death by three men using three different guns, choking on lungfulls of bloodn'sliding around helplessly in it on my\our back,I allso once had a dream that my lips were being sown shut. I started to grown in protest...then I woke up. On this occasion however I had just been entered into the wrong body before awakening... I imagine it must have given the mortition quite a scare!
Maybe, however the ones who might have taken me as a little were trying to tell me somethin'.
------------------ <-Evol<Chum<-
|
|
#47
 2001-02-28, 11:32
|
nihilistic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
the senses can decieve so can emotion, trust in instinct, which is governed through the senses, so where is the point from which the idea from all reality flows, randomness and chaos, once you get a dose of reality there is no turning back, nihilism!! no paranormal fantasy's envade my mind, just distract it!!!!
nihilism!!!!!
------------------ totally nihilistic
|
|
#48
 2001-03-09, 05:15
|
joe1627 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
I do not agree with all paranormal things; in the sense that they are made and happen with an outside force. As i see it your mind can create anything it wants, by not being able to access and explore all of one's mind, the mind may bring up and create images and emotions that can not be accessed perpously. They will be accessed and expirenced at radom times, making things all the more confusing. So basically i say it is made up by your mind.
Thought from Joe Blow
|
|
#49
 2001-03-09, 23:26
|
JCX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
prove that its all made up in your mind...(then again i cant prove that its not, but thats just philiosophy, nothing to do with the paranormal)
|
|
#50
 2001-04-02, 05:45
|
neopagan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
You built yourself my interpretation of a catch22!:= It has been Known to have occurred that two or more people have simultaniously experienced a paranormal experience.
Please explain that with your minds eye theory.
|
|
#51
 2001-05-06, 07:20
|
Kirby179 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
Hey, I haven't posted here yet, and once I do, this thing has a whole 50. It makes me feel like I'm doing my part.
Anyway, my paranormal experiance is very simple, but still kinda disturbing. I was lying on my bed, looking up at the ceiling, as I sometimes do, and suddenly, I sat up for no reason, saw my chair fall halfway to the ground, then right itself, and then I felt something go through me. I don't know what, I just remember it was relatively small (about the size of a fork), felt metallic, either silver or steel, and had a wierd smell. Kind of like a cross between gym shoes and CK1. If you put them together in a blender. And vomited on them. After eating some roses. I don't know. At. This. Point. I'm. Just. Trying. To. See. How. Wierd. I. Can. Make. Myself. Look. But the smell thing is right, the first sentance of the smell part at least. Ok, it's SNL time. 'nite all, and peasant dreams.
|
|
#52
 2001-05-10, 04:59
|
White Witch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Things that go bump in the night
quote: Originally posted by AtomicZagnut: There's also a thing called a "Night Hag" that has the same kind of effect as what Z was talking about. You feel a heavy weight on your chest, are paralyzed and hallucinate. Usually you just here voices or see a shadow move towards you, nothing big like Z's expierince.
Sorry.. i just joined in. I was just talking about this in another room. Sleep Paralisis.i think its caused my dehydration. most people claim this to happen when its warm i think. pretty strange that everyone has the same vision thouh. makes you wonder if its more then hallucinations.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|