|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2000-06-14, 10:26
|
etchy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
Here is my thought on what the flying UFOs in the sky actually are. Let's first figure out what they aren't.
Extra-terrestials: The classic gray looking alien with the humanoid appearance could not be from another planet. We have evolved this way over millions of years. To think intelligence evolved on another planet is logical enough, but to think that this intelligence evolved with coincidentally the SAME physical features is a bit of a stretch. Especially since there are animals on this planet that might have intelligence that look nothing like us (dolphins). Also mathematics tends to put the probability of two totally separate planets separated by MILLIONS of light years, finding each other in the infinity of the universe as the same probability that Pat Buchanan and Dr. Laura will win the 2000 election! And also, imagine yourself an alien who has just travelled a billion light years to find a bunch of apes that seem to have mastered a few tools, talk about a let down!
Trans-dimensionalists: Ok, there is the theory that aliens could be from another dimension, and that there is an infinite amount of dimensions where every possibility is played out. However, if it were possible to cross over, then one of the possibilities would be that right now another group of aliens would cross over and appear in your living room. Now, I may be making a generalization here, but I'm betting there are NO aliens in your living room right now!
Now lets look at what characteristics we place on aliens: Humanoid Doesn't want to be discovered Documented throughout history Advanced technology Curious about humans
So my theory is that aliens are not fun-loving explorers from beyond the stars, but simply human time-travelers from the future. They look that way because that is the way we will look after a few millenia of genetic engineering and evolution. All they want to do is observe humanity, and remain unnoticed so they don't do too much damage to the timeline.
So, that is my crazy theory, what does everyone think? PLEASE REPLY!
|
|
#2
 2000-06-14, 22:36
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
I thought the same until I realized that all those claiming to have had a close encounter of the 2nd and 3rd kind are nuts. Not to say they are total loonies but their experiences have been documented throughout time. It used to be angels. God died and now it's the aliens.
Whatever.
I think time travel is more a probability than transdimensional beings.
Remember that Simpsons where Mr. Burns was an alien? Yeah, that's my theory. Aliens are really old, rich guys who own nuke plants.
|
|
#3
 2000-06-15, 00:54
|
winki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
<,<http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/demosthene/index.html>.interesting, cut and paste, sorry
|
|
#4
 2000-06-15, 03:38
|
Suziegirl 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
actually z, lots of people still claim to see angels too.. A lot of them don't necessarily believe in god, just in guardian angels who watch over them
|
|
#5
 2000-06-27, 00:39
|
00goddess 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
I think that some people really need to believe that something bigger than they are is taking an interest in their life. This could be aliens or angels.
It's not a coincidence that more and more people are claiming to see UFOs and angels, and more and more people have depression, and more and more people feel generally dissatisfied with their lives.
People need something to believe in. So many people have such empty lives; they ned to believe that they are not wasting their time.
I think angels probably exist. I also think intelligent aliens probably exist. I belive these things because in such a diverse world, it is more likely that such things *do* exist, than that they don't.
But I, personally, have no truck with either angels nor aliens. They can go their way, attending to thos who really need them, and I'll go mine.
Do I belive that everyone has a personal guardian angel? No. The world population is growing. What were all those spare angels doing for millenia? Polishing the silver?
Do I believe that everyone in the US has at some time been abducted by aliens? No again. If there were that many aliens, abducting that many people, somebody would be bound to notice. I mean, when I was a kid, my mom looked in on me constantly at night, to make sure I was asleep and not reading under the blanket with a flashlight.
Most parents do this, for one reason or another. If all these aliens were zooming all over the globe, rushing to make abduction quotas, the air traffic alone would be a nightmare.
00goddess
|
|
#6
 2000-06-27, 02:32
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
I dun care what they call 'em. Same dealio.
|
|
#7
 2000-06-27, 06:16
|
Suziegirl 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
ugh.. don't start with Time travel Z.. I'm having a tortuous discussion about that on another board and it's driving me nutso..
|
|
#8
 2000-06-27, 09:59
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
Fuck you!
|
|
#9
 2000-06-27, 14:05
|
Suziegirl 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
I see you're your usual sunny self today Z!... 
|
|
#10
 2000-06-27, 23:11
|
etchy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
What's kinda funny about this whole discussion I started is that not once did I mention angels, but somewhere along the way, those celestial beings popped into the message. Hmmmm.....act of God maybe?
|
|
#11
 2000-06-28, 02:22
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
I'm sick of everyone blaming Bob for their problems. Just shut it, you.
Oooooooo... God drives a chevette!
|
|
#12
 2000-06-28, 02:54
|
Suziegirl 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
why?
|
|
#13
 2000-06-28, 07:48
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
'Cause Chevettes RULE!
|
|
#14
 2000-07-13, 03:29
|
SoulBlazer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
i THINK YOU MAY BE RIGHT ABOUT THE TIME TRAVEL THING,etchy, but as far as I'm concerned, the goddess will tend to to all dealings with extra terrestrials, other deminsions, and time traveling humans, but as far as that goes, I personaly believe in all three.
but it's not like my opinion counts or anything.
BLESSED BE,
SOULBLAZER
|
|
#15
 2000-07-13, 22:47
|
Eldritch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
Shut up Blazer. I don't believe in you. Fucking Undead.
Anyway, I myself am a strong believer of the infinite and of course that would make me a believer of Transdimensionalism. Now I can't say UFo, etc. experiences can be blamed on transdimensionalism, but I think the infinite is quite real. What you seemed to miss about transdimensionalist theory Etchy, is that each contains a relatively seperate reality space. So while aliens may not have landed in your living room in this reality, they have in many, many, others. Polydimensional Reality is a difficult thing for the human mind to comprehend, you just have to accept infinity and try not to analyze it too much. Maybe it would help to picture it like this, in a void of blackness there is a bar of rainbow extending forever forwards and backwards, each slice of color rides from top to bottom, and is very narrow. Each slice is one reality in the infinity of possibiltiy. Our slice is the reality we know, the slice next to it would be indistinguishable in every way, because the only difference might be that 7 million years ago one insect moved his left antenna to the right .003 of a second slower than it did in our reality 7 million years ago. Get the idea? The farther down the bar you go the more off from our reality you get. Everything is possible, and in some place, some time, some dimension it has all happened already. You could spend your whole life mapping realty tangent webs, but there is no point. Take here and now and what you know and what you learn, work with that.
|
|
#16
 2000-07-14, 20:29
|
Eldritch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
LOL, that one truly makes me bang my head against the wall. Trying to envision the infinite is sort of overwhelming and awe inspiring. Trying to envision utter nothingness makes me want to tear and scream. When trying to figure how anything came from nothing, well that's when you have to start to get spiritual I guess. I don't know about TOE, got a link?
PS: Z3m: God drives a pinto and it really needs some paint.
|
|
#17
 2000-07-14, 22:25
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
LIAR!@
|
|
#18
 2000-08-01, 03:01
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
Time travel is a funny thing. Going back in time has been deemed impossible by some. In actuality so it going to the future. Einstein's theory was based on relative, not jumping through some space time continuim or other dimensions. It simply states that as a body approaches the speed of light, time slows down for that body. Other bodies not going nearly that fast experience time in different manner, it stays the same. So upon return from this near light speed trip, more time would have elapsed at your destination than you experienced. So, you, relatively speaking, skipped some time to catch up with your destination point. All in theory. So in essence the speed of time is equal to the speed of light. So how does one go back in time? You have to have the opposite acceleration as you did to move ahead. In which direction then do you go? It's pretty messed up. Even more so messed are tachions. Particles that move faster than the speed of light. If moving from point A to point A in a circle, a tachion would arrive at point A, before it even left point A.
Anyways I'd be interested to know how these people found the energy to move at such high speeds. As a body reaches light speed, it's mass becomes infinite. It takes an infinite amount of energy to move an infinite amount of mass, according to Einstein. And so it's quiestioned, how to tachions move faster than the speed of light and how to photons move at the speed of light? They are 2d particles, which have no mass.
I think UFO's exists, anything a person sees that cannot be identified is a UFO. However a UFO is not necessarily alien. I don't believe in little green men or that aliens of any sorts do exist. I have seen nor experienced any hard proof of their existence. I'll believe in Loch Ness or Big foot before I'll believe litte Et's are running around. And yes I do believe there is a God, based mainly on experience and what some researchers have found. But then I also believe in evolution and that it was merely a tool God used. If ET's do exist I would expect them to be microbiological organisms, like bacteria. Space is harsh with probably few life friendly places, bacteria are the only organisms we know of that could possibly handle such extremes.
It's probable that ET's exist,but I don't believe. It's probable I suppose the gray people could be us eons from now, but I don't believe that either. When one knocks on my door and we chat for a while, then I'll believe.
|
|
#19
 2000-08-09, 05:46
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
The third law of motion is "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Thus, there must be some sort of "anti-light", that goes the speed of light, but against light's "current", sending whatever moved that fast back in time.
P.S. Wouldn't it be funny if a tachyon went past on of those police speed radar guns???
|
|
#20
 2000-08-09, 19:00
|
Eldritch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: General Theory of Aliens, UFOs, etc.
The Real, I once read a hypothesis that theorized i yo u took an object of enough mass and spun it fast enough it would go back in time as it created some sort of mega mass hole in space/time. This seems related to theories that black holes may take one back in time if only one could get through it out the other side.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|