About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-07-21, 21:19
WarLorD WarLorD is offline
Regular
 
Default seen it before

Sometimes I come to a place or do something and then I get the feeling that i already been here and done exactly that thing before. Then there is a very quick blackout, like a blink of an eye and I feel differently. I am not a psycho surely and there's nothing speceal in me. Anybody know what the heck that is ?
 #2 
Old 2000-07-24, 05:34
Matius Matius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

It's DejaVu buddy, not the club. It's usually a glitch in the matrix! GET OUTTA THERE!!!!! No, it's called Deja Vu, I heard its caused when the right side of your brain percieves something like a microsecond before the left side or something to that effect. Happens all the time. To me anyways.
 #3 
Old 2000-07-24, 08:32
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

Ever had Vu ja De', ???? The strange feeling that none of this has ever happened b4?
 #4 
Old 2000-07-25, 19:25
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

I've heard of that scientific explaination for Deja Vu, and although I think it works for most cases, not mine. I dream about the future, and when I wake up I remember the dream. Then, when the actual event really happens, I get the trippy deja vu feeling. Odd, huh?
 #5 
Old 2000-07-25, 23:27
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

X-Files is not an acceptable source of medical information, please.
 #6 
Old 2000-07-26, 20:47
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

Two things:

First, the X-Files is extremly well researched. There's as much science in that science fiction as there is fiction.

Second, I'm not basing that weird deja vu thingy on anything that's been on the X-files, I haven't seen an episode of the X-files like that. Actually, I saw it on the Disocvery Channel where part of your brain registers something quicker than another part of it. But, hey, maybe they put that on the X-files.
 #7 
Old 2000-07-26, 22:22
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

The Discovery Channel is a right wing conspiracy against my husband and myself.

See how rediculous that sounds?
 #8 
Old 2000-07-27, 05:01
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

It does sound sorta ridiculous, why would anything right-winged have "Discovery" in the name.

Of course, it's not entirely immposible...
 #9 
Old 2000-08-01, 03:13
The Real The Real is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

The Discovery Channel is Right Wing, that's why I like it so much for besides the info.
It supports the constitution and the right to bear arms. I'm quite surprised someone relates right wing as to undiscovery, when the left wing hides so much and is a master of coverups. Ya know, nukes sold to China, money to Russia to develop the worlds most advanced fighter aircraft, etc. No cover ups their huh?

Anyways I've experienced the phenomena as well, but it's been a while. I too used to dream about things then have them happen later, or so I thought. Usually I wouldn't remember exaclty until right before or at the time something happened. Like hitting my head on a cupboard in a bathroom was the most vivid for me.

[This message has been edited by The Real (edited 08-01-2000).]
 #10 
Old 2000-08-01, 06:53
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

Follow politics much?
 #11 
Old 2000-08-01, 15:40
sckbch sckbch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

ha, now that's ironic.
 #12 
Old 2000-08-02, 22:54
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

Want to hear something freakier? I actually think things, get this weird sensation of "knowing" and then a little while later, the thing I knew, is true.

no bullshit. Don't know how or why it happens. Plus, my boyfriend and I think the same thoughts all the time.

 #13 
Old 2000-08-05, 05:50
Tha_Orange_Munky Tha_Orange_Munky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

i always "dream the future"... i'll have a dream then a couple days later it'll happen... nawt quite what i would call ~deja vu~.. itz freaky yet helpful.. it kept me from falling down a rock cliff, tha is if i had kept goin rite like i dreamed... zee mind is a wonderful piece of equipment. mwahaha...
~Zee Munky~
 #14 
Old 2000-08-05, 08:47
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

In my quest for the no mind and search for my true will I happened upon many mental anomalies. On three occasions(Is that number meaningful? Teehee) I fell into a trance and saw the exact happenings of what was to happen a few seconds later.

It would happen like this. I would drift off in a whirlwind of boredom. Always boredom. It's hard to explain but I would no longer be thinking or living; merely existing as some object does. Then I would raise my head and look around. All the time not thinking, not feeling, not understanding, just observing. It was like the processor of my mind was turned off and my memory was just logging what was happening around me. Pure memory, without the distortion of thought or expectation.

My vision was always tinted red and almost liquidy around the edges. Sort of what it's like when you tear up but add a tryptamine flavor to it. What I was hearing was always distant and echoy.

The whole thing was like a dream where you loose total control of everything including your own actions. As if you're being compelled by some unknown desire but are on the verge of waking.

As this was happening a feeling of "This is so cool" began to creep into my peripheral thought. As that feeling began to fully realize, I would hear something oddly familiar. I'd then realize that I just heard it. Then I'd hear or see something else and get the same feeling. When this happened, it'd click and I'd recite to myself exactly what would happen next. Peoples' actions as well as words.

This never happened when I had someone to tell what would happen so I've never verified that this was really a vision of the future or simply the beginnings of my instability. Oh let me tell you, that was no fun.

This never happened when I was on drugs although it did occur in the midst of my intensive stint with disasociatives. It would also correlate with smoking large amounts of pot in the mornings but these events happened in the late afternoons.
 #15 
Old 2000-08-05, 09:38
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

instability?????bummer Z3m....
It is so cool
That's what I always think when it happens to me, I think "wow,..cool...wonder why I get to know this? Of course as soon as the thinking becomes palpitable, it all goes later -like a rock wrecks the picture on water, but tht few second where I can actually practice/struggle not to think too much and just observe, fuckin-a dude, that's sooooooooo cool!

Am I unstable?
Prolly, huh?
naah...
maybe....
whatever, yup
n-kay
 #16 
Old 2000-08-09, 05:39
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

Munky, that dream the future stuff is what I was talking about earlier. Excpet, it always happens exactly as I dream it. I used to try to "Change the future" by looking the other way or something like that, then I'd remember I did that in the dream, too. So, now, instead of fighting my dreams, I just go along with them. If I had a dream where I fell off a cliff, I'd be fucked.
 #17 
Old 2000-09-20, 00:31
FuCken-Idjiat FuCken-Idjiat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

I have had weird "feelings" and sensations about things my whole life...
When I talk to people and Im looking at them, I can tell what they're thinking by simply looking in they're eyes...I get the "vibrations" they send..its very weird...
And i have verified these feelings, so I know in fact im not foolin myself.
I get Deja-vu's very often...to the point where those kinds of situations become common place for me now...I mean I have at least 2 every day....it gets to a point where its just like "ohhh...not again..!"
I guess I have always had weird instinctive and intuitive feelings...I think everyone should listen to they'e instincts more and do what they feel like...not really analyze things so much, just reflect upon them and instinctively follow your gut feeling...
 #18 
Old 2000-09-20, 00:50
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

y'ever walk into a room and forget why you came in?

that is how dogs spend their lives...
 #19 
Old 2000-09-20, 00:51
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

how that was at all relevant, i do not know.
 #20 
Old 2000-09-20, 00:57
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

I don't have any mental powers. They are all drowned out by the aldreniline that constanting courses through my system.

Anybody ever feel stressed? That is how I feel everyday, all day. You know when you get suprised by something and you can feel the aldreniline go through your body. I feel that everyday all the time. It makes me very tired and twitchy. I never eel like breathing. My body tingles all over when it spikes up from suprises or stress. It's like a natural high, but it's like being stoned for 3 days stright. You get tired of not being able to think stright. My whole life. I'm gonna go watch that 70's show.
 #21 
Old 2000-09-20, 04:19
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: seen it before

On Suzie's comment about her and her boyfriend thinking the same thing, sometimes when I ask my brother to get me "The Thing" or "it" without pointing or specifying any further, he gets exactly what I was thinking of.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics