About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-02-23, 22:24
~V ~V is offline
Regular
 
Default Psychiatric 'Medicine'?

I heard on the radio that there has been a 50% increase in prescriptions of
psychotropic drugs to preschool children (ages 2 and 3yrs I heard) between
1991 and 1995.

The manner in which these drugs are recommended by impatient teachers,
parents, and prescribed by medical 'professionals' is disturbing. Like I
have said many times, the parents, teachers, psychologists and doctors
should be given' chemical lobotomies' so they will be more patient with
the brilliance of children.

I think this whole thing is a lucrative sales push by the pharmaceutical
companies, in the furtherance of what has already proven over decades to
be a modern day attrocity.

Millions of people have suffered permanent nerve damage through previous
decades of being forced to take 'psychiatric medicines', prescribed for a
long list of theoretical
hocus-pocus clinical definitions in these Pseudo-Sciences of psychiatry and
psychology. These are the kinds of witches that I would like to burn.

I've been trying to tell people this since the early 1970's. Think about
it! Did we have these sorts of 'problems' with children and school age
children prior to this 'push' by the psychiatry, psychology and
pharmaceutical industries. NO!

There are lots of problems with this, here is one of the news stories:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20000223/ts/health_preschoolers_1.html


 #2 
Old 2000-02-28, 13:39
Ancisace Ancisace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Psychiatric 'Medicine'?

Personally, I prefer the ol' fashioned ice pick lobotomy myself...
But then again, I love all mind altering surgery Separate that corpus callosum, add lesions to that damn ventro medial hypothalamus, in fact lets remove everything except the medulla!
SUPPORT THE SOCIETY FOR THE PROMOTION OF BEING ANENCEPHALIC FROM BIRTH FOUNDATION!
SEND MONEY!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Ancisace (edited 02-28-2000).]
 #3 
Old 2000-02-29, 02:48
Xem Xem is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Psychiatric 'Medicine'?

MARS NEEDS WOMEN!

B-6 (or is it B-12?) is great to boost your inspiration rate.
 #4 
Old 2000-03-01, 12:56
slime slime is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Psychiatric 'Medicine'?

SHADS OF SANFRANSICO 1956 TO HATE ASHBURY HE SAID DO NOT LET THE GOVERNEMENT CONTROL THE DISTRIBUTION OF DRUGS.THEY THOUGHT HE WAS IN ORBIT THEN WELL HE IS REALLY NOW.
 #5 
Old 2000-05-12, 20:55
BlueFunk BlueFunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Psychiatric 'Medicine'?

I also think part of the problem with prescribing meds to young children has to do with adults wanting a quick fix. having the kid pop a pill is a lot faster/less hassle for the parents, than sending the parents through 'training'/behavior modification on how to be 'better' parents, in light of their child's problem and special needs. it seems like an easy solution, and in many cases, a biological intervention is key. part of the reason must also be attributed to increased information and discoveries on varous problems, their causes, how to identify them, and how to treat them. decades ago, certain mental illnesses were either unheard of, or misdiagnoses because little was known about them (or the wrong info altogether). obviously, an issue like this has many aspects that go into it, and one explanation just doesn't cover it all!!
well, that's my 2 cents, for what it's worth.
~bF
 #6 
Old 2000-05-16, 15:21
Bladerunner Bladerunner is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Psychiatric 'Medicine'?

Must say it good to hear some others voicing the concerns that I have been thinking and saying for some time now. Its crazy how many kids are now being put on "add" drugs when all they are looking for is a line in the sand as to what is right and wrong. Problem is when they come off the drugs when they are older, they still don't know what is correct behaviour in given situations because no one bothered to teach them they just zombied them out because it was "easier". The only ones to win from all this is the drug companies, lets face it they make an obsene profit and really just don't give a shit anyway.
 #7 
Old 2000-05-21, 06:19
HarDeeHar HarDeeHar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Psychiatric 'Medicine'?

One would wonder about the reason behind the parent's giving his or her child these drugs... you could surmise that they want to give their children these drugs because they would want nothing better than to make their children follow them easy. Sort of a power trip. COPE WITH THE PROBLEM YOURSELF! People who resort to these unfair forms of behavior control are lazy, short-tempered, and most of all, insecure.
 #8 
Old 2000-05-23, 15:18
Bladerunner Bladerunner is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Psychiatric 'Medicine'?

Hey you want to know the latest. Here in Australia according to the lastest newspaper the very young kids are selling their "ADD" pills at school. Thats just fucking great isn't it. Like as if we haven't got enough friggin drugs out there, the drug companies just got to up the market. And worst of all because mom and dad "think" Johny istaking is pill they "think" he is getting better. Or better still for the drug market is that Johny doesn't "appear" to be responding to the dose. better up it a bit. Bit more to sell ok? Round and Round the cycle goes. Hey I should have been a chemist that for sure. Maybe I should open a drug company, bribe a few polies and senators, make a few " I care for dolphins" advertsiments and make a fortune. I don't think parents are lazy or don't care etc. What i do know is that they are being brainwashed ( now theres an old one ) into thinking they are "doing whats best" for there kids. When they are not allowed to discpiline children as parents have for thousands of years ( and thats what the kids are looking for, lines in the sand ) then what choices are left. Keep saying "don't do that" like some fucking broken record? I remember several times in my live when my father gave me the strap. I was shit scared but I tell you to this day I knew I deserved it. I had pushed to the very limit cause I was looking for the limit. I never crossed the limit again. No I was not abused or damaged, I was shown that "told and shown tree times is enough" don'tdo it again please meant just that. In clubs my kids are in a couple of kids supposedly have "add". We have had them with us at times, when they start to play up I just look them straight in the eye and tell them that I do not stand for bullshit ( exact phrase ) and really mean it. Funny that they are just normal great kids after that. I wonder what they are doing with their "add" pills ????
 #9 
Old 2000-05-28, 05:52
HarDeeHar HarDeeHar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Psychiatric 'Medicine'?

Funny that those kid's parents just give them the Add pills and not bother to see them take 'em... by the way, does anyone know the DETAILED effects of these so called Add pills? Back here they don't use, let alone sell these pills. Anyone can help?
 #10 
Old 2000-05-30, 23:51
smokey smokey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Psychiatric 'Medicine'?

bladerunner.....as you would know add is the all ausie cause of bad mannered uncontrolled little shits
 #11 
Old 2000-05-31, 20:58
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Psychiatric 'Medicine'?

Thats nothing.. My friend's little brother was on prescription Speed at one point.. He had severe ADD and a few other things too. I think it was to slow down his brain so he could realise consequences.His brain used to go too fast and skip things, so he couldn't understand action and reaction. Like going after your sister with a crowbar is a good idea, because he could never get to the part of the thought that said, "hey this isn't that smart a thing to do". (Because speed actually slows down your brain rather than speed it up) I would guess that things like Ritalin work similarly.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics